What's new

The Pakistan’s first ever hybrid rocket to launch soon

Look at the little blue box it has National Instruments and its logo on it.
National Instruments Corporation, or NI, is an American multinational company with international operation. Headquartered in Austin, Texas United States, it is a producer of automated test equipment and virtual instrumentation software.

hi @Richard Lee Peralez
I have NI's my-rio board too! It is just fantastic to work around with this board! The problem though is you need a very costly software Lab-View to program it which costs upward of $6000 in india! But the ease of programming my-rio board is unmatched- all you need to know is the logic of your engineering project rest everything else is taken care by Lab-view-i guess thats why it is priced that way! I mean previously one would use embedded c to program various boards out there for data acquisition and control but now with the help of NI's board one can bypass all that coding.

PS- i designed my very own data acquisition system based around simple arduino to work in slave mode to raspberry pi which then was being ssh'ed and vnc'ed from my ipad over a ethernet connection(could very easily be accessed over a wlan using a simple wifi modem in one of those USB slots).My profile picture is my very own creation!
Amazingly a lot of my collegues are employees of NI.They have a R&D centre in bangalore as well!

Last edited:
hi @Richard Lee Peralez
I have NI's my-rio board too! It is just fantastic to work around with this board! The problem though is you need a very costly software Lab-View to program it which costs upward of $6000 in india! But the ease of programming my-rio board is unmatched- all you need to know is the logic of your engineering project rest everything else is taken care by Lab-view-i guess thats why it is priced that way! I mean previously one would use embedded c to program various boards out there for data acquisition and control but now with the help of NI's board one can bypass all that coding.

PS- i designed my very own data acquisition system based around simple arduino to work in slave mode to raspberry pi which then was being ssh'ed and vnc'ed from my ipad over a wlan.My profile picture is my very own creation!
Amazingly a lot of my collegues are employees of NI.They have a R&D centre in bangalore as well!

We had an institutional license for Lab-view, indeed fun to work with..

Fun-Fact! First job offer I ever received was from NI and that time they were paying a princely sum of 7 Lakhs INR for their Bangalore center. I was very close to taking it - basically it was b/w D.E. Shaw and NI with D.E. Shaw paying better and so I opted for D.E. Shaw but then later same day I got an offer from Schlumberger which I had sat for in earlier in the day but was kept in waiting. I still remember the tension of the placement days..
Ultimately I didn't join any of them and went for higher studies..

I wonder how my life would have been had I opted for a job just then.. Wouldn't have met my wife and probably wouldn't have been able to retire so early..

Anyway If you don't mind me asking how old are you? Just asking to get a sense of your career progression.

We had an institutional license for Lab-view, indeed fun to work with..

Fun-Fact! First job offer I ever received was from NI and that time they were paying a princely sum of 7 Lakhs INR for their Bangalore center. I was very close to taking it - basically it was b/w D.E. Shaw and NI with D.E. Shaw paying better and so I opted for D.E. Shaw but then later same day I got an offer from Schlumberger which I had sat for in earlier in the day but was kept in waiting. I still remember the tension of the placement days..
Ultimately I didn't join any of them and went for higher studies..

I wonder how my life would have been had I opted for a job just then.. Wouldn't have met my wife and probably wouldn't have been able to retire so early..

Anyway If you don't mind me asking how old are you? Just asking to get a sense of your career progression.

@Spectre
Age is just a number it might give you decent heuristics but is not directly proportional to one's IQ!I am 25-IITM aerospace. For more detailed info you can find me on linked in or facebook!

@Spectre
Age is just a number it might give you decent heuristics but is not directly proportional to one's IQ!I am 25-IITM aerospace. For more detailed info you can find me on linked in or facebook!

Nah! Man.. I am well aware of your prodigious talent..

I basically didn't know how to address you during non - technical discussions.. As a peer since I am in my 40s or as a young man meaning I can dispense with honorifics..

Glad to know Powai is still churning out the good stuff, we Delhi guys had a healthy rivalry with you of-course in my days ..

Carry on and don't mind me..

Glad to know Powai is still churning out the good stuff, we Delhi guys had a healthy rivalry with you of-course in my days .

@Spectre
No No,not Mumbai but madras! It would be great if you can tell me your facebook name so that i can contact you there!

@Spectre
No No,not Mumbai but madras! It would be great if you can tell me your facebook name so that i can contact you there!

I am not in social media, never joined Facebook, twitter etc.. Was there in Linkedin when I was working regularly but haven't used it in couple of years..

Sorry mate, however you can have my gmail.... It's not my primary but I still check it occasionally.

P.S. been advised not to share..

Hello,
I am Dr. Bilal, the students' advisor. Unfortunately, Express Tribune did not include video of testfire of Raheel 1. This can be seen on youtube. I am not old enough on this forum to be able to post links. You can search for "first hybrid rocket pakistan" on YouTube. There are two videos of the first and third test. Perhaps someone else should post the links. Will be happy to answer your questions.

Yes we used NI's MyRio board, and I had asked the journalists not to take pictures of proprietary equipment....but they did their own thing in the end

Pics look like they have are from an 8th grade science exhibition.
Can the poster share genuine pics of the vessel, engines, fuel containers etc etc... ?
By the way a way too good article for a prototype in its budding stage after all.

Hello,
I am Dr. Bilal, the students' advisor. Unfortunately, Express Tribune did not include video of testfire of Raheel 1. This can be seen on youtube. I am not old enough on this forum to be able to post links. You can search for "first hybrid rocket pakistan" on YouTube. There are two videos of the first and third test. Perhaps someone else should post the links. Will be happy to answer your questions.

Yes we used NI's MyRio board, and I had asked the journalists not to take pictures of proprietary equipment....but they did their own thing in the end
This is impressive work Dr sahib, long may your success continue.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom