What's new

The rise of India

....it has the potential as well as economy...but will take a long time as there are 1000s of obstacles.......one should learn from china about "running and developing a country like a boss"......today china is the only great power on earth....india can be...but has a long way to go......

just being realistic

Whatever makes you sleep better in your bed.

I never lose sleep even before very very difficult exams / important occasions

The frequent, repetitious, overselling and erroneous reports about super powder india are becoming ideal dozing formula for those who cant sleep at night

In my opinion it does not matter if India becomes a ' Great Power' or not. These categories are all relative.

What matters is that India on its way to become a country that gets more & more livable each day ?

Are the essentials of governance & welfare state in place ?

Is the nation striving to improve by making corrections as it goes along ?

Does a poor man enjoy the same rights & privileges as a rich man ?

I would rather India not become a welfare state, thank you very much.

Here is the list of currently recognized great powers:

The USA, China, Russia, Britain and France.

Can India become a great power? Probably yes, considering that they are stronger than some of the existing great powers.

@Chinese-Dragon , Britain & France, Seriously??

Last edited by a moderator:

The frequent, repetitious, overselling and erroneous reports about super powder india are becoming ideal dozing formula for those who cant sleep at night

But Your presence in the thread suggests otherwise , its one thing to fail in sems but different to feel the rise of the Powerful nation with whome your perception of boarder differs.
CHILAX and sleep tight.

A looooooooong way to go but I'll be happy if this is an economic rise. A bit like South Korea and Japan.

I think it was only downhill from 1192 to 1707.

Probably a necessary evil. One important lesson we learnt from that period is united we stand divided we fall.

But Your presence in the thread suggests otherwise , its one thing to fail in sems but different to feel the rise of the Powerful nation with whome your perception of boarder differs.
CHILAX and sleep tight.

It is playtime for a bit on the net. Then I'll go to bed!

A looooooooong way to go but I'll be happy if this is an economic rise. A bit like South Korea and Japan.

Probably a necessary evil. One important lesson we learnt from that period is united we stand divided we fall.

Unity yes but not with not with those whose couple of chromosome pairs has Arabic,Persian or even Turkish lineage.

As I understood from you comments....u r a kid.....dont waste ur time here...go study

even countries like SA, Brazil, Germany, Italy. japan, Canada, Australia, Spain and more will take a really good laugh at it! Another super powder india director's cut!

Is the magazine running out of good articles or the writer runs out of money?
848.gif

Great powers are also supposed to have soft power: the ability to influence other states by ‘seducing’ rather than coercing them, by getting them want the desired outcomes through persuasion, co-option or example. Cultural and political values and practices, such as democracy, human rights, and individualism, have been important sources of wielding soft power.

In case of India, Bollywood, arguably one of the world’s largest tinsel town, has emerged as an important means of exercising soft power. The Indian film industry and, of late, TV plays have had a profound impact on viewers across neighbouring nations like Pakistan, Bangladesh and Nepal, while its centuries old mystic cults, such as yoga and meditation, and recent democratic credentials hold strong attraction for the west.

I dont know how much truth are those claims
Someone may elaborate with facts

But the whole south asia is not well developed. Bollywood doesnt do well outside of the south-asia-sphere
Also somewhere in the usa is banning yoga classes at schools

Back
Top Bottom