What's new

The Possibility of New Provinces in Pakistan

14da2269850de72d9836a8bef6a51d02.jpg

Japan has 47 , zones not based on ethnicity but each zone gets proper budget to develop

a) Schools
b) infrastructure
c) Hospitals
d) Government Services

8-) Ethnicity based Province has no future

Pakistan's Massive Provinces , do not distribute the budget evenly across the domain and also there is wide gap between infrastructure development within Provinces

Last edited:

Not a good idea. Pakistan is not a single ethnicity country like Japan.
Ethnic differences should be respected. Cultural differences and languages need to be preserved.
Having states without no ethnic identity is a recipe for under development....prime example being Uttar Pradesh in India...People won't feel a sense of belonging...Four natural divisions of Uttar Pradesh:

Purvanchal
Rohilkhand
Bundelkhand
Awadh

That corresponds to historical realities

Pakistan should not make the mistake of just geograhical markers for new states

For Hindus, it's caste before anything else. You will never succeed in creating geography based ethnic identities like Europe, Middle East or East Asia.

8-) I am up for 50 Administrative zones , Islamabad looks fantastic with it's own budget

Pakistan also has one group of people i.e Pakistani just like Japan rest assured

14da2269850de72d9836a8bef6a51d02.jpg

Japan has 47 , zones not based on ethnicity but each zone gets proper budget to develop

a) Schools
b) infrastructure
c) Hospitals
d) Government Services

Pakistan's Massive Provinces , do not distribute the budget evenly across the domain and also there is wide gap between infrastructure development within Provinces
Ethnicity is identity... Baradari is identity... language is identity...
These are natural identities and constituencies, take these away and you have a superficial state. The common cause of Pakistan is already strong in Islam. Let, these allegiances of brotherhood steadfast on the common core and live an existence of freedom. Contributing to the cause of the center as federation... in inter-regional and intra-regional bodies... trade, law enforcement, higher education etc.
It will be a stronger, content, emancipated and enfranchised union...

8-) Either be Asian Tiger or be , Bradri guy

• Pakistani when they go out to foreign land , they all stand on the unwanted person asking for Visa line

The bradri gets you no where , the ethnic argument gets you no where on a world recognition level

The Ethnic system gives you a guy like BIlawal who claims he should be made the head of Large area of Pakistan because he is from certain family

Ethnicity is identity... Baradari is identity... language is identity...
These are natural identities and constituencies, take these away and you have a superficial state. The common cause of Pakistan is already strong in Islam.
If there ever was an oxymoron to describe pro-ethnic divisions this is it.

Islam is the only identity we need. Administrative units do not take away from you being a punjabi/pathan/seraiki/balochi or whatever you are feeling a specific day. I'm in Lahore, yet I speak Bhayya, Lahori and English all in the same day.

We need more than 50 units in Pakistan for better governance. The sooner we realize it the better.

The people of Sindh, NWFP (now KPK), and Baluchistan felt deprived of their identity when General Ayub Khan (the then President of the country) established a ‘‘One Unit’’ to reduce administrative costs and provincial prejudices. It was even seen by East Pakistanis as an attempt to counterbalance the numerical strength of Bengalis.

Pakistan, even today, faces many movements demanding separate provinces from ethnicities like Saraikis, Hazaras, Mohajirs, among others.

The constitution of Pakistan, unlike the constitution of India, does not allow for the creation of new provinces. Even the merger of FATA and KPK has only modified the boundaries of an existing province.

Read more: https://www.paradigmshift.com.pk/new-provinces-in-pakistan/

View attachment 724469
small provinces better management.

If there ever was an oxymoron to describe pro-ethnic divisions this is it.

Islam is the only identity we need. Administrative units do not take away from you being a punjabi/pathan/seraiki/balochi or whatever you are feeling a specific day. I'm in Lahore, yet I speak Bhayya, Lahori and English all in the same day.

We need more than 50 units in Pakistan for better governance. The sooner we realize it the better.
I do not want to go into a drawn out argument, suffice to say that Islam allows one's tribal and language identity as a form of recognition/introduction.

Qur'an (49:13)
"O mankind, indeed We have created you from male and female and made you peoples and tribes that you may know one another. Indeed, the most noble of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous of you. Indeed, Allah is Knowing and Acquainted."

Qur'an (30:22)
And of His signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth and the diversity of your languages and your colors. Indeed in that are signs for those of knowledge.

This by no means a term for superiority, nor color bias... respect is deserved and distinction allowed. Let us accept each other in our true form while our brotherhood steadfast in the Oneness of our creator.

I wouldn't really delve into it any further as this will take away way too much of my time due to the abundance of content and nature of topic... which will invariably bring in the triggered kind.

Partition based on ethnicity is a bad idea.
Erhnicity based divisions is not the issue. Military and bearucracy rules this country and are based on ethnicity and the problems lies with them. I don't want to be racist in my views but fact is baloch sindhi and pushtuns facing issues with punjabis because of their large population and majority power lies with punjab. Punjab running all the show just like West pakistan was before 1971 where East pakistan has nothing and the only difference was minority rules the majority where bengali population was higher than rest.

40-50 Administrative regions are needed in order to promote Merit vs "Ethnic" based first serve mentality.

Can't develop equality across regions under Pakistani Flag , unless all regions are equally given a budget and
authority to develop

a) Roads
b) Schools
c) Hospitals
d) Parks
e) Plant Trees
f) Economic Centers

If you go England , USA , Canada , Australia won't see any question about your Ethnicity if you have an education and some experience chances are you will be considered , more likely in USA then other countries but still you have a chance

Also , there is a universal development , city/town/village , basic budget exist to ensure some development happens at all levels

The idea of Handing over 8-10 billion dollar to 1 Province and 1 Family , and then they do hiring from their own family and distribute money to their few clan members is not an ideal way to run a country, the 8-10 billion dollar in 2020 was not for Bilawal and his villagers only or folks who vote for him , there needs to be evidence and break down of money being handed over to ground level people and evidence of development !!!

8-10 Billion Dollar is a enormous amount of Money , massive amount

Last edited:
I do not want to go into a drawn out argument, suffice to say that Islam allows one's tribal and language identity as a form of recognition/introduction.

Qur'an (49:13)
"O mankind, indeed We have created you from male and female and made you peoples and tribes that you may know one another. Indeed, the most noble of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous of you. Indeed, Allah is Knowing and Acquainted."

The Holy Quran said nothing about race/creed to be the basis for governance, which is the issue at hand.

One unit was started by Muhammad Ali Bogra and remained till 1970.

As of today there is no will from anyone to create new provinces. Even the GB issue is lost somewhere for now.
Interesting read

Ideally , Federal Unit , should give mandate to Administrative Zones to develop their region

a) Offer them Budget
b) Elect a Governor/ Leader he forms his own mini cabinet
c) Offer them Guidelines how to best implement a Universal System for Prosperity
d) There should be free flow movement of People across zones
e) Each zone would be held accountable for end of year audit (By Third party)

Each Unit gets limited amount of funds, so it is easy to audit

The naming should be purely administrative and not based around ethnic identity, so no Hazara province, Seraikistan, and so on.

If they do decide to make new provinces it should be done evenly, so for example if they make South Punjab, there should also be a North Punjab and Central Punjab (or some other local name) created too.
Then why their is ethnic based name of other provinces , like balochistan, sindh, pukhtoonkhuwa and punjab when Pakistan has many more ethnic groups. Respect all ethnicity and create province to preserve the multiethnic diversity of Pakistan, pukhtoon ,punjabi and sindhis are already dominating the politics while other ethnic groups are still struggling to get their basic rights in Pakistan.

Then why their is ethnic based name of other provinces , like balochistan, sindh, pukhtoonkhuwa and punjab when Pakistan has many more ethnic groups. Respect all ethnicity and create province to preserve the multiethnic diversity of Pakistan, pukhtoon ,punjabi and sindhis are already dominating the politics while other ethnic groups are still struggling to get their basic rights in Pakistan.

Except for KPK, those other provinces have had those names for many hundreds of years so I dont see how your point is valid.

Also which ethnic groups are being deprived of their basic rights??

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom