What's new

The Super Poor India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pakistan should use Vedic math to calculate their GDP.
b3b8ae597aaa33fdaa3c69a2f2d8a841.jpg

Why exactly are you comparing looks ? Do you make money from selling your body ?
we are so poor so we are no1 country is Asia to reach mars.We are so poor that we snatch away Bangladesh from Pakistan.We are so poor that Pakistan depends on aid but not us .U may say poor but not beggers like u ..

Last edited:
Its good to be poor then a begger who loves to beg like(?) u know to whom i mean...

An indian poor man is just like a middle class pakistani.so a indian middle class man would be very rich man .so i don't care

This is no1 forum in the world in troll.so congrats to all....and we discuss smoothly at our forums and here we make mixture.

India is super poor but it is also super rich.. The issue is such stark contrast is not seen anywhere else in the world imo.. Abject poverty existing right along side stupendous vanity.. India is a paradox

India is super poor but it is also super rich.. The issue is such stark contrast is not seen anywhere else in the world imo.. Abject poverty existing right along side stupendous vanity.. India is a paradox

The situation is not so grim as you think. Our poverty has substantially reduced in last few years. Do you know our GDP in PPP has increased to 7.7 TR USD from 4.5 Tr USD since 2011. Look what World bank has to say about poverty of India.

India's poor may shrink 75% by new World Bank formula | Business Standard News

The situation is not so grim as you think. Our poverty has substantially reduced in last few years. Do you know our GDP in PPP has increased to 7.7 TR USD from 4.5 Tr USD since 2011. Look what World bank has to say about poverty of India.

India's poor may shrink 75% by new World Bank formula | Business Standard News

I'm not talking about stats, nor am i disputing them.. But from first hand experience as a visitor, Numerous times at that.. Yes there seems to be a lot visible development but also no apparent decrease in abject poverty and human misery you see on Indian cities and country side

That why i say India is a paradox.. A rich country with some very poor people

I'm not talking about stats, nor am i disputing them.. But from first hand experience as a visitor, Numerous times at that.. Yes there seems to be a lot visible development but also no apparent decrease in abject poverty and human misery you see on Indian cities and country side

That why i say India is a paradox.. A rich country with some very poor people

Your paradox statement is correct but you shall not get the correct picture of India when you travel to cities like Bombay. They are extremely dense cities where the space is a problem. You shall see lots of temporary structures on road side giving an impression that they are very poor but if you go inside you shall find the items like TV and expensive mobiles with them.

India Gini Index: 33.6

Sri Lanka Gini Index: 36.4

Australia Gini Index: 68.4

I hope you have understanding of the meaning of these Indices.

Your paradox statement is correct but you shall not get the correct picture of India when you travel to cities like Bombay. They are extremely dense cities where the space is a problem. You shall see lots of temporary structures on road side giving an impression that they are very poor but if you go inside you shall find the items like TV and expensive mobiles with them.

Yes,something that many dont know.Many of those slums in Mumbai have TV's,AC's,fridge etc.Some slums are even 3-4 storey.Only thing they lack is sanitation facilities due to lack of space

Maybe some cities in India have life comparable to Pakistan, but most areas of India are comparable to even the worst areas of Sub Saharan Africa and that's a truth.

Even Somalian can pose in front of a 5 star hotel in Mogadishu and claim their country is developed.

Come out of paleolithic age, world is now in 21st century.
Go checkout the best mall, airport, railway station and other constructions and post here, we might be able to show you better infra structure in Tier - II cities compared to the best that you show.

Last edited:
India Gini Index: 33.6

Sri Lanka Gini Index: 36.4

Australia Gini Index: 68.4

I hope you have understanding of the meaning of these Indices.

It's silly to compare Gini coefficient points of countries that has vastly superior per Capita incomes.. Because Gini co efficient is a relative measure not absolute also demographics comes in to the pic.. Australia is a developed nation with low fertility rates and a aging population, Sri Lanka too suffers from first world demographic issues such as mentioned because of it's impressive HDI standards akin to developed nations.. While India has high birth rates and mortality rates

For your reference..

Australia per capita income.. $ 67,463

Sri Lanka per capita income.. $ 3279

India per capita income.. $ 1497.. All according to WB stats (2014)

Btw both Bangladesh (per capita income of $1,693) and the Netherlands (per capita income of $42,183) had an income Gini index of 0.31 in 2010 (Gini can also be calculated from 0 to 100 or 0 to 1).. So really it is you who need to understand what exactly some of these indexes mean without face value

I'm not just talking about inner cities i have traveled in India quite extensively over the years.. And it's just not about slums but rural India as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom