What's new

The Slaughter of Foreigners in a Restaurant in Kabul Exposes Dangers of Nightlife in a Warzone

pakistani342

Reaction score
Country
United States
Professor Brian Glyn Williams (is Professor of Islamic History at the University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth and author of The Last Warlord.) summarizes the mood in Afghanistan well in this post here on the Huffington Post:

I believe the bombing is also a metaphor for the whole house of cards we have built in Afghanistan with American tax payer

What a fucking waste.

longer excerpt below:

I can imagine the ripple of fear that has surely coursed through Kabul's expat community as the news of this unprecedented assault on their world spread. Sadly, I believe the terrorist outrage against this brave band of foreign civilians who traveled from their safe homes to rebuild war-torn Afghanistan presages future attacks on the safety bubble of Kabul. As U.S. troops are coming home in waves, ending America's longest war, the Taliban insurgents are becoming emboldened and moving closer to the capital. I believe the bombing is also a metaphor for the whole house of cards we have built in Afghanistan with American tax payer dollars and blood. It remains to be seen whether the democratic Afghanistan which we have built in the sands of Central Asia will, like the Taverna du Liban, be destroyed when we withdraw our final troops later this year.

It's the folly of the Americans that they think Afghanistan, Pakistan and India can be cvilized.

They can never be.

They are proud of their ignorance, wallow in it.

Leave them to kill each other, they will soon start b!tching about how much America didn't do enough to prevent future massacres.

I'm sorry, I'm still at a loss but I guess my main concern was if there was a typo or other error. Thanks!

I think he thinks a westerner is unworthy to study Islamic history.

I think he thinks a westerner is unworthy to study Islamic history.

hmmmm, really ?? hmmm, hey I guess the idiot is me then.

Leave them to kill each other, they will soon start b!tching about how much America didn't do enough to prevent future massacres.

I would object to the above -- I think the West has really tried -- it is the Afghan's whose moment this was and they have squandered it.

Their moment in history amounted to the suite cases of cash that left the International Airport in Kabul and is now stashed in Dubai and the banks in the mountains of Switzerland.

Last edited:

I would object to the above -- I think the West has really tried -- it is the Afghan's whose moment this was and they have squandered it.

Their moment in history amounted to the suite cases of cash that left the International Airport in Kabul and is now stashed in Dubai and the banks in the mountains of Switzerland.

I agree.

Well at least certainly more than a foreign power will.

But then every problem our region has had a 'foreign' hand in it.

No accountability, no responsibility. Just blame the west.

@pakistani342

The whole region laments the immoral west but is ready to hop the next plane to London, New York or Berlin.

I have no time for hypocrites. Incompetent, hypocritical hypocrites at that.

Back
Top Bottom