What's new

The Scooter Looked Like a Warrior's Horse : Nostalgia

Beech me ek Jawa ka potu aa gaya hai.

Never got to ride one so far. But I might ride one soon enough. A good friend of mine has recently bought a well-maintained beauty.

Jawa ka photu aise hi daal diya, I think Jawa sold very less to deserve a full post. :D

Those mini-Rajdoots were a hit with stunt-riders. I remember seeing them with people who used to ride inside wells at village fairs. :D

I have seen stuntmen doing "Maut ka kuan" with Yamaha Rx-100, every time I saw that in those days, I used to fall in love with the girls riding pillion. :D

Yamaha RD-350 - Probably our first sports bike.

Yamaha_RD350A_medium_brochure_centre.jpg

yamaha_rd350.jpg

RD-350.jpg

RD-400 (Can anybody confirm if this baby came to India?)
46654386.jpg

This was such a brute! The top speed wasn't great, but you never felt low on power in any gear.

Jawa ka photu aise hi daal diya, I think Jawa sold very less to deserve a full post. :D

I have seen stuntmen doing "Maut ka kuan" with Yamaha Rx-100, every time I saw that in those days, I used to fall in love with the girls riding pillion. :D

Jawa was a hit in South India though. It's production plant was in Mysore, and I guess their sales and service efforts too were better coordinated in the South. Agreed that it was quickly discontinued in favour of Yezdi.:)

I envy the guy riding that M80. :ashamed:

You git!:lol:

frabz-WHY-SO-HORNY-8a3119.jpg

What do students buy then? Four wheelers? :eek:

This :

Honda 70 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And its clones that go into dozens upon dozens of companies producing bikes that look exactly like that down to the nuts & bolts !

Its an aesthetically sh*tty bike but its cheap, its fuel economical & because you've got dozens of its clones around - It has pretty darn cheap parts (good quality) available for it !

I personally can't ride a bike so I don't own one ! :(

Yamaha RX-100 - When the 100cc revolution came, this used to be the more powerful option among the two available, the other one was Hero Honda CD-100 bikes - I always wanted to have one of these!! :(

RX_100.jpg

yamaha-rx-100-1.jpg

yamaha-rx-100-7.jpg

yamaha-rx-100-17.jpg

1817d1227697502-yamaha-rx-100-history-10-05-08_1426.jpg

2006%5C12%5C20%5Cbikepics-751453-320.jpg

rx100.jpg

Still looks sexy!! :smitten:

The only scooter that there is in Pakistan is one of those pretty darn old Vespas ! :unsure:

Scooters just don't sell in Pakistan, I suppose - Men here prefer bikes to scooters & women prefer public transport or personal cars ! :undecided:

In the 90s vespa was kind of a fashion.. chicks used to ride on vespas... i remember tht (was a kid back than) lol.. nowadays ive seen many girls riding bikes... kinda weird..

@Armstrong what do you drive man?

Im using a CJ-5.. (dont have a pic)

but it looks something similiar to this except i have a different roll cage:

154_1104_14_o+154_1104_april_2011_jeep_shots+1984_jeep_cj7_front_shot.jpg

This :

Honda 70 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And its clones that go into dozens upon dozens of companies producing bikes that look exactly like that down to the nuts & bolts !

Its an aesthetically sh*tty bike but its cheap, its fuel economical & because you've got dozens of its clones around - It has pretty darn cheap parts (good quality) available for it !

I personally can't ride a bike so I don't own one ! :(

Ah! I was wondering if Pakistanis don't buy two-wheelers at all. :lol:

Actually, not many buy geared scooters either in India these days. Most men buy bikes while the ladies go for gearless scooters, most of which are quite OK on the eye.

And you are justlike your sis @levina . Dono ko two-wheeler chalana nahi aati. :haha:

In the 90s vespa was kind of a fashion.. chicks used to ride on vespas... i remember tht (was a kid back than) lol.. nowadays ive seen many girls riding bikes... kinda weird..

@Armstrong what do you drive man?

Im using a CJ-5.. (dont have a pic)

but it looks something similiar to this except i have a different roll cage:

View attachment 41606

XLI ! :)

I miss the '90s - God I miss them so much ! :(

Back
Top Bottom