What's new

The real Type 095

China’s Homegrown New Type 095, 095A Attack Nuclear Submarines

Posted:
August 16, 2016 | Author: chankaiyee2

China’s new homegrown Type 095/095A attack nuclear submarine. mil.huanqiu.com photo. The same below.

China’s official military forum mil.huanqiu.com says in its report yesterday that Type 095 and 095A are China’s third-generation attack nuclear submarines. They have been developed by reference to Western design and have a single hull shell with small sound reflection area.

The following are their basic data:

Length: 115 m
Beam: 12 m
Draft: 11 m
Displacement: 7,900 tons
Operational diving depth: 250 m
Maximum diving depth: 500 m
Maximum underwater speed: 32 knots
Endurance: 80 days
Crew: 130

Their Armament:
8 533 mm torpedo tubes, capable of launching China’s homegrown conventional torpedoes and supercavitation speed torpedoes
Submarine-launched YJ-83 antiship missiles
6 connected submarine-launched Haihongqi-10 short-range air defence missile for shooting down antisubmarine helicopters.
Special for improved version Type 095A submarine: 16 VSL for submarine-launch of CJ-10 cruise missiles for precisiong ground attack

They are installed with China’s new reactor that needs no replacement of nuclear fuel or core during their entire service life. They use new-type single axis pump for water jet propulsion with significantly low noise between 100 and 110 dB.

Their sonar system contains a ball-shaped sonar array in theirow, multiple-line array noise distance measuring sonars by their sides and a seabed scan sonar below their bow.

Source: mil.huanqiu.com “Get some idea in advance of the excellence of China’s Type 095A nuclear submarine” (summary by Chan Kai Yee based on the report in Chinese)

This is the Type 093B.

China’s Homegrown New Type 095, 095A Attack Nuclear Submarines

Posted:
August 16, 2016 | Author: chankaiyee2

China’s new homegrown Type 095/095A attack nuclear submarine. mil.huanqiu.com photo. The same below.

China’s official military forum mil.huanqiu.com says in its report yesterday that Type 095 and 095A are China’s third-generation attack nuclear submarines. They have been developed by reference to Western design and have a single hull shell with small sound reflection area.

The following are their basic data:

Length: 115 m
Beam: 12 m
Draft: 11 m
Displacement: 7,900 tons
Operational diving depth: 250 m
Maximum diving depth: 500 m
Maximum underwater speed: 32 knots
Endurance: 80 days
Crew: 130

Their Armament:
8 533 mm torpedo tubes, capable of launching China’s homegrown conventional torpedoes and supercavitation speed torpedoes
Submarine-launched YJ-83 antiship missiles
6 connected submarine-launched Haihongqi-10 short-range air defence missile for shooting down antisubmarine helicopters.
Special for improved version Type 095A submarine: 16 VSL for submarine-launch of CJ-10 cruise missiles for precisiong ground attack

They are installed with China’s new reactor that needs no replacement of nuclear fuel or core during their entire service life. They use new-type single axis pump for water jet propulsion with significantly low noise between 100 and 110 dB.

Their sonar system contains a ball-shaped sonar array in theirow, multiple-line array noise distance measuring sonars by their sides and a seabed scan sonar below their bow.

Source: mil.huanqiu.com “Get some idea in advance of the excellence of China’s Type 095A nuclear submarine” (summary by Chan Kai Yee based on the report in Chinese)

How does Type 95 compare with US nuclear attack submarines?

supercavitation speed torpedoes

Oh! I thought only Russia has ever used supercavitation torpedoes.

Satellite technology exceed that means submarine must exceed. So that's how Indian think Indian is ahead of Chinese just Becos of a Mars orbiter? :lol:

No, your credibility was low in the case of your assessement of satellite technology.

This just makes me unwilling to buy your submarine assessment.

No, your credibility was low in the case of your assessement of satellite technology.

This just makes me unwilling to buy your submarine assessment.

:coffee: In fact you don't have to. Just be around and wait a couple of years more and many like Beast, etc in here will make their case e.g. many of my own predictions which I made years ago have all been materialized. Many were than were criticizing me then but I simple ignored them as ignoramus. Today who is right? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

So be cool! :cheers:

:coffee: In fact you don't have to. Just be around and wait a couple of years more and many like Beast, etc in here will make their case e.g. many of my own predictions which I made years ago have all been materialized. Many were than were criticizing me then but I simple ignored them as ignoramus. Today who is right? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

So be cool! :cheers:

For example.

What was the case that you made and were right?

I'm a big fan of submarine than surface vessel. The true killer of the ocean will always be submarine.

If you've played games like Hearts of Iron IV, you will know that subs have 1 major weakness- max speed. They will be too slow to face off or rather- catch up with a surface fleet alone.

Subs are indeed killers of the ocean, but they are slow-moving killers.

Back
Top Bottom