What's new

THE NATION'S FUTURE

Niaz,
The only thing I can say and which I have been saying that what happened in East Pakistan was due to the fact that Bengalis forgot that they are Muslims and we also forgot the same fact. Saddam fought with Iran and Kuwait because he was power hungry and forgot the lesson of Islam. The suicide bombers are not following the true Islam that’s why they are blowing people.

I agree with you that there are many ‘Maulvis’ which are exploiting Islam but they should not influence our beliefs.

agnostic muslim:

I think there's been a misunderstanding between our posts. I share a different view than some of the posters who seem to agree with me on islam as a guideline for the country.

I don't abhor culture, nor do i say that we should eradicate it from society. Even if some pakistani's are not muslim or do not follow islam, they still should share culture with the rest of the population. I'm sure you've seen Junaid Jamshed interviews, whereas he discusses the importance of appreciating our culture leading to him starting his clothing line.

the vast majority of pakistani's just don't appreciate the culture, how we dress for work, formal ceremonies, weddings, school, or any other event makes it evident. we should push for acceptance of our culture and roots among the masses, that is also a goal of mine. I hope to rid my society of the "enslaved" attitudes conditioned on musims of the subcontinent by the british.

however, i am certain that islam is the only cure right now for our society. From what i can see here, some people think some supposed practising muslims are corrupt and so forth. it's important to realize that we may attempt to follow the sunnah of the Prophet Salallahu Alaihi wa salam, yet we are very weak in imaan.

we can pray five times a day, yet we are still facing problems. the real problems that we have, as predicted by the Prophet, are fear of death and love for the world. It is also mentioned in hadith(i'm not going to state word for word, i can't remember), that we will give up enjoining maruf and forbiding the munkar. meaning, we will not tell others to do good or invite people to islam nor will we stop people from doing evil.

we must go on a campaign in pakistan to remind our muslim brothers, regardless of what they may be, to stay together with the muslims and hold on to the rope of Allah, the guidance of Allah. I urge everyone here to actually do something rather than discuss our concerns. unfortunately, we have programs broadcasted by GEO tv, where they repeatedly claim that the people have had a victory against the armed forces.

they are brainwashing the minds of our youth through the media and the deceptions of azaadi, fornication, free speech, insaf. these are all deceptions and are taking us away from our real aim, survival. whether we have good living conditions or free speech does not matter as much as the survival of this country.

I've seen some people here harshly criticize afghani's and i must say that i am dissappointed. I KNOW that Pakistani's are better then people of Afghanistan and will not stoop down to their level. the only people in afghanistan who hate pakistan are the tajiks, darri, hazaras, uzbek, pretty much the entire northern alliance. yet, it is the pashtuns that we have some common ground with and we have always supported a pashtun led govt. we must remind pashtuns of afghanistan that pakistan has always been there for them and that we should unite.

we must talk of forming a confederation among the nations and uniting to become a great power, just like we did in the 1950's. Zahir Shah even started to look seriously into the matter and was convinced until his family member overthrew him. we must also remind balochi's that stick together means protection from threats. we must remind them that it is Allah's command and Order that we should stay together and going against that means going against Allah.

agnostic muslim:

as for Justice Bhagwandas, i agree with you, he should be able to do something that does not conflict with his religious beliefs. however, a real islamic govt. does not, in anyway, come in the way of non-muslims religious belief, except for prostelyzation(christian preachers).

during the time of Prophet Muhammad, sharia law was not enforced on non-believers. He would judge the Jews according to their own hebrew laws because they would rather go to him than their own rabbi's. He was the most trustworthy man, they would even leave their money with him for safekeeping.

If there is an Islamic govt. that judges muslims by sharia law, there should be a parallel set of secular law for most other religious groups(except jews, since they use judaic law). there is nothing wrong in having a separate set of laws for non-muslims and actually will be quite appreciated by non-muslims.

Development in pakistan for all lets examine it shall we, obviously most of you will dusagree with the truth.

Past 60 years of development has been concentrated on sindh and punjab, and between those two punjab has been the most favoured.

Balochistan and nwfp has seen little or no development within these 60 years, now development has moved towards balochistan because vast natural resources have been discovered, which are being exploited by the goverment, this does not benefit the people of balochistan, and dont say gawadar because once again that serves the goverments and chinas interests and not the local population.

These resources from balochistan are being supplied to vastly punjab and sindh, mainly natural gas yet local population has to use wood for fuel. The government makes huge profits and improves the infrastructure in punjab and sindh and throws scraps at nwfp and balochistan.

Agricultural loans have been provided mostly in punjab and sindh, while the other two provinces haven't seen any benefits of that and had lack of financial help.

Developments for these areas is 60 years too late, it makes you think why not then but now, is it because we have natural resources that the sindhi punjabi dominated government wish to rob us off in the name of development.

There will be those who say oh that but pashtoons were in goverment, ok so ayyub you may be thinking of, well he was from hazara he was not a pushtoon, hazaras are not pashtoon people even though they are in nwfp. Others who may have been in goverment were coconuts, pushtoons who couldnt even speak their own sacred mother tongue.

there was no baloch prime minister or president or any other high profile office held, and i doubt that there will be a high profile baloch person in office as our society has no justice.
Now we got the army in our land killing us in the name of development and war against terror, yet its ok for missiles to be fired at from across the border killing innocent people.

democracy and unity will improve pakistan, well thats a pipe dream, because punjabis breed like rabbits so they will always have a numerical advantage.

So work to improve a system that cannot be improved, why let our resources be robbed, why just not be awaara and know that you beleived or died for a cause.

Past 60 years of development has been concentrated on sindh and punjab, and between those two punjab has been the most favoured.
i agree with the punjab part, yet sindh is deserving of its wealth. the migrants of karachi had to start from literally nothing and now karachi is a mega city. karachi generates more than 65% of pakistan's wealth, yet most of the money is channeled to punjab. however, you didn't see the inhabitants of karachi demanding independence did you?
Balochistan and nwfp has seen little or no development within these 60 years, now development has moved towards balochistan because vast natural resources have been discovered, which are being exploited by the goverment, this does not benefit the people of balochistan, and dont say gawadar because once again that serves the goverments and chinas interests and not the local population.
Exactly how does this not benefit the population of balochistan? do you think that all the balochi people should be given royalties for oil or gas which, by the way, they are not refining themselves? Are they developing their own machines or actually searching for oil themselves. It's like saying that my woman, children, and wealth will belong to you when i enter balochistan.

I have news for you buddy, nothing in this world is free and land does not belong to you. unfortunately, you have to work for a living. I agree that the govt. should have done more to build schools. besides, the infrastructure that will be developed in balochistan will in the long-term benefit the people. Roads, highways, railroads, schools, airports, and seaports will be built, generating much jobs and revenues.

These resources from balochistan are being supplied to vastly punjab and sindh, mainly natural gas yet local population has to use wood for fuel. The government makes huge profits and improves the infrastructure in punjab and sindh and throws scraps at nwfp and balochistan.
pipe down, we all live without power. that's going to continue for a long time. you'd be surprised how many people live in villages without power in sindh alone. why should you live any differently? The govt. has been bankrupt for some time now, but things are starting to improve without gwadar any way.

Developments for these areas is 60 years too late, it makes you think why not then but now, is it because we have natural resources that the sindhi punjabi dominated government wish to rob us off in the name of development.
is that why you start resistance movements every time afghanistan is occupied? Tell me, why are balochi people fighting against the govt. when it is finally being developed? Please explain to me from where are the BLA getting there weapons from?

There will be those who say oh that but pashtoons were in goverment, ok so ayyub you may be thinking of, well he was from hazara he was not a pushtoon, hazaras are not pashtoon people even though they are in nwfp. Others who may have been in goverment were coconuts, pushtoons who couldnt even speak their own sacred mother tongue.
actually, yahya khan was also pashtun. that's about i think at least ten years, right? better yet, the real govt. lies within the ISI, which is overwhelmingly pashtun dominated and i doubt they can't converse in pashtu. Also just a note, do you think any other person supporting pakistan is coconut?

The most important thing to remember is that we cannot even interfere with the pashtun tribes, according to the agreement we made with them. I am against army action which is in violation, however it's pretty difficult to say no to the US. if you think you can say "no" to them and stop, please feel free to do so.

you won't have much luck in pashtunistan propoganda, the pasthuns are the proud defenders of this nation and most of the tribes are against mehsud and even recently requested the army to take action against them.
there was no baloch prime minister or president or any other high profile office held, and i doubt that there will be a high profile baloch person in office as our society has no justice.
Now we got the army in our land killing us in the name of development and war against terror, yet its ok for missiles to be fired at from across the border killing innocent people.
Are you sure there was no balochi prime minister? I'm sure i've heard of one and i think he goes by the name Zafarullah Khan Jamali. Oh, by the way he is an authentic "katta" balochi. Besides, your sardars have been running your govt. for a long time now including Bughti. you wouldn't believe how much royalty was given to him.

democracy and unity will improve pakistan, well thats a pipe dream, because punjabis breed like rabbits so they will always have a numerical advantage.
Muslims breed like rabbits and islam will be the solution. Remember it's an order from Allah to stay together, it'll do you well to remember that. the people of gwadar are happy with the development and some inhabitants have become rich overnight.

So you can zip your mouth shut with the propoganda because it'll do you no good here. Causing fitna is even punishable by death in the Qur'an and is even more worse than Qatal(murder). Remember that land doesn't belong to you, you belong to the land and will return to it.

I personally ask for forgiveness on this person's behalf to any members who have been offended here. i hope none of you will take his comments to heart.

I am not causing fitna, i am stating fact and truth, just because quran says this crime is punishable in this way doesnt always mean that is what you must do. Thats why we imprison people rather then hanging etc most of the time.

I can never give support those elements who wish to harm people of pakistan regardless of sinhdi, punjabi etc.

BLA activities in balochistan can never be justified, how ever there cause for greater equality and autonomy is well justified.

Speaking facts doesn't necessarily makes a person a traitor or someone who holds separatist ideas.

Awaaz:

You say the Punjabis will always be a majority, well so would the Pashtun in Afghanistan, and then the minorities in Afghanistan would be complaining about "Pashtun Domination", and indeed already are.

The only solution here would be to split the entire world into little nations encompassing single ethnic groups, but then the Tribes would start fighting each other, arguing that the bigger tribe is "usurping their resources", so where will this stop?

The cause of any province to have provincial autonomy and greater administrative control is justified, indeed it is the only way to move forward without creating the impression of one ethnic group controlling the progress of the nation, and you acknowledge this, yet at the same time you suggest that "being awaara" is the only option.

One suggestion, if you decide to stick to your "awaara pan", please do so in the UK.

When you refuse to participate in the political process to bring about change and advocate "awaarapan", you are indeed advocating and spreading "fitna", because in the absence of s proper political process and strong institutions you have what is going on in FATA, and that cannot be tolerated in any nation.

On the issue of the recent development, I would like to point out that unequal development is a hallmark of any nation. Look at the US for example, over here the Southern States have only recently started attracting investment, and even now remain far behind on a lot of issues that the North.

Pakistan has had flawed policies in the past, but only dialog through the political process can bring about change - ask the South Africans and ask the African Americans - they accomplished it against odds that Pakistan cannot hold a candle to . "Awaarapan" will only lead us into becoming Rwanda or Kenya.

P.S: I really find your dismissal of the Pashtun leaders in Pakistan's history disingenuous. Just because they do not fit your argument of "victimization" they are not "true Pashtun". Have some courage to do some introspection as well.

The entire Muslim world is beset with this disease of blaming everyone except yourself for your problems. Its the Amreeki, Yahoodi, Hindu, Punjabi etc. etc.

awaaz, if it's autonomy you want, why didn't you state it earlier? you made it sound as if you wanted to break the country. I will apologize for my harsh statement, but next time be careful with the ethnic card.

The constitution of 1973 calls for provincial autonomy, it's only because of the intervention of the military, we haven't had it so far. however, things will change starting with baluchistan. they will probably be given full autonomy, NWFP and FATA will be renamed Pakhtunkhwa or maybe Sarhad, and so forth.

Back
Top Bottom