What's new

The Sound of Ancient Languages. You Haven't Seen Anything Like This Before!

This was certainly intriguing... The animations were hopeless though.

good thing no one speaks it
Mix it with Tamil and it sounds like a maths teacher is scolding you.

Geometry mein biology kahan se aa gaya. Suprabhatam.
You are the number one idiot of this class. Suprabhatam.
Get your parents to school tomorrow. Suprabhatam.
Tum hamesha duffer hi rahoge. Suprabhatam.
Get of my class now. Suprabhatam.

@Drexluddin Khan Spiveyzai you will get some idea.

Mix it with Tamil and it sounds like a maths teacher is scolding you.

Geometry mein biology kahan se aa gaya. Suprabhatam.
You are the number one idiot of this class. Suprabhatam.
Get your parents to school tomorrow. Suprabhatam.
Tum hamesha duffer hi rahoge. Suprabhatam.
Get of my class now. Suprabhatam.

@Drexluddin Khan Spiveyzai you will get some idea.
Just for context, Suprabhatam is 'Good Morning'.

Not sure if it gives an Australian accent vibe but it definitely resembles German.
Yeah, the german bit was spot on. It only sounds Australian at some points but otherwise can't make out any known accent. So, prolly plain old american accent
:lol:

However, isn't this a lost language? How on earth have they given a voice to it
I think I read somewhere that they found some fossils that showed the shaped of the jaws etc of these early peoples and that's how they modeled how air would have moved inside their mouths to synthesize the sounds, based on data they already have from present day of how what movements cause which sounds. Not sure.

@_NOBODY_ might know more. He's interested in this kinda stuff. I am too but my day only has 24 hours unlike his. :D
I never can find time for these things. What's worse is he is also a dev like I am. Wonder where you find the time. @_NOBODY_

Not sure if it gives an Australian accent vibe but it definitely resembles German.

However, isn't this a lost language? How on earth have they given a voice to it
It sounds more like a fusion of Russian and Balkan languages with a bit of Iberian flair(Spanish & Portuguese). As someone who studied a little bit of German, this doesn't sound like German to me.

Yeah, the german bit was spot on. It only sounds Australian at some points but otherwise can't make out any known accent. So, prolly plain old american accent
:lol:

I think I read somewhere that they found some fossils that showed the shaped of the jaws etc of these early peoples and that's how they modeled how air would have moved inside their mouths to synthesize the sounds, based on data they already have from present day of how what movements cause which sounds. Not sure.

@_NOBODY_ might know more. He's interested in this kinda stuff. I am too but my day only has 24 hours unlike his. :D
I never can find time for these things. What's worse is he is also a dev like I am. Wonder where you find the time. @_NOBODY_
One must create time for things one is passionate about. Plus, I wish to pursue data science so it is essential to know other fields so I can use data science in those fields. Data Science can be used in fields such as history, archaeology, anthropology, paleontology, ethnology etc. However, at the moment, I have little to no interest in using data science in these fields.

The evolution of languages is not an area that I pay a lot of attention to so it would be inappropriate for me to comment on that. Perhaps @ThunderCat can shed some light on this topic.

Back
Top Bottom