What's new

The Throne Room of Mountain Gods.

I am serious.. if you are comfortable with it, we can look forward and plan maybe..

Understood. If anything comes along, I'll make sure to let you know.

Yes I have seen the original, I probably have seen alot of david's documentaries.. in these holidays I am going to catch up with Bear Grylls's program.

Grylls is good but there was another show like it except that the host used to go alone and used to do everything himself without any safety/support/camera staff present. Can't remember its name and it got cancelled since it wasn't flashy enough to rope in a lot of viewers, like Grylls' show.

Understood. If anything comes along, I'll make sure to let you know.

Grylls is good but there was another show like it except that the host used to go alone and used to do everything himself without any safety/support/camera staff present. Can't remember its name and it got cancelled since it wasn't flashy enough to rope in a lot of viewers, like Grylls' show.

thanks alot.. its so nice of you.. I am hoping its not a polite way of refusing..lol... I am, if I havenot told you yet, hail from lahore as well.. and if you want I can provide your details of who I am and where I work etc and facebook ofcourse so that if you may decide to take me along the journey to the north, there are no trust or communication issues between us..

and yes, since I havent done scaling before, except trekking and once falling off a glacier to no less 200 meter free slide down, so I wont be adding any value to your expedition at first time. you will be rather mentoring me :D

anyway, Yes that Grylls is fancy work, but pretty good to watch all his adventures..

thanks alot.. its so nice of you.. I am hoping its not a polite way of refusing..lol... I am, if I havenot told you yet, hail from lahore as well.. and if you want I can provide your details of who I am and where I work etc and facebook ofcourse so that if you may decide to take me along the journey to the north, there are no trust or communication issues between us..

anyway, Yes that Grylls is fancy work, but pretty good to watch all his adventures..

PM me, and we'll have a detailed discussion on this. For obvious reasons I won't risk taking you on climbs right away. But I also trek a lot with easy climbs included and I'm sure you know yourself that it's no short an experience. I've always had mixed feelings about taking new people (including people I've known for ages) with me since, in my experience, most people aren't cut out for it and then the fatigue and nerves completely change them for the worse. On the other hand I also love it because for some travel brings out the best in them and you form brotherhoods that last a life time. Besides you don't find people actually interested in this very often. It's basically gambling :p: So if I'm going somewhere where I think I can risk taking you then it would be my pleasure and we will hash something out. But even if I'm not going myself or can't take you I can still plan it out for you and then hook you up with people who would make your experience phenomenal and the task very easy.

Funny story; I once took three of my very old and very good friends with me to Fairy Meadows. They couldn't even handle the car ride to Raikot, which I drove on a fever while they slept at the back. I arranged literally everything for them and did everything by myself, babysitting them as if they were paying me. Yet their tempers started flaring and accusation of bad management against me were plenty, even before we began our trek. For people like these, only the idea of adventure is alluring, they can't handle a trip as tame and easy as the Fairy Meadows. Stupid green-horns :lol:

and yes, since I havent done scaling before, except trekking and once falling off a glacier to no less 200 meter free slide down, so I wont be adding any value to your expedition at first time. you will be rather mentoring me :D

Woah! Where? When?

And don't worry about the experience bit. The first time I took my now regular climbing partner, I had to almost carry him down from 4,500 to 3,000 at night, alone in -25 C, because he couldn't see or think any more. I was reciting Ayatul Kursi all the way :lol: But I'm no mentor, I'm just an amateur who still learns something new on every climb.

Last edited:
PM me, and we'll have a detailed discussion on this. For obvious reasons I won't risk taking you on climbs right away. But I also trek a lot with easy climbs included and I'm sure you know yourself that it's no short an experience. I've always had mixed feelings about taking new people (including people I've known for ages) with me since, in my experience, most people aren't cut out for it and then the fatigue and nerves completely change them for the worse. On the other hand I also love it because for some travel brings out the best in them and you form brotherhoods that last a life time. Besides you don't find people actually interested in this very often. It's basically gambling :p: So if I'm going somewhere where I think I can risk taking you then it would be my pleasure and we will hash something out. But even if I'm not going myself or can't take you I can still plan it out for you and then hook you up with people who would make your experience phenomenal and the task very easy.

Funny story; I once took three of my very old and very good friends with me to Fairy Meadows. They couldn't even handle the car ride to Raikot, which I drove on a fever while they slept at the back. I arranged literally everything for them and did everything by myself, babysitting them as if they were paying me. Yet their tempers started flaring and accusation of bad management against me were plenty, even before we began our trek. For people like these, only the idea of adventure is alluring, they can't handle a trip as tame and easy as the Fairy Meadows. Stupid green-horns

Woah! Where? When?

And don't worry about the experience bit. The first time I took my now regular climbing partner, I had to almost carry him down from 4,500 to 3,000 at night, alone in -25 C, because he couldn't see or think any more. I was reciting Ayatul Kursi all the way But I'm no mentor, I'm just an amateur who still learns something new on every climb.

thanks, I dont know how to PM you, did go to inbox but its not something where I can start a private conversation with you or anyone..

oh yes, thats the best and also the worst part of traveling, you somehow get to know people and it also gives you the best feelings and also breaks your heart, when a closed one is not who you thought he/she was.. and its just terrible to know if its a bad experience.. its really not everyone's sport to be friends when fatigue hits. I have experienced it myself.. :argh:

okay boss :bounce: just let me know how to PM you, so that we can alteast build some trust.

believe me you cannot push people to it, adventure travel is a carving from inside.. its part of one's lifestyle, else if you drag people, its nothing but burden, and above that they have issues, issues with everything, they are so used to of living in their comfort zones that its just devastating for them..like I said you got to have an inbuilt desire and love for nature and its beauty otherwise its not for you.

raikot tak tou there is no issue, abhi recently road ban giya hai wahan bhi.. I was there this summer, when they were carpeting the missing match..so I am sure its super road by now..

Yara it was basically on way to saif ul malook when we first went up there, it was snowy, we didnt take a guide or even followed the people, as one friend who once been there, said he knows a short cut :hitwall: and instead of following the track, we went up on a mountain, when we looked down it was impossible to get back, so we looked ahead on our right and there was this glacier, and there was track for jeeps across that, which we could reach and then rejoin the normal route down, so we decided to cross the glacier, we had nothing, and the snow was soft, we slowly started to cross and in the middle I slipped, I started sliding down, I couldnt think of anything, as I was getting faster and faster, till a soft spot came and I got stuck there, I was too scared to even move for some times, the width of that glacier was I think hardly 200-300 feet, and I just had to cross a 100 feet to get on the mountain and it took me almost an hour, as I was really scared and feeling hungry very badly..:agree: anyhow, I did manage to get to the other side, my hand, I remember had that itching for many days, probably due to contact with snow..

haha.. I can very well imagine your situation.. ayatul kursi parna banta thi.. :lol:

Tell me how to PM you.. and we will see if things can work out or not.. hoping for the best and good for us all..:tup:

thanks, I dont know how to PM you, did go to inbox but its not something where I can start a private conversation with you or anyone..

Lala, first of all, I'm extremely sorry for not responding any sooner. I've been all over the place recently. Had your post open in the 1000 other tabs since you wrote it and then lost it, now found it.

Lemme check if I can figure the pm thingy out, tbh I've never sent one myself :p:

oh yes, thats the best and also the worst part of traveling, you somehow get to know people and it also gives you the best feelings and also breaks your heart, when a closed one is not who you thought he/she was.. and its just terrible to know if its a bad experience.. its really not everyone's sport to be friends when fatigue hits. I have experienced it myself.. :argh:

believe me you cannot push people to it, adventure travel is a carving from inside.. its part of one's lifestyle, else if you drag people, its nothing but burden, and above that they have issues, issues with everything, they are so used to of living in their comfort zones that its just devastating for them..like I said you got to have an inbuilt desire and love for nature and its beauty otherwise its not for you.

Ah you get it. I couldn't agree with you more, you're cent percent correct.

raikot tak tou there is no issue, abhi recently road ban giya hai wahan bhi.. I was there this summer, when they were carpeting the missing match..so I am sure its super road by now..

Ikr? Tell that to the pansies I took :lol: But that time we took the Babusar route, so there wasn't a real road from Lulusar till Babusar pass. And you should see the road beyond Raikot, it is spectacular.

Yara it was basically on way to saif ul malook when we first went up there, it was snowy, we didnt take a guide or even followed the people, as one friend who once been there, said he knows a short cut :hitwall: and instead of following the track, we went up on a mountain, when we looked down it was impossible to get back, so we looked ahead on our right and there was this glacier, and there was track for jeeps across that, which we could reach and then rejoin the normal route down, so we decided to cross the glacier, we had nothing, and the snow was soft, we slowly started to cross and in the middle I slipped, I started sliding down, I couldnt think of anything, as I was getting faster and faster, till a soft spot came and I got stuck there, I was too scared to even move for some times, the width of that glacier was I think hardly 200-300 feet, and I just had to cross a 100 feet to get on the mountain and it took me almost an hour, as I was really scared and feeling hungry very badly..:agree: anyhow, I did manage to get to the other side, my hand, I remember had that itching for many days, probably due to contact with snow..

haha.. I can very well imagine your situation.. ayatul kursi parna banta thi.. :lol:

Tell me how to PM you.. and we will see if things can work out or not.. hoping for the best and good for us all..:tup:

:o: You are lucky! Lucky that there were no rocks in your way or logs or a drop!

Lala, first of all, I'm extremely sorry for not responding any sooner. I've been all over the place recently. Had your post open in the 1000 other tabs since you wrote it and then lost it, now found it.

Lemme check if I can figure the pm thingy out, tbh I've never sent one myself :p:

Ah you get it. I couldn't agree with you more, you're cent percent correct.

Ikr? Tell that to the pansies I took :lol: But that time we took the Babusar route, so there wasn't a real road from Lulusar till Babusar pass. And you should see the road beyond Raikot, it is spectacular.

:o: You are lucky! Lucky that there were no rocks in your way or logs or a drop!

No issues brother :)

Now babusar road is also complete (almost) and they are also making another road, heard that would cut short the travel by 4 hours.. and we may not need to stay in Chilas anymore, when rolling ahead :D

Yes, I know I was damn lucky.. bas zindagi thi, Allah nay karam kia :)

12189942_825944120848536_2714081771993813925_n.jpg

K2.....some dude from Slovenia plans to ski down from it this year.....lmao....
if any of you knows who Tomo Cesen is, this one is even crazier.....skied off Everest 15 years ago...watch the below video which isn't from Pakistan but gives a good idea on mountain skiing.

12004049_808122165964065_2575178071733719329_n.jpg

In related news, 4 days before this photo was taken a Pakistani army helicopter saved one of the teams members who was suffering from altitude sickness.

Some nice videos/photos from Pakistan at SKI K2 - Naslovnica

Last edited:
No issues brother :)

Now babusar road is also complete (almost) and they are also making another road, heard that would cut short the travel by 4 hours.. and we may not need to stay in Chilas anymore, when rolling ahead :D

Yes, I know I was damn lucky.. bas zindagi thi, Allah nay karam kia :)

Lala that other route is the Babusar route. It's the one that will cut the times, since it pretty much goes directly north and joins the KKH an hour or so ahead of Chillas rather than circling around the Kaghan valley going through Bhesham, Dassu and the whole of Kohistan which the classical KKH route does. I predicted this route being developed back in 2009/2010 (I believe on this forum too). The only problem with the Babusar route is that the Babusar top remains snowed shut throughout the winters. Last time I heard some minister had proposed making a tunnel under the pass, let's see what happens. The only other two routes apart from these two are the Chitral and the AJK routes, which both are far longer than the KKH. This summer Nawaz was there a couple days before I reached to inaugurate the tunnel which would help connect AJK with Astore via Rattu and Shounter. Reportedly, the tenders for the expansion of the main AJK road have also been finalized. This road is a mess beyond Keran. Don't even ask about the state of the Chitral route, there is barely a jeapable track which takes you Shandur. Besides these 4 routes there isn't any other possible route to be established.

The last time went via Babusar was in July of 2014. Back then there was only a dirt track from Lulusar till you reached Babusar. How much more has it been built since then?

Lala that other route is the Babusar route. It's the one that will cut the times, since it pretty much goes directly north and joins the KKH an hour or so ahead of Chillas rather than circling around the Kaghan valley going through Bhesham, Dassu and the whole of Kohistan which the classical KKH route does. I predicted this route being developed back in 2009/2010 (I believe on this forum too). The only problem with the Babusar route is that the Babusar top remains snowed shut throughout the winters. Last time I heard some minister had proposed making a tunnel under the pass, let's see what happens. The only other two routes apart from these two are the Chitral and the AJK routes, which both are far longer than the KKH. This summer Nawaz was there a couple days before I reached to inaugurate the tunnel which would help connect AJK with Astore via Rattu and Shounter. Reportedly, the tenders for the expansion of the main AJK road have also been finalized. This road is a mess beyond Keran. Don't even ask about the state of the Chitral route, there is barely a jeapable track which takes you Shandur. Besides these 4 routes there isn't any other possible route to be established.

The last time went via Babusar was in July of 2014. Back then there was only a dirt track from Lulusar till you reached Babusar. How much more has it been built since then?

Let me find the news and share..

babusar top is still not carpeted, you can say about 3 km track is left, else all is carpeted, any car can reach.

Let me find the news and share..

babusar top is still not carpeted, you can say about 3 km track is left, else all is carpeted, any car can reach.

Hmmm.....I clearly remember the pass being carpeted and the descent into the Chillas district on the other side as well, the climb to the pass from the Kaghan side wasn't though.

Back
Top Bottom