What's new

The Sixth Generation Fighter

Plasma to replace flight control surfaces...

AFRL Proves Feasibility Of Plasma Actuators
The Air Force Research Laboratory is laying the groundwork to develop revolutionary hypersonic aerospace vehicles. AFRL is examining the feasibility of replacing traditional mechanical actuators, which move to control an air vehicle's flight control surfaces like wing flaps, with plasma actuators that require no moving parts and are more reliable.

As part of the Air Force Office of Scientific Research Boundary Layers and Hypersonics program, AFRL conducted a wind tunnel test to evaluate the feasibility of using plasma actuators for airframe flight control. In AFRL's Mach 5 plasma channel wind tunnel, engineers used a strong electric field to ionize air around an air vehicle model to create plasma.

Air diverted by plasma heating successfully exerted force on the model and demonstrated that the plasma actuator concept is a viable area for further study and development.

Err ... There are a lot of things which are possible,
and if those things are manufactured, our present scientific knowledge dictates that they would work.

My Fav, is Teleportation, which in theory has to work, and it is a simple theory to understand.
However having the materials and machines to make it possible is another question all together.

Yeah, mach 50 is fast, but how fast can they deal with their debt problem?

---------- Post added at 12:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 AM ----------

Err ... There are a lot of things which are possible,
and if those things are manufactured, our present scientific knowledge dictates that they would work.

My Fav, is Teleportation, which in theory has to work, and it is a simple theory to understand.
However having the materials and machines to make it possible is another question all together.

Dont worry saudi arabia will make a camel with ability to teleport soon.

Yeah, mach 50 is fast, but how fast can they deal with their debt problem?

---------- Post added at 12:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 AM ----------

Dont worry saudi arabia will make a camel with ability to teleport soon.

I wish the news comes sooner rather than later, from the land of my Religion and my prophet.

Pakistan should first focus on getting the most modern 5th Generation Plane

[video]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/be/FaxxNavy.jpg[/video]
why always USA categories fighter generation

I think theoretically lots of things possible but real Achilles Heel is the limit of engineering. given the state of global and the US economy and the fate of F-22 program, i am still confused how on earth all this is going to be physically there in out life times??
US economy is very big. We cannot just let some news articles fool us in this regard.

Forget nukes, anti matter is the future.
actually i have theory that matter and anti matter can be interconverted, but i still have not found the evidence...if that works we would have unlimited supply anti-matter.

real stealth, unmanned , Hypersonic ++....should be capable to attack any part of the world from anywhere within 60 mins!

Nope! DARPA has nothing to do with the Nautilus, TAW-50 etc. These are strictly in the realm of 'black projects'.

And have you heard of Project Looking Glass? It's about - hold your breath - time travel!!!

Forget nukes, anti matter is the future.
actually i have theory that matter and anti matter can be interconverted, but i still have not found the evidence...if that works we would have unlimited supply anti-matter.
You mean an unlimited supply of energy! :smokin:

Back
Top Bottom