What's new

The ranting Khawaja's

The politicians are not taking any sides, but engaging in debate on the floor of the house as is their protected privilege. While you may be correct (although it remains to be seen) in saying that there has been a shift of attitude, to proclaim what criticism should or should not be lobbed at them reeks of the same old arrogance that has led to military overreach so many times in the past. By what authority does the Army wish to limit what can and cannot be said on the floor of the House? They are not the only claimants to patriotism to the exclusion of everyone else, after all.

Further, insinuating that the politicians and the nation should somehow be grateful for the military's apparent restraint is again historic arrogance and must be stopped forthwith. Threatening a collision is no different than implied blackmail of the "behave or else" kind.

This nation's worst enemies are inside the borders and among them are those who take oaths of allegiance and then violate them with impunity. Who are the ones that are obstructing efforts of the Supreme Court in getting to the bottom of the missing Persons' Case? Who are the ones protecting treasonous traitors?

These Aegean stables need the proverbial flood, and then some, to clean out.
Debating,is that what they call it?
To be honest i have no issue with them doing so, because that is what they are meant to be doing.
You are right when you said, following the chain, and this is what they have been doing lately. COAS was addressing his men, and in noway meant any offence to any organ of the state.
Military has kept its distance since 2008 from the politics, and it is govt that keep bringing up the dead ones....we are past that point now

Debating,is that what they call it?
To be honest i have no issue with them doing so, because that is what they are meant to be doing.
You are right when you said, following the chain, and this is what they have been doing lately. COAS was addressing his men, and in noway meant any offence to any organ of the state.
Military has kept its distance since 2008 from the politics, and it is govt that keep bringing up the dead ones....we are past that point now

I sure hope you are correct Sir, I sure hope so!

I sure hope you are correct Sir, I sure hope so!
Govt is trying to win a fight that doesnt even exist, i would say, journalism has a role to ppay in manupilating some of the incidents, and is sad to see that we have come to a point where media is trying to.negotiate with terrorists and hostage takers and voilating the chain of command

Who has stopped him? ..........

Threats of a coup, demands for his resignation, etc etc.

Govt is trying to win a fight that doesnt even exist, i would say, journalism has a role to ppay in manupilating some of the incidents, and is sad to see that we have come to a point where media is trying to.negotiate with terrorists and hostage takers and voilating the chain of command

The media can be idiots the world over, but they should not be silenced. I hope that both the military and civilian leaderships have the wisdom to see through such manipulation.

meri Jaan

when I highlighted the flaws in his rhetoric your responses are well isnt what army supposed to do? missing the obvious are we?
the point is.. he is venting venom without facts and substance. thats all I am saying. criticise dont shamelessly lie and distort facts.
Okey please let me know what is a fact and what is not? Believing or should I say propagating something to be a fact doesn't make it a fact. Even today a typical general is allotted a lavish house after retirement (not to mention other perks) while a jawan has to work as a security guard to look after his family.

people say that we are digging back in the past about what he said in 2006 and 2008 etc but he has pretty much retorted the same recently during 7th and 8th of April 14 and you say lets not start a controversy?
History doesn't change, it remains the same. Tribal invasion, Operation Gibraltar, Operation Search Light and then Kargil were the brain children of individuals but the Nation as a whole, Jawans and lower ranks in specific and Army as general had to pay the price.

Nawaz league is in pain .. a pain worth 1.5 Billion hallal dollars ... khawaja Asif is one of the main guys heading those meetings with our Saudi masters negotiating our men and arms to help in Saudi sponsored Sectarian war in the middle east.. and guess what despite all those bribes and awards by the Saudis... our COAS refused to provide any Pak army support to Arabian civil war.
And COAS visited KSA just to say that "No" ryt? Well do you really think that KSA needs Pakistan Government or Army's nod to transport AQ and TTP fighters in Syria? Have you forgotten D I Khan Jail break -and 7 other in the region in just a week- months ago? Do you even know how many of our men are on deputation with Saudi Interior Ministry and forces as instructors? Wouldn't that money also be "Haram" for us? And yes when Saudi's bankrolled our Nuke program and SAAB induction programs I didn't hear "Haram! Haram!" shouts here.

now that pains a lot. its no controversy that Nawaz league's and Jamat Islami and PTI's disgruntled and angry brothers (commonly known as TTP) are fighting the war in Syria.. Saudis just want our military and its weapons to give these international brothers (butchers, cannibals and rapists united) training to down aircrafts.
Who created these angry brothers in the first place? N/JI or PTI? who allowed uzbiks, germans, Uighors, Arabs, Indonesians and name it, on our lands? who allowed them to run training camps on our land? Its just that the beasts turned against their former master doesn't mean that they have changed theirs.
think about that what would TTP do with our Anza 2 missile when he brings it back to Pakistan? amuzing thought?
Well if they are fighting in Syria, how about they return back with Russian or American ones, would certainly be far deadly than Anza II....

Last edited:
History doesn't change, it remains the same. Tribal invasion, Operation Gibraltar, Operation Search Light and then Kargil were the brain children of individuals but the Nation as a whole, Jawans and lower ranks in specific and Army as general had to pay the price.

so right you are, thats what they are there for.... to lead and make a decision and live with the outcome whatever that maybe

when there are too many chiefs in a village then the nation forgets the difference from arse and the elbow

case in point? lack of national policy, is it our war? taliban our brothers? list goes on

so right you are, thats what they are there for.... to lead and make a decision and live with the outcome whatever that maybe

when there are too many chiefs in a village then the nation forgets the difference from arse and the elbow

case in point? lack of national policy, is it our war? taliban our brothers? list goes on
But then why do you get so upset when Khawaja Asif blames thoses generals and likes of them today on the floor of assembly?
P.S:Replied to your TTP argument in edited post.

Last edited:
The politicians are not taking any sides, but engaging in debate on the floor of the house as is their protected privilege. While you may be correct (although it remains to be seen) in saying that there has been a shift of attitude, to proclaim what criticism should or should not be lobbed at them reeks of the same old arrogance that has led to military overreach so many times in the past. By what authority does the Army wish to limit what can and cannot be said on the floor of the House? They are not the only claimants to patriotism to the exclusion of everyone else, after all.

Further, insinuating that the politicians and the nation should somehow be grateful for the military's apparent restraint is again historic arrogance and must be stopped forthwith. Threatening a collision is no different than implied blackmail of the "behave or else" kind.

This nation's worst enemies are inside the borders and among them are those who take oaths of allegiance and then violate them with impunity. Who are the ones that are obstructing efforts of the Supreme Court in getting to the bottom of the missing Persons' Case? Who are the ones protecting treasonous traitors?

These Aegean stables need the proverbial flood, and then some, to clean out.

Debate ? Mate , are you even aware of what was said on the floor of house ? Saying that no sides were being taken proves otherwise actually . The politician in question didn't just criticize the military , he was quite supportive of Taliban and Baluch separatists . I am certain that no enemies of the state should be supported on the sacred floor , even the freedom of speech has limits . After all , It's not only the army which has lessons to learn .

Debate ? Mate , are you even aware of what was said on the floor of house ? Saying that no sides were being taken proves otherwise actually . The politician in question didn't just criticize the military , he was quite supportive of Taliban and Baluch separatists . I am certain that no enemies of the state should be supported on the sacred floor , even the freedom of speech has limits . After all , It's not only the army which has lessons to learn .

Your limits on speech may be different from the limits on the floor. Besides, if politicians makes foolish speeches, they pay a political price, but that does not mean that there should be any censorship in Parliament. Let them speak. And bear the consequences too.

Naaz sharif has appoint most anti army defense minister .. this kinda dumb descion is expected from a from a PM who cant even manage to get 2nd devision in matric

Naaz sharif has appoint most anti army defense minister .. this kinda dumb descion is expected from a from a PM who cant even manage to get 2nd devision in matric
yes you are right friend!
noora king of noora land, running a nooracracy, & a noora defence minster?

yes you are right friend!
noora king of noora land, running a nooracracy, & a noora defence minster?
it is amazing that people find it quite acceptable that a defence minister vows to revolt against the military of the country that is under his ministry. he openly praises the terrorists in their fight against the state and justifies their mass murder... and they think he has the right to do so because its freedom of speech and because army seized control in the past.

the comical part is that this vindictive and hypertensive minister has filed an FIR against the military which is a first in the world history. if the ridiculous absurdness is not obvious to the people then no amount of explaining them will help.. they have made up their minds.

Back
Top Bottom