What's new

The Ten Best Survival Guns (pistols)

Maarkhoor

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
These firearms are not listed in any particular order, and the order doesn’t indicate relative value or quality. Watch the video reviews below of these survival guns to get a more detailed understanding of what each has to offer.

1 – Glock 17 – 9mm (17 rds)
2 – Glock 41 – .45 ACP (13 rds)
3 – Springfield Armory XD9 – 9mm (16 rds)
4 – Springfield Armory XD-M – .45 ACP (13 rds)
5 – Beretta Model 92FS – 9mm (15rds)
6 – Sig Sauer P320 – .45 ACP (10 rds)

7 – Sig Sauer P226 – 9mm (15 rds)
8 – Smith and Wesson Model 629 – .44 Magnum (6 rds)
9 – Ruger Single Ten – .22LR (10 rds)
10 – Ruger Super Blackhawk – .44 Magnum (6rds)
That’s ten. And here’s a runner-up:

11 – Smith and Wesson Model 686 – .357 Magnum (6 rds) – (if you absolutely must have to have a .357 Magnum)
One caveat I do want to stress as you read this. I made this list practical for the average survivalist – which means there are no custom $3500 Les Baer 1911s on my list.

There are some great 1911s out there, like Colt, Kimber, Rock Island Armory and Ruger to name a few. However, I wanted a list of weapons the majority of people can afford while having the same utility as the more expensive alternatives.

Although the 1911s are a tried and true design with excellent ergonomics, reliability, recoil management, with precision sights and accuracy, they are also typically restricted to ten or fewer round magazines.

They also tend to be made of old school, heavy metal – pretty beefy to be carrying around in a survival situation when there are quality-made, light-weight composite-rich alternatives.

So to wrap this up:

The real choice in the best survival gun is not which one, but which two.

Carrying one survival gun for capacity and one survival gun for sheer power makes for a winning combination.

@Burhan Wani @Zarvan @Khafee

11 – Smith and Wesson Model 686 – .357 Magnum (6 rds) – (if you absolutely must have to have a .357 Magnum)
One caveat I do want to stress as you read this. I made this list practical for the average survivalist – which means there are no custom $3500 Les Baer 1911s on my list.

There are some great 1911s out there, like Colt, Kimber, Rock Island Armory and Ruger to name a few. However, I wanted a list of weapons the majority of people can afford while having the same utility as the more expensive alternatives.

Although the 1911s are a tried and true design with excellent ergonomics, reliability, recoil management, with precision sights and accuracy, they are also typically restricted to ten or fewer round magazines.

They also tend to be made of old school, heavy metal – pretty beefy to be carrying around in a survival situation when there are quality-made, light-weight composite-rich alternatives.

So to wrap this up:

Carrying one survival gun for capacity and one survival gun for sheer power makes for a winning combination.

One Revolver, and one 10mm, with the right rounds.

hammer of thor bullet.jpg

https://www.lehighdefense.com/collections/bullets/xtreme-penetrator+handgun

Depending on what you are surviving against (A zombie apocalypse or viral outbreak) it's different to hit a zombie (Presuming you need to do head shot) or human (for which you need large calibre)

As a former soldier and have some degree of SF training, I always have 3 pistols in my locker everywhere I go.

Glock 22 .40S&W - Choose this instead of Glock 17 because it was used by NSW police force so in case of emergency, I can find and locate spare ammo quickly (I know where all the police station are but I won't know where all the gun dealer located)

SIG P226 - My go to 9mm platform I have been drilled and trained every which way so I know how to take it apart even when I was blindfolded.

Colt Python 357 - My backup gun, revolver never jam, and its 357 magnum bullet means hellvua stopping power, it will stop anyone (Human, not Zombie) cold as long as I hit it on their torso. Easy to get spare ammo too rather than any 44 Mag (like M29 or so on because they were banned in Australia....)

I have the exact 3 in Australia and the US (with a large arsenal of weapon...) and I have Glock 17 and S&W 686 instead of Glock 22 and Python because the Swedish Cop uses Glock 17 and I cannot find a single Python in Sweden....

No mention of FNX 45, CZ duty and 1911 ! Surprised

So to wrap this up:

Brother this is old list.
Cz75 is on the top.

What is a "survival" gun? Self defence? Yes! but no gun ever helps in survival. (before you counter me, understand the difference between self defence and survival)

These firearms are not listed in any particular order, and the order doesn’t indicate relative value or quality. Watch the video reviews below of these survival guns to get a more detailed understanding of what each has to offer.

1 – Glock 17 – 9mm (17 rds)
2 – Glock 41 – .45 ACP (13 rds)
3 – Springfield Armory XD9 – 9mm (16 rds)
4 – Springfield Armory XD-M – .45 ACP (13 rds)
5 – Beretta Model 92FS – 9mm (15rds)
6 – Sig Sauer P320 – .45 ACP (10 rds)

You are already all prepared up Sir .

Depending on what you are surviving against (A zombie apocalypse or viral outbreak) it's different to hit a zombie (Presuming you need to do head shot) or human (for which you need large calibre)

As a former soldier and have some degree of SF training, I always have 3 pistols in my locker everywhere I go.

Glock 22 .40S&W - Choose this instead of Glock 17 because it was used by NSW police force so in case of emergency, I can find and locate spare ammo quickly (I know where all the police station are but I won't know where all the gun dealer located)

SIG P226 - My go to 9mm platform I have been drilled and trained every which way so I know how to take it apart even when I was blindfolded.

Colt Python 357 - My backup gun, revolver never jam, and its 357 magnum bullet means hellvua stopping power, it will stop anyone (Human, not Zombie) cold as long as I hit it on their torso. Easy to get spare ammo too rather than any 44 Mag (like M29 or so on because they were banned in Australia....)

I have the exact 3 in Australia and the US (with a large arsenal of weapon...) and I have Glock 17 and S&W 686 instead of Glock 22 and Python because the Swedish Cop uses Glock 17 and I cannot find a single Python in Sweden....

I am looking to buy a low price gun as well. Suggestion? But PLEASE do not make me spend a lot :D
Sasta wala kaam btao (but better than dara :P)

@Dazzler @Irfan Baloch @TaimiKhan and all others? :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom