What's new

The National Anthems of China and the United States (with 21 Gun Salute)

i never understood why chinese people cares so much for formalities. all in all, nothing much came out of this trip by Hu. it was just a big photo-op.

and i think the chinese anthem is fine. i'm kinda attached to it.

Formality is needed for officials. US politicians are also formal, but they also need to work the public.

We are generally a bit too formal. It wouldn't hurt to have a mix of some of Indian's party sense.

Face to face diplomacy is still absolutely necessary and relevant in this age of e-mails, tv, and other less human means of communication.

Too, President Hu made some constructive statements that helped in minor ways to move the political process inside China more and more toward not just free enterprise economically but toward a more people centered, hoped for eventual Chinese version of democracy there.

i never understood why chinese people cares so much for formalities. all in all, nothing much came out of this trip by Hu. it was just a big photo-op.

and i think the chinese anthem is fine. i'm kinda attached to it.

In this video, China's President Hu Jintao meets with U.S. Senate Leader Harry Reid.

"AFP | January 20, 2011

The day after a gala state dinner at the White House, Chinese President Hu Jintao continued his state visit on Thursday by meeting with US senators at the Capitol building."

[If the video says it's blocked, just double-click on it and you can still watch it.]

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest I belive they could have made a better national anthem for china

I can't disagree more, but then I did grew up in the mainland and it reminds me of countless mornings of calisthenic drills on dusty parade grounds.

No they couldnt, the national anthem is a reminder of china's darkest days in history.

The anthem was written in the 1930s. It's a relic, just like many of China's other relics (which was stolen by the British and French).

Back
Top Bottom