What's new

The Taliban will ‘never be defeated’

Status
Not open for further replies.
British dxgs want to return Asia [Pakistan, India, Sri-Lanka, Nepal, Bangladesh, Malaysia, Brunei, Singapore, China (Tibet / Hong Kong)] for imperalism again?

No way :chilli:

Come on brother, lets not stray from the topic.......................We all know the age of imperialism has passed...........at this moment we are all on one side............:cheers:

Come on brother, lets not stray from the topic.......................We all know the age of imperialism has passed...........at this moment we are all on one side............:cheers:

NATO / USA invaded Afghanistan not for anti-terrorism and democracy! (Even though Al Qaeda is definitely terrorist group!)

They only want to return Asia for their White World / Western domination! But their conspiracy will bankrupt!

Democracy is a modified tool of imperialism, UK and US have no natural resources left , they are hungry again for oil and gas and wanted to regain control of key sea and land trade routes.

Democracy is a modified tool of imperialism, UK and US have no natural resources left , they are hungry again for oil and gas and wanted to regain control of key sea and land trade routes.

If you had said that when Iraq was under U.S control, i would have definitely agreed with you, but Afghanistan has no significant reserves of any natural resources, their are claims of the mountains being rich in precious metals but it remains to be proven.

If you had said that when Iraq was under U.S control, i would have definitely agreed with you, but Afghanistan has no significant reserves of any natural resources, their are claims of the mountains being rich in precious metals but it remains to be proven.

WHY IS AFGHANISTAN SO IMPORTANT?
John Foster, Toronto Star - A glance at a map and a little knowledge of the region suggest that the real reasons for Western military involvement may be largely hidden.

Afghanistan is adjacent to Middle Eastern countries that are rich in oil and natural gas. And though Afghanistan may have little petroleum itself, it borders both Iran and Turkmenistan, countries with the second and third largest natural gas reserves in the world. (Russia is first.)

Turkmenistan is the country nobody talks about. Its huge reserves of natural gas can only get to market through pipelines. Until 1991, it was part of the Soviet Union and its gas flowed only north through Soviet pipelines. Now the Russians plan a new pipeline north. The Chinese are building a new pipeline east. The U.S. is pushing for "multiple oil and gas export routes." High-level Russian, Chinese and American delegations visit Turkmenistan frequently to discuss energy. The U.S. even has a special envoy for Eurasian energy diplomacy.

Rivalry for pipeline routes and energy resources reflects competition for power and control in the region. Pipelines are important today in the same way that railway building was important in the 19th century. They connect trading partners and influence the regional balance of power. Afghanistan is a strategic piece of real estate in the geopolitical struggle for power and dominance in the region.

Since the 1990s, Washington has promoted a natural gas pipeline south through Afghanistan. The route would pass through Kandahar province. In 2007, Richard Boucher, U.S. assistant secretary of state, said: "One of our goals is to stabilize Afghanistan," and to link South and Central Asia "so that energy can flow to the south." Oil and gas have motivated U.S. involvement in the Middle East for decades. Unwittingly or willingly, Canadian forces are supporting American goals.

The proposed pipeline is called TAPI, after the initials of the four participating countries (Turkmenistan, Afghanistan, Pakistan and India). Eleven high-level planning meetings have been held during the past seven years, with Asian Development Bank sponsorship and multilateral support (including Canada's). Construction is planned to start next year. . .

Ukraine is the main gateway for gas from Russia to Europe. The United States has pushed for alternate pipelines and encouraged European countries to diversify their sources of supply. Recently built pipelines for oil and gas originate in Azerbaijan and extend through Georgia to Turkey. They are the jewels in the crown of U.S. strategy to bypass Russia and Iran.

The rivalry continues with plans for new gas pipelines to Europe from Russia and the Caspian region. . . Meanwhile, Iran is planning a pipeline to deliver gas east to Pakistan and India. Pakistan has agreed in principle, but India has yet to do so. It's an alternative to the long-planned, U.S.-supported pipeline from Turkmenistan through Afghanistan to Pakistan and India.

A very big game is underway, with geopolitics intruding everywhere. U.S. journalist Steven LeVine describes American policy in the region as "pipeline-driven." Other countries are pushing for pipeline routes, too. . .

John Foster is an energy economist and author of "A Pipeline Through A Troubled Land - Afghanistan, Canada, and the New Great Energy Game," published by the Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives.
UNDERNEWS: WHY IS AFGHANISTAN SO IMPORTANT?

Oil and gas have motivated U.S. involvement in the Middle East for decades.
Should be..."Oil and gas have motivated GLOBAL involvement in the Middle East for decades."

First it was the US invaded Iraq 'for oil'. Then when the current Iraqi government honored what Saddam Hussein promised Russia and China, now the US is in Afghanistan 'for oil'.

You guys need to make up your minds.

WHY IS AFGHANISTAN SO IMPORTANT?

The proposed pipeline is called TAPI, after the initials of the four participating countries (Turkmenistan, Afghanistan, Pakistan and India).

India cannot decide on a safer route thru Pakistan but now it will go for a route thru Pakistan and Afghanistan.

. Construction is planned to start next year. . .

Oh yes just in time for my Coronation as King of England. Wonder who planned it?

Ukraine is the main gateway for gas from Russia to Europe. The United States has pushed for alternate pipelines and encouraged European countries to diversify their sources of supply. Recently built pipelines for oil and gas originate in Azerbaijan and extend through Georgia to Turkey. They are the jewels in the crown of U.S. strategy to bypass Russia and Iran.

The have already completed it and don't need any more. If they want cheap oil better de stabilize some countries in South America.

Meanwhile, Iran is planning a pipeline to deliver gas east to Pakistan and India. Pakistan has agreed in principle, but India has yet to do so.
It's an alternative to the long-planned, U.S.-supported pipeline from Turkmenistan through Afghanistan to Pakistan and India.

Sure India will bring the pipline till pakistan and then make it fly over the mountains without touching pakistani soil as an alternative to getting it from Iran.

A very big game is underway, with geopolitics intruding everywhere. U.S. journalist Steven LeVine describes American policy in the region as "pipeline-driven." Other countries are pushing for pipeline routes, too. . .

John Foster is an energy economist and author of "A Pipeline Through A Troubled Land - Afghanistan, Canada, and the New Great Energy Game," published by the Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives.
UNDERNEWS: WHY IS AFGHANISTAN SO IMPORTANT?

Good if it floats your boat that you dug up an article which in August 2009 predicted this year the pipline construction will start.

Now Mr. smarty pants does it cross your mind that Afghanistan has no oil so its in their benefit if

1. An oil pipline is built from Turkmanistan as it will give them cheap oil.
2. It will give jobs.
3. Will get valuable transit fees with no one making them pay for it.

Regards

i only support taliban because they are hope in pakistan's salvation, by which i mean that the mess which the colation forces nato and americans are spreading, taliban are the only way to stop them and kick them out because the pakistani govt and the amry consider these snakes as friends

Good if it floats your boat that you dug up an article which in August 2009 predicted this year the pipline construction will start.

Now Mr. smarty pants does it cross your mind that Afghanistan has no oil so its in their benefit if

1. An oil pipline is built from Turkmanistan as it will give them cheap oil.
2. It will give jobs.
3. Will get valuable transit fees with no one making them pay for it.

Regards

Because Russia and Iran, both are World larger petroleum production states, block the main route to petroleum fields of Central Asia, Afghanistan is the break point to this blockage. (Taliban and Western are ally before 911, Pakistan must keep good relationship with Western.)

USA wants to control Afghanistan as soon as possible, so she find an excuse to invade Afghanistan.

i only support taliban because they are hope in pakistan's salvation, by which i mean that the mess which the colation forces nato and americans are spreading, taliban are the only way to stop them and kick them out because the pakistani govt and the amry consider these snakes as friends

And your good reason for hating them ????????

Personnely, i think Afgan talibans="Army of MAHADI" !;)

I don't understand why one would support Taliban? They are only evil and nothing to do with Islam. Without them, Afghanistan would not be the place it is now.

And I doubt a band of drug dealers can be called as "Army of Mahdi".

I m 100% sure that most of the fighters there are for drug rather then their belief in Islam. If you look at the things they commit, you would easily see that anyway.

There is an urdu saying that fits perfectly on my friends who support these terrorist:
"Door kay dhol suhane"(The drum sounds most melodious from afar)
You will notice that practically no one from Afghanistan supports these daemons, then when you move into Pakistan, you have a fraction of population which is sympathetic to the Taliban but people of Pakistani origin in europe, the americas and the middle east support these guys........................If you seriously have such a problem with the "Crusaders" than stop living in western countries and go help the Taliban.........:cheesy:

Buddy, you live in England and you hate the English at the same time...........so either you are a hypocrite or you are there on some covert-operation for the Talibs, which one is it..........I have a hunch it's option 1.....................

Because Russia and Iran, both are World larger petroleum production states, block the main route to petroleum fields of Central Asia, Afghanistan is the break point to this blockage. (Taliban and Western are ally before 911, Pakistan must keep good relationship with Western.)

USA wants to control Afghanistan as soon as possible, so she find an excuse to invade Afghanistan.

You seem either to be a moron or your Chinese masters do not coach you properly. Did you read the article?

It talks about a pipline called TAPI sponsored by USA which benefits Afghanistan by way of cheap oil from Turkmenistan which is nearer than Russia. The Transit fees and development it will bring Afghanistan, puctures your balloon since there is no oil to loot for the US. Yes it may deprive GOP off some transit fees if the pipeline from Iran went through only Pakistan but both pipelines are presently non starters. I don't think china is funding barbaric regimes in Africa for fun.

Your stand exposes your lie and that of Fundamentalist that you want the afghans to benefit.

:yahoo:

Chinies and Russians hate imperialism and unlateralism of US , dont you know?

Enemy of enemy is my friend.
Your logic is flawed buddy. Russia is not Communist anymore and China is only Communist in governance not ideologically. There is no more 'imperialism is th evil' there. Moreover, Russia and China both have their own worries of Chechen and Uyighur militant organizations being trained by Taliban potentially in future.

Please educate yourself a bit more on international politics and strategy. It is connected to practicality and feasability; not based on fancy words of religious scholars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom