What's new

The Seven Great Powers

What good it be even if India becomes a economic power house when it can't even produce first rate military equipment? The power has always being with the one who possessed superior military technology. It has always being up to now a customer to downgraded military technology. Moreover Indian economy is also rests on it's 1.2 billion population and over other smaller satellite nation around her. That's not a trait of an economic giant. IMHO India has not won the international market over the competitors.
Economy and Defence industry will go hand in hand. As economy rises. Its seeds have been rooted.

What good it be even if India becomes a economic power house when it can't even produce first rate military equipment? The power has always being with the one who possessed superior military technology. It has always being up to now a customer to downgraded military technology.

What sort of non sense is this ? When did a SSBN,an ICBM,A ballistic missile shield & a fourth generation fighter become third rate military equipment ?

Not to pessimistic.

INDIA needs to resolve lot of issues within its borders first before getting into power projection.

WE need to prioritize these

1) need to help all the states that have lower literacy rate first.
2) more power for for judiciary
3) improve living conditions

1) This is a slow process, it depends upon economic growth otherwise there will be mass unemployment.
2) Like what?
3) It needs resources hence economy but with time living conditions will obviously improve.

Sorry for opening an year old thread.But
I'm laughing my chair of on watching Germany stronger than China, Russia and India
and Japan stronger than Russia and India.
Also, which intelligent person brought Saudis even on list? :omghaha:

China should be ranked above Germany for China stands ahead of Germany both Economically and Militarily and has more say in the international politics.

Surprised to see both UK and France out of the list!

Germany is economic and technological powerhouse in a way China ain't
UK is an also ran in the world. I am surprised to see the French out

What sort of non sense is this ? When did a SSBN,an ICBM,A ballistic missile shield & a fourth generation fighter become third rate military equipment ?

Did India produce them all? I don't think so.

China is a developing country. This country is not in any top list if power per capita is considered. Let's not mistaken strength with fatness.

Turkey's strategic Role in the Heart of the Mediterranean Euro-Asia is second to none !
Turkey has the capability to shift dynamic's from Ukraine in the Caspian to the mid-east

Turkey is in a strategic position. It is better run than many of your neighbors in the Middle East.

Don't get me wrong. What can Turkey really do ? Can you change the policies of Iran or Syria or Israel or Greece ?

Yes great power accomplish the process of killing it's ecoonomy.

What saudis did not only affected the Russian's Iranian and Iraqis they also hit their economy hard they already short in balance for more than 130 billion dollars if not more than 300 billions gone for a mere stupid policy.

Great powers Sir work to keep their interest intact not to sink the ship so it sink with it. Looool ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha crappy article for sure this guy instead of putting countries like Canada or Brazil for their real great power he bring a country that has no power more than oil and even that thing they don't know how to use it.

Saudis have the ability to impact the policies of other countries. They have $800 billion in the bank to soften the blow. How much do the Iranians or Russians have ?

interesting, but I wouldn't put India in any list of 'great powers' ... a regional power, perhaps, but our reach barely extends beyond the sub continent, and even in the subcontinent, Pakistan and China (both nuclear armed states) maintain an adversarial stance toward India, and we're saddled with all the 3rd world problems.. too much corruption, poverty, societal ills.. you name it

a growing/rising "power" maybe, not a great power.. but what India is, is an excellent investment destination, potentially the next China even (I hope anyway)

so put your money in some Indian blue chips or buy into some south asia/India focused emerging market funds, and may the goddess Lakshmi bless your investments :angel:

I would not put India as a great power. But India would be a contender for any list of seven most powerful countries

Saudis have the ability to impact the policies of other countries. They have $800 billion in the bank to soften the blow. How much do the Iranians or Russians have ?
Great powers increase that not decreasing it!.

Do you think Russia or Iran will fail or loose power because of the oil price dropped? no, why? because these countries defend their interest in the region by all means again it's their business not mine but as Iraqi do you think Iraqis will let Saudis or any topple their regime because oil price dropped certainly no, actually the price drop of oil push Iraqis to look for other resources beside oil, now they reopen their factories cutting the spend on importing products activating the tax system where the coming year alone it will pour 10-12 billion dollars!.

Yes, it will heart but other than that it has no impact on our will to bolster our regime.

today we took back Anbar province tomorrow we will take Mosul.

Great powers increase that not decreasing it!.

Do you think Russia or Iran will fail or loose power because of the oil price dropped? no, why? because these countries defend their interest in the region by all means again it's their business not mine but as Iraqi do you think Iraqis will let Saudis or any topple their regime because oil price dropped certainly no, actually the price drop of oil push Iraqis to look for other resources beside oil, now they reopen their factories cutting the spend on importing products activating the tax system where the coming year alone it will pour 10-12 billion dollars!.

Yes, it will heart but other than that it has no impact on our will to bolster our regime.

today we took back Anbar province tomorrow we will take Mosul.

You have a brain of a fish. Or not even a fish.

If oil price drops, income of the nation drops, which leads to cuts by the government in many areas for example freezing of wages for government employees which leads to public unrest and people losing faith in government and then bam, in the next elections they are gone. Most of the time it's like this unless it's some dictator.

You have a brain of a fish. Or not even a fish.

If oil price drops, income of the nation drops, which leads to cuts by the government in many areas for example freezing of wages for government employees which leads to public unrest and people losing faith in government and then bam, in the next elections they are gone. Most of the time it's like this unless it's some dictator.
You a donkey brain no doubt I know all of that but also the damage isn't that big in countries like Russia or Iran yes it did in Iraq no doubt since Iraq has no industry not even good agriculture to feed it's people they depend on the foreign produce.

Well, the impact of the oil price drop hit the Saudis I've seen last night on the news a long line of cars waiting to get gas.

This is just the beginning.

You a donkey brain no doubt I know all of that but also the damage isn't that big in countries like Russia or Iran yes it did in Iraq no doubt since Iraq has no industry not even good agriculture to feed it's people they depend on the foreign produce.

Well, the impact of the oil price drop hit the Saudis I've seen last night on the news a long line of cars waiting to get gas.

This is just the beginning.

It doesn't have that much impact in Russia or Iran? Both these country rely on oil and gas for 80-90 of their income. They have hardly any industry. Russia has some defence industry exports. Russian economy is contracting 4%. Do you know what that means? If this oil price carries on for a few years Russia and İran's economies will be destroyed.

Good going Saudi Arabia.

It doesn't have that much impact in Russia or Iran? Both these country rely on oil and gas for 80-90 of their income. They have hardly any industry. Russia has some defence industry exports. Russian economy is contracting 4%. Do you know what that means? If this oil price carries on for a few years Russia and İran's economies will be destroyed.

Good going Saudi Arabia.
Just go ahead and read their economies instead of dead arguement as I said Iraq is the only one having problem Iraq fit exactly to your description Iraqis depend heavily on oil In Iraq yes they having tough time but they working on it.

These crisis sometimes help nations to wake up and start some self reliance.

Back
Top Bottom