What's new

The Tejas fighter’s role in war

If the LCA is so good does the IAF still need the Rafale?

LCA does not have the range nor the payload capacity of the Rafale. And in the present scenario Indian planners need an MMRCA to take on the role of MiG 27s and Jaguars which are relics still serving in our airforce. LCA cannot fill in the gaps of these fighters. It is primarily an interceptor with secondary ground attack capability so it is no where comparable to the Rafale and can never fit in it's shoes.

Wooow... whole country need to think on your suggestion. Should I come to thank you in person or a thank over here would do?

On topic, you don't have a relevant answer to the message I put above.. do you?

Oh you may thank me,no problem.And may be you should think about this ' A country of 180 million have survived for more than 60 years but is yet to design a basic trainer on its own'

Many milestones are already completed-IFR probe is already integrated,new quartz radome is on its way.FOC would be by 2015,It would be very potent.

:yahoo::sarcastic::dance3::omghaha::sarcastic:

somebody show this writer this "news" coming from their own country.

The (superir to F-16) Tejas fighter will have to cross six milestones in the next 15 months, before the aircraft is given the final operational clearance (FOC). Mighty Tejas is not even ready to integrate a GUN and be able to see beyond "45-50KM".

Tejas Needs to Cross 6 Milestones in 15 Months

On topic, you don't have a relevant answer to the message I put above.. do you?
What answer do you want, Yes it will get FOC next year by clearing all those milestones. And after that, it will kick the *** of all PAF fighter jet except F16 Block C/D.
Read the underlined part in Post. :butcher::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:

be able to see beyond "45-50KM"
Your pointing on Bvr Since you don get this hal Lca already had capability to fire R-73 R77 russian Missile versions But Hal wants too integrate Derby and Python BVR as main BVR missiles that they get from Israel have Different Data Link. Show me Video proof of integration of your so called Sd-10 BVR in your Jf-17 thunder:coffee::nono:

You may not know but Pakistanis are more happy for India having Tejas than Indians are. Trust me, no pun here.
Thanks buddy, I never knew any pakistani would be happy for Indian achievement, Please do celebrate also for this and have some sweets.:yahoo::yahoo:
(no pun)

The thread starter is bang on correct about the TEJAS role in the IAF.

low cost to buy
Large nos potentially to balance their high end expensive fighters like su30mki /rafale
And used primarily over indian air space or the loc or borders areas.

For those challenging the Tejas capability i ask the the following

How many PAF fighter have a unstable designed qudruplex FCS with heavey comopsite airframe

How many PAF fighters carry the israeli supplied listening pods and israeli supplued Derby/python5 air air missle mix

Which PAF fighter carrys a full HMS System like the indian copied dash 5 elbit on the tejas

which PAF fighter has a ew suite like mayvi with built in RWR AND MAWS..

The lesson is clear before judge the book look inside see whats there.

The TEJAS is streets ahead then 90% of the current PAF inventory and indeed the IAF mig/jag fleets too.

Send it up, we'll wait. ;)
hey buddy, let me tell u an instance when we sent an aircraft in pakistani airspace, PAf was waiting 4 us but couldnt do shit when it encountered the IAF aircraft, here it goes
"
In May 1997, an Indian Air Force Mikoyan MiG-25RB reconnaissance aircraft created a furor when the pilot flew faster than Mach 2 over Pakistani territory following a reconnaissance mission into Pakistan airspace.[51] The MiG-25 broke the sound barrier while flying at an altitude of around 65,000 feet, otherwise the mission would have remained covert, at least to the general public. The Pakistan Government considered the breaking of the sound barrier was deliberate to make the point that the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) had no aircraft in its inventory which can come close to the MiG-25's cruising altitude (up to 74,000 feet). India denied the incident but Pakistan's Foreign Minister, Gohar Ayub Khan, believed that the Foxbat photographed strategic installations near the capital, Islamabad.
"
now u are again saying that u will wait:omghaha::yahoo::dance3:

You may not know but Pakistanis are more happy for India having Tejas than Indians are. Trust me, no pun here.
were pakistanis happy when we inducted agni 5, k-15, INS Arihant, INS Vikrant and INS Vikramaditya into our arsenal?

LCA Tejas is already better than JF-17.But for competing against F-16 we must wait for FOC.Tejas is a good aircraft no doubt.

Tejas will run out of gas at the 'merge' ;)

That small LCA gives us enough base for aircraft manufacturing.BVRAM carrier JF-17 is very different than LCA. After BVRAM launching JF-17 become sitting duck and Tejus will shoot run out the gas from the belly of so called mighty JF-17.:lol:When FOC is completed Tejus combat radius will considrebly increase.

Do not worry, Tejas has enough gas to counter PAK.
PAK is nothing but Bla..bla..shit..Only F16 can challenge tejas.:whistle::drag:

Time for high school.

@sreekumar

Its good industrial experiance for India. After FOC it still would need time to mature. I'm just amused at the 'overblown' capability analysis by Indian folks.

You still have a small a/c with one of the world's most powerful/gas guzzler engine. Even with IFR it would have to carry EFTs, compromising its performance.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom