What's new

The Next French Infantry Rifle Is German – Heckler & Koch Reportedly WINS French AIF

Vergennes

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
France
@SMS Derfflinger @Bismarck @Bundeswehr If true,congratzz guys. ;-)
-
HK416France-660x440.png

According to an as of yet uncorroborated report from the French publication RETEX MAG, the next French rifle will be a variant of the German-made Heckler & Koch HK416. The report cites notices sent out to the five participants in the French Army’s AIF (Arme Individuelle du Futur – Future Individual Weapon) program, which allegedly called the contest a win for the Rottweil-based gunmaker. From RETEX’s Facebook page:

Which machine translates to:

HK wins the market of the aif
Even if the info is not yet officially communicated, the 5 finalists received their mail indicating if they have been retained or not… the market of the aif is therefore attributed to HK Gmbh in partnership with HK France SAS.
Expect when even the exit of the info on the OJ.

TFB reported last month that the French rifle competition had downselected to entrants from the Belgian company Fabrique Nationale and German Heckler & Koch, which indicated that the competition’s end was fast approaching.

While we haven’t yet received positive confirmation of Heckler & Koch’s win, the expectation has been that the decision could be released any day, and it stands to reason that the manufacturers would be notified before an official announcement is made.

Therefore, expect confirmation – or possibly denial – of this report within a few days.

Since this is an unconfirmed report and not an official announcement, there is also no word yet on whether the rifles are slated to be produced in Germany, or license-produced in France, although I would expect the latter.

Interestingly, if this report turns out to be correct, then TFB’s prediction of four years ago that the HK416 would become the next French service rifle will have proven very prescient indeed.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...reportedly-wins-french-aif-rifle-competition/

-
HK416France-660x440.png

According to an as of yet uncorroborated report from the French publication RETEX MAG, the next French rifle will be a variant of the German-made Heckler & Koch HK416. The report cites notices sent out to the five participants in the French Army’s AIF (Arme Individuelle du Futur – Future Individual Weapon) program, which allegedly called the contest a win for the Rottweil-based gunmaker. From RETEX’s Facebook page:

Even if the info is not yet officially communicated, the 5 finalists received their mail indicating if they have been retained or not… the market of the aif is therefore attributed to HK Gmbh in partnership with HK France SAS.

TFB reported last month that the French rifle competition had downselected to entrants from the Belgian company Fabrique Nationale and German Heckler & Koch, which indicated that the competition’s end was fast approaching.

While we haven’t yet received positive confirmation of Heckler & Koch’s win, the expectation has been that the decision could be released any day, and it stands to reason that the manufacturers would be notified before an official announcement is made.

Therefore, expect confirmation – or possibly denial – of this report within a few days.

Since this is an unconfirmed report and not an official announcement, there is also no word yet on whether the rifles are slated to be produced in Germany, or license-produced in France, although I would expect the latter.

Interestingly, if this report turns out to be correct, then TFB’s prediction of four years ago that the HK416 would become the next French service rifle will have proven very prescient indeed.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...reportedly-wins-french-aif-rifle-competition/

Great choice. I always liked the FAMAS though. Did nexter enter a contestant for this?

I will be getting the semi-auto equivalent of 416 for christmas hehe....

Great choice. I always liked the FAMAS though. Did nexter enter a contestant for this?

No,it didn't. Though,there was the Thales F90... but it was made by the australian Thales subsidiary ...... All the contenders should have been european.

HK416 is a great choice,with great capabilities,praised by special forces units (who adopted the 416 en masse...)
The SCAR is a good rifle,but I learned that some units phased it out due to various problems..... @Zarvan

Oh,and it has a great look !

hk4.jpg

I will be getting the semi-auto equivalent of 416 for christmas hehe....

The Mr223 ? ;-)
Congratz. :enjoy:

The M223 ? ;-)
Congratz. :enjoy:

Yup! Add to my SL-8 (G-36)

HK overpriced princess guns....but hey whacha gonna do....they look so damn nice...and perform quite well too!

BTW, what will happen to all the FAMAS? They go into reserve? Whats in the reserve stocks right now?

Yup! Add to my SL-8 (G-36)

HK overpriced princess guns....but hey whacha gonna do....they look so damn nice...and perform quite well too!

BTW, what will happen to all the FAMAS? They go into reserve? Whats in the reserve stocks right now?

I have learned on french forums that ;

-All the Famas will be destroyed in the future.
-They will all be kept til all the new rifles are delivered. (+101.000 delivered over 14 years.) At least til 2031 minimum.
-When the moment arrives,30.000 Famas would be kept (the rest destroyed) in storage as pecaution,but would be destroyed in the long term.

I have learned on french forums that ;

-All the Famas will be destroyed in the future.
-They will all be kept til all the new rifles are delivered. (+101.000 delivered over 14 years.) At least til 2031 minimum.
-When the moment arrives,30.000 Famas would be kept (the rest destroyed) in storage as pecaution,but would be destroyed in the long term.

You guys could convert it all to semi-auto and sell in North American civilian market! I always grab a deal when I can when military reserves come on sale....last time it was a cpl turkish shotguns.....before that I got an M-14 (converted) from korean war reserve.

Do you guys have anything in reserve right now? (I ask for same reason as they can come on sale in Canada :D)

You guys could convert it all to semi-auto and sell in North American civilian market! I always grab a deal when I can when military reserves come on sale....last time it was a cpl turkish shotguns.....before that I got an M-14 (converted) from korean war reserve.

Do you guys have anything in reserve right now? (I ask for same reason as they can come on sale in Canada :D)

Well,we produced more than 400.000 Famas,I guess most of them are in storage ? @Taygibay
What ? Are there people really willing to acquire it ? :D

Well,we produced more than 400.000 Famas,I guess most of them are in storage ? @Taygibay

I'd buy one. Mostly knowing it would be converted to semi-auto only....and that means I can convert it if need be to fully auto should the time arise for it :P (probably why RCMP hates these kinds of rifles)

Thats if the pesky RCMP dont declare it as illegal to begin with because it looks "dangerous". They almost did that with the sig 550 and cz-58 i remember a year ago or so...rendering people that already purchased it as criminals overnight (if the ban proposal stuck which it didnt as it was a parting gift by harper before he got booted out hehe). Anyways there are other examples of this crap done by Canada govt but its a long story :P

But there is a huge market for it even in Canada....and US is even bigger of course for military reserve rifles as they leave the reserve.

France should look into it instead of just destroying these!

-
HK416France-660x440.png

After SCAR I consider it to be best Gun in the World by the was SCAR H tested or SCAR L ?

congrats bro @Vergennes. I would like to ask does France also use HK417?

We still have to wait the official confirmation !
Yes,we bought a limited number of HK417 to replace the FRF2 in Afghanistan. ;-)

001_211-37e1975.jpg

After SCAR I consider it to be best Gun in the World by the was SCAR H tested or SCAR L ?

I think it was the Scar L.

feli.jpg

felin.jpg

will the HK-416s be produced under license or just directly imported?

And so was mine when I made it versus a troll claiming France would not buy a German gun.
I sadly don't remember either troll or thread! :lol:

Are there people really willing to acquire it ? :D

Chances are they'd all sell in a very short time!

And yes, SCAR L was the candidate.

Short time to reveal so good wait all, Tay.

If you can sell them for $500-$700 (since you were going to destroy them anyway..any price should be a good price for you) people will buy it like crazy...another good thing is this will be a really good boost for you in the US market...you can introduce other products later.

Thats right, this information as been released today by inside Portuguese Army, the HK416 will "probably" be the next French Rifle, the sources must be HK and they are using this to press the portuguese to choose the HK416 too. They have also said that we will buy HK417 jointly in 7,62mm.
Good luck to both FR and PO

Back
Top Bottom