What's new

The Steve Jobs of Pakistan joins hands with PTI

I am impressed... PTI is now most likely to win election! I hope elections are early!

seems like the cream MQM had just after its formation,like azeem tariq etc, just that tariq was a banker, and musharraf making shauqat aziz PM

Pakistan has never had any dearth of Talent. What we really need from these talented people is sincerity and ability to lead. On the other hand , if the priority for these highly talented people remained linming their own pockets with ill-gotten wealth then all this talent would be futile.

EX Engro CEO Asad Umar joins PTI

522070_10150690316279527_151626539526_9276903_548131046_n.jpg

Islamabad: Former President of fertiliser-to-food conglomerate, Engro Corporation Asad Umar has joined the Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf (PTI).He announced his decision during a press conference flanked by PTI Chairman Imran Khan on Wednesday.Asad had taken early retirement on Monday after more than 27 years with Engro.A graduate of IBA of the batch of 1984, Asad joined Exxon Chemical Pakistan in February 1985 and rose to the rank of President and CEO of Engro in 2004.Umar had dramatically transformed a chemical company into a major Pakistani conglomerate.

EX Engro CEO Asad Umar joins PTI | The News Tribe

All, I can say is good luck and may Parmatma's and his Late Mothers blessing be with him so that he can be your next PM. He is very passionate about the mission of reforming the system from grounds up and my prayers and blessings are with him as well.

Long Live Asad Umar and his sane brain.

I am amazed at how this revolution has managed to stir people from all segments of society. We also should have got amir muqam and marvi memon. These were good people who proved they wished to do popular politics and joined PML-N.

Imran Khan has really stirred the non-voting Pakistanis into action. He is great!

well i am happy Imran khan stopped taking the old faces n old politicians PTI need such new joining which could bring more youth towards PTI and about asad omer he is one of hero's of corporate sectors and icon for our youth .. better then matric fail traditional Dhagaz of PML N and PPP

engro group in future will be competing nestle in pakistan and i am happy to see some pakistani company growing on national and international scale :smitten:

This was much speculated and it looks like the "parhay likhay" tycoons are more siding with PTI than some other parties political propaganda.!

and why is that, are you OK?
Dear,
For example!
We all knows, javeed miandad was a great player! But still can anyone let him play?
Same goes for Dr, he was, he is not!
We will remember him, for sure but, he can't be in politics, pakistans national security would be at risk!

This is Asad Umar's profile.

Asad Umar is the President of Engro Corporation Limited since January 2004, the Chairman of all Engro subsidiaries and joint ventures.

He was also the first President of Engro Polymer and Chemicals Limited. a joint venture of Engro and Mitsubishi Corporation.

During his years at Engro, Mr. Umar has worked in all major divisions, namely Finance, Manufacturing, New Ventures and Marketing.

Aside from working with the Company in Pakistan, he has also worked on assignment with Exxon Chemical in Canada.

Mr. Umar is the Chairman of Pakistan Chemical and Energy Sector Skill Development Company, and member on the Boards of Pakistan Business Council,
Karachi Education Initiative, Pakistan Institute of Corporate Governance, State Bank of Pakistan, and Trustee of Lahore University of Management Sciences.

Mr. Umar has previously served as Director of Oil and Gas Development Company Limited, Karachi Stock Exchange, Pakistan Centre for Philanthropy,
Pakistan State Oil and Port Qasim Authority.
He also served as Chair of Young Presidents' Organisation, Pakistan Chapter.

Mr. Umar started his career with HSBC Pakistan and joined Exxon Chemical Pakistan Limited, later Engro Chemical Pakistan Limited
now Engro Corporation Limited, in 1985.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom