What's new

The Swat deal is wrong

Just calling Shaira "taliban Sharia" was a put-off for me. I did not read the rest of the article. These people were under "Islamic Sharia" till 1974, if it has been restored than that too is good. If you are a Muslim you will agree. I do not understand why people are portraying Sharia law as some devil's code and inhuman. If you think likewise, you should denounce Islam immediately.

And to me if the people of Swat want it, if the civilian deaths will stop, if the taliban campaign wil stop, if our brave army men will no longer have to fight someone else's proxy war. Then this is the best thing that has happened to Pakistan in a decade.

COMMENT: The Swat deal amounts to the opening of a Pandora’s Box: where will it stop? The other chapters of the Taliban are only waiting to ask for their own ‘Islamic’ government. Is this the beginning of the real Talibanisation of the NWFP?

First, thanks for posting this article.

The bucks stops here. Peace deal is not extended to other Taliban groups.

An example is Bajur where Taliban sought a similar deal before losing grounds.

NWFP is not as backward as people think. Pushtoons are great Muslims and majority doesn't believe in Taliban etc and a proof is the election of ANP.

Federal govt allowed this deal to take place so that they can score points before the Sharif brothers' fiasco.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom