What's new

The Skeleton Lake of the Himalayas

So what is your assumption?Any theory in your idea.
If I was so smart I would not be sitting here and giving gyaan to freshers.:)

May be they were on a pilgrimage and they were attacked and method of killing ofcourse must been by using a blunt object.Is that a possibility??

If I was so smart I would not be sitting here and giving gyaan to freshers.:)

May be they were on a pilgrimage and they were attacked and method of killing ofcourse must been by using a blunt object.Is that a possibility??
Roopkund - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

upload_2014-1-2_21-19-28.jpeg

Roopkund geography may give you some picture.
I think hailstorm has a chance.Any idea?

Roopkund - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

View attachment 12862

Roopkund geography may give you some picture.
I think hailstorm has a chance.Any idea?

I concur what you're pointing at.But what were so many ppl doing up there???
That place is definitely not habitable.
Okay for the time being I go by your theory.
'Coz you might have struck gold with it,look at this piece of news
Worst hailstorm disaster - death toll

So yes if death of 246ppl in one go is possible then the roopkund mystery has been solved.
But why dont the scientists compare the corpse and skeletons found in roopkund with skeletons of ppl who died in hailstorm recently???

What's up with this thread, people wishing Happy New Year and talking about games in an ancient burial site thread. :what:

There were two groups who died near RoopKund on circa 850AD. One was a group of Pilgrims,and the other of local people most possibly the camp bearers. family members of a Kokanastha brahmin family of maharashtra

What were they doing there? Well,RoopKund falls on the way to NandaDevi Shrine. It is believed that around this time RK might have been a very popular pilgrimage site.

Analysis of skulls revealed that they were hit by a round shaped ,concrete balls which severely fractured the back of the skulls.As hailstorm is a very common phenomenon in this region,so most possibly these poor fated pilgrims died of a hailstorm after losing their way in this zigzagged mountainous region(Researchers have found that they were starving for several days) .

That place is definitely not habitable.
Okay for the time being I go by your theory.
'Coz you might have struck gold with it,look at this piece of news
Worst hailstorm disaster - death toll

So yes if death of 246ppl in one go is possible then the roopkund mystery has been solved.
But why dont the scientists compare the corpse and skeletons found in roopkund with skeletons of ppl who died in hailstorm recently???

Roopkund lake skeletons has 1200 years old.Scientists done a DNA test and all are similar to Chitpavan. Extreme hailstorm impact severe fractures in victims body and scientists always wondered about the damage in the skeletons in Roopkund.All this pointed to a hailstorm and possible avalanche and washed away all the pilgrims in this lake later known as roopkund
maybe that is reason.But unlike modern days defence against hailstorm is very low in 9th century in that remote pilgrim site

There were two groups who died near RoopKund on circa 850AD. One was a group of Pilgrims,and the other of local people most possibly the camp bearers. family members of a Kokanastha brahmin family of maharashtra

What were they doing there? Well,RoopKund falls on the way to NandaDevi Shrine. It is believed that around this time RK might have been a very popular pilgrimage site.

Analysis of skulls revealed that they were hit by a round shaped ,concrete balls which severely fractured the back of the skulls.As hailstorm is a very common phenomenon in this region,so most possibly these poor fated pilgrims died of a hailstorm after losing their way in this zigzagged mountainous region(Researchers have found that they were starving for several days) .
or the Badrinath :what:
roopkund is at about 16000 feet with a sloppy terrain. a small landslide can cause a very severe damage.

or the Badrinath :what:
roopkund is at about 16000 feet with a sloppy terrain. a small landslide can cause a very severe damage.
That's a mystery and an impossible task to guess as there are so many shrines altogether. And as it's proved that the pilgrims were starved,so possibly they might have lost their way. My assumption is as Badrinath sits on a height of around 3K mtrs and RK site is at around 5K,they might not attempt to lose their calorie to exhaust themselves reaching additional 2000 meters.It would have been a difficult choice for them if true.

?
something wat pandavas did before their demise....or perhaps they were on their way to mansarovar but got lost......or you know...some highlanders(bandits) would use this lalke as a bait...as the report suggests...almost all corpse had injuries on head and shoulders.

Any idea exactly how many skeletons are lying near the lake? Has anyone made a headcount(or skull count?) there?

I paid rs 1000 as compensation in my B.tech 2 year 1st semister because of lack of attendance(video game affect .... :lol:), otherwise HOD said she will not allow me to write the exam.

From then on I took care of subjects and got distinction, before that I used to have roughly 65% :P

I used to play video games, cricket and also roam on the roads and the next day teachers used to send me out for not doing assignments or I used to bunk classes to skip those checkings.

Every year I used to give roughly 70 leave letters except m.tech and I used to study 2 weeks before exams.

:lol:

:enjoy:

@Srinivas
I remember one time when one of our professor with warden came for a sudden visit to our hostel to see the conditions..and amenities..It was approx 2 or 3 PM. we were playing after bunking the classes and he caught us red handed ... after that incident we were suspended for 2 days ..
we laughed at his punishment and devoted our time on lan gaming..:lol::lol::lol:
We mostly used to play
Counter strike
Dota
Fifa on lan:enjoy:

Back
Top Bottom