What's new

The Ramadan War: The Battle for Dignity

What’s Ramadan War?
The Ramadan War, October War, or Yom Kippur War, broke out on 6th of October/10th of Ramadan, when the Arab armies attacked IDF in the Israeli occupied Sinai and Golan.

What do you think was the end result of the war?
The Arabs - Egypt in particular - achieved a great political and Strategic victory out of the war.
Militarily, the result was stalemate on both fronts, although the Egyptian army achieved its objective, liberated the east bank of the Suez Canal, and did ultimately succeed in forcing the Israelis back to negotiation table.

and did ultimately succeed in forcing the Israelis back to negotiation table.
The Israelis had never left the table; the Arabs did that. Sadat thought the Arabs needed "dignity" before they could return. In cause of that emotion, thousands of Israelis and Arabs died. I always wonder why Arabs are proud rather than shamed to have participated in wars against Israel.

The Israelis had never left the table; the Arabs did that. Sadat thought the Arabs needed "dignity" before they could return. In cause of that emotion, thousands of Israelis and Arabs died. I always wonder why Arabs are proud rather than shamed to have participated in wars against Israel.
The fact is that Sadat offered peace many times before the war in return of Sinai, however the Israeli government rejected all his offers.

In cause of that emotion, thousands of Israelis and Arabs died. I always wonder why Arabs are proud rather than shamed to have participated in wars against Israel.
There will be always victims and violence in the middle east because of the Israeli occupation of Arab lands.

I always wonder why Arabs are proud rather than shamed to have participated in wars against Israel.
We are proud because we are fighting for our lands which have been occupied by the Israelis aggressors.

The fact is that Sadat offered peace many times before the war in return of Sinai, however the Israeli government rejected all his offers.
I doubt it. Please cite at least two such occasions. As far as I know, Sadat preceded the Yom Kippur War with periodic threats.

There will be always victims and violence in the middle east because of the Israeli occupation of Arab lands. We are proud because we are fighting for our lands which have been occupied by the Israelis aggressors.
What makes them "aggressors"? Are you simply parroting what you were taught in school? If you are an Egyptian and older than fifteen or so you know by observation and experience that much of what the authorities tell you is a lie. Is there some reason you can think of why they would teach you the truth about Jews and Israel?

I doubt it. Please cite at least two such occasions. As far as I know, Sadat preceded the Yom Kippur War with periodic threats.

What makes them "aggressors"? Are you simply parroting what you were taught in school? If you are an Egyptian and older than fifteen or so you know by observation and experience that much of what the authorities tell you is a lie. Is there some reason you can think of why they would teach you the truth about Jews and Israel?
To Muslims, the Israeli State as an authority and force is an aggressor as it was built upon colonially occupied Muslim land. Furthermore, we don't feel less agitated when we're on the receiving end of the Jewish guilt trip when in fact much of the Holocaust and other brutal crimes & genocide were committed in Europe. That said, I am no supporter of any of today's Muslim regimes (including Saudi Arabia, Iran, Pakistan, etc) as they are all Islamically illegitimate sources of authority. My personal condemnation of Israel stems from this fact, not because it is a Jewish state...personally I have no issue with Jews wishing to prosper in Muslim lands...but do so under a true Islamic State.

Please cite at least two such occasions.
Sadat suggested in Feb 1971, an Israeli withdrawal 32 km into Sinai, limited Egyptian troops and UN peace keeping force would be deployed on the eastern bank of Suez, and to reopen the Suez Canal for international navigation, followed by six months of negotiations. PM Golda Meir rejected Sadat's offer. Ironically enough, IDF retreated 35 km into Sinai after the war in Jan 1974.
Also in May 1973, Sadat proposed peace agreement, which was secretly submitted to Kissinger, Israel again rejected the offer. Sadat's initiative was described as the last chance to avoid war.

Sadat preceded the Yom Kippur War with periodic threats.
That's right. He also threatened war renewal in case of talk's failure in 1975 and 1978.

What makes them "aggressors"?
Their occupation of Arab territories, and their refusal to give it up peacefully.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom