What's new

The Security Dynamics of Balochistan

Baloch militants are now relying more over IED attacks instead of ambushes. Someone has helped them change their strategy and is providing them quality explosives. The question is who is behind it india or iran? and more important thing is what can we do ?

7 FC troops including a JCO KIA today. 1-2 in NWA too. Not good - at all.
We are seeing a surge in balochistan because iran is not happy with fencing and india is going to have maximum gains before afghan deal comes into affect. Completing fencing should be a priority. However in waziristan the border is fenced and torkham is also closed so why we are again seeing a surge in attacks?

We are seeing a surge in balochistan because iran is not happy with fencing and india is going to have maximum gains before afghan deal comes into affect. Completing fencing should be a priority. However in waziristan the border is fenced and torkham is also closed so why we are again seeing a surge in attacks?
Can't say if the Waziristan border is fenced but the recent attacks are occuring pretty deep into hinterland. That suggests that these are localized militants who are hiding out in some pockets. IED attacks cannot happen without local facilitators btw. In short, it's frustrating as hell. But that is no surprise for students of history - Waziristan has always been hostile to outsiders. Locals see our boys as such and hence the PTM is strongest there. Wild West sh*tshow.

Long-term solution to Baluchistan Insurgency

The insurgency in Baluchistan is being flamed by India & Iran and needs a long-term solution. Following are my suggestions for solving this problem:

1. Administratively divide the province into smaller provinces. Mekran Coast is geographically, economically and ethnically different and should be a separate province. Rest of Baluchistan needs to be divided into 3 more pieces minimum.

2. Establish mini-cities between:
a) Karachi - Khuzdar
b) Khairpur - Khuzdar
c) Khairpur - Sibi
d) DG Khan - Loralai
e) DI Khan - Loralai

3. Establish schools in every village, and upgrade schools, colleges and universities throughout

4. Invest in agriculture and other industries. There is scope for geo-engineering Baluchistan, given the water dynamics of the region. Studies have been done in the past by the Ministry of Agriculture and these need to be dusted off and looked into.

Changing the socio-economics, demographics, social structures and education levels over the longer term are vital. As mentioned earlier, "mini cities" could be a strategy to do this.

Consider a mini city with the following features:

1. Population capacity within city limits: 1000
2. Basic services available - school, technical college, small hospital, basic amenities, a small cinema, wedding hall, etc
3. This mini city is gated with 6 access points to serve the surrounding area. Over time, if the city expands, the expansion can be outside this core inner city.
4. Over time, the surrounding tribal populations will see the benefit of living in a city and slowly adapt to new socio-economic conditions. They will also learn to interact with other Pakistanis from outside their tribe, as this gated city will be a regular contact point for them to interact and normalize with others.

If you keep the cost of these small "mini cities" low, and you could build 100 of them, you would completely change the status of Baluchistan within 10 years. If such a city serves a community outside its gates of 10,000 people, 100 of them will reach 1,000,000 people who would have, in time, integrated with mainstream Pakistan.

If we take out the major cities and towns in Baluchistan currently, there is a disconnect with approximately 5 million Baluchis who are disconnected socially, economically and politically. Taking out 1 million from that equation would drastically improve the long-term security and social cohesion of Baluchis.

Could it be that Ikram Ulla Tarabi, was allowed to leave Pakistan & lead directly to the other top leadership of Jamat ul Ahrar & Hizb ul Ahrar in Afghanistan ?

& now we will be seeing such news especially after Tarabi was reported to Combine TTP, Jamat & Hizb ul Ahrar in Afghanistan.

Sir read the name.

Brother mine, i know the one who went to hell is not Tarabi, but i did not say this in my post as well. What I was mentioning was that just after Tarabi went to Afghanistan & did his Meet up this news came.

Or if I am not getting your point, let me know.

Brother mine, i know the one who went to hell is not Tarabi, but i did not say this in my post as well. What I was mentioning was that just after Tarabi went to Afghanistan & did his Meet up this news came.

Or if I am not getting your point, let me know.
Oh ok.

Baloch militants are now relying more over IED attacks instead of ambushes. Someone has helped them change their strategy and is providing them quality explosives. The question is who is behind it india or iran? and more important thing is what can we do ?

Do the same in Kashmir --- oh wait, we are more focused on jingles and renaming streets.

A bully only stops when there is an (offensive) fear of consequences in his heart. Unless we raise the cost for the real puppeteers in Delhi, we can continue to expect this cycle.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom