What's new

The Most Powerful Army That You've Never Heard Of

And I disagree with your looking into it. Plain and simple..

We are mainly here to discuss current events and the current geopolitical and military situation of said country in this case UAE. Or what? When we evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of a army we are interested in looking at the current realities not something that happened 25 years ago when the times were completely different or 1000 years ago which is even further back in time.

You can draw parallels whenever a similar situation emerges but so far this is not the case. The proof of burden is thus on you.

No military analyst will agree with your claim of the current realities of the UAE army equalling mercenaries. It's just simply wrong. It reminds me of those clowns that are busy telling the world that non-Arab pilots are flying the Arab air forces.:lol:

Last edited:
We are mainly here to discuss current events and the current geopolitical and military situation of said country in this case UAE? When we evaluate their strengths and weaknesses we are interested in looking at the current realities not something that happened 25 years ago or 1000 years ago.

No military analyst will agree with your claim of the current realities of the UAE equalling mercenaries. It's just simply wrong.

No, you are here for that, please do not speak for everybody else as you are not their spokesperson. As far as I know, you do not have a military analyst backing up your claim.

@Capt.Popeye
How would you define military cooperation vis-a-vis the UAE and its partner nations in the early 80s and 90's?

@Dazzler @Najam Khan

How many Pakistani pilots were deputed in the UAE to train them and fly for them earlier on?

To troll...... oops...... to debate or not to debate? 8-)

No, you are here for that, please do not speak for everybody else as you are not their spokesperson. As far as I know, you do not have a military analyst backing up your claim.

@Capt.Popeye
How would you define military cooperation vis-a-vis the UAE and its partner nations in the early 80s and 90's?

@Dazzler @Najam Khan

How many Pakistani pilots were deputed in the UAE to train them and fly for them earlier on?

:lol:

I am talking about the current events. How hard can it be to understand? You are busy trying to turn this thread into events that took place 20-30 years ago. Wonder why?

Yes, because no military analyst would consider the CURRENT UAE (had to shout there) army as equalling mercenaries. Simple as that. End of discussion for my part. You can continue what you are doing here as it is obvious what you are trying to start here.

Once again UAE's population 20-30 years back was 500.000. Big achievement and very strange that they needed help from a country of 140 million people and with British inherited military traditions and a army based on the British model. Mercenary anyone?

Might as well start to compare the military situation/strength of the various ethnic groups of today's Pakistan (back then Pakistan did not exist obviously anyway) with that of the Arabs 1000 years ago. Would make as much sense with all due respect.

I am out.

Last edited:
So no real war experience? That, Sir, is just a green Army.
Is that supposed to be a bad thing? :what: I would rather have the Pakistan army that has no real combat experience then an army that is experienced, as a result of a war. Peace is the ideal situation just because you have an army does not mean it should be used, and definitely not as a pretext to gain combat experience.

Is that supposed to be a bad thing? :what: I would rather have the Pakistan army that has no real combat experience then an army that is experienced, as a result of a war. Peace is the ideal situation just because you have an army does not mean it should be used, and definitely not as a pretext to gain combat experience.

Yes, especially as the Pakistan army, as good or bad as it might be, is unable to create full stability in the country. If Pakistan was not engaged in that conflict with India or bordered a country such as Afghanistan you guys might have focused on things that are actually of utmost importance.

Such as economic progress, security, stability etc. You get my drift.

So no real war experience? That, Sir, is just a green Army.

Let's assume that UAE had a major war 50 years ago. How relevant would that be in this current year? How many soldiers, officers (in service) etc. would be left from that war? None is the answer. Of course it is obviously a positive thing military wise to have a army that was engaged in a war but that must be a recent war. 25-30 years ago is even too long ago nowadays. Compare the current armies of Iraq and Kuwait for instance (Gulf War). Can Iraq use the fact that they had one of the most powerful armies in the region (if not the world - on paper at least) 30 years ago when we look at their current situation in any positive way? Of course not.

Last edited:
Yes, especially as the Pakistan army, as good or bad as it might be, is unable to create full stability in the country. If Pakistan was not engaged in that conflict with India or bordered a country such as Afghanistan you guys might have focused on things that are actually of utmost importance.
yeah, at least our Army is busy cleaning up the mess left by the Saudis in Afghanistan which had a direct impact on Pakistan, let us see how much UAE or KSA react when they come face to face with guerrilla insurgents.
these wars have at least given the Pakistan army a label that it is not a green Army and has been involved in many major conflicts unlike the UAE whose army has been sitting idle.
and i fail to grasp the idea as to why you give examples of the great Arab empire which is 1000s of years old while you cannot accept a situation that happened 20 years ago?

Let's assume that UAE had a major war 50 years ago. How relevant would that be in this current year? How many soldiers, officers (in service) etc. would be left from that war? None is the answer. Of course it is obviously a positive thing military wise to have a army that was engaged in a war but that must be a recent war. 25-30 years ago is even too long ago nowadays. Compare the current armies of Iraq and Kuwait for instance (Gulf War). Can Iraq use the fact that they had one of the most powerful armies in the region (if not the world - on paper at least) 30 years ago when we look at their current situation in any positive way? Of course not.

If you see a post that you deem against the rules or offensive report it to a mod rather than what you seem to do, which is informing the mods and in the very exact same post something that is just as offensive or even worse.You shouldn't be surprised when the mods don’t deal with it when your doing the exact same thing that your protesting about.

yeah, at least our Army is busy cleaning up the mess left by the Saudis in Afghanistan which had a direct impact on Pakistan, let us see how much UAE or KSA react when they come face to face with guerrilla insurgents.
these wars have at least given the Pakistan army a label that it is not a green Army and has been involved in many major conflicts unlike the UAE whose army has been sitting idle.
and i fail to grasp the idea as to why you give examples of the great Arab empire which is 1000s of years old while you cannot accept a situation that happened 20 years ago?
When are you gonna take responsibly of your own actions.
Come out of denial mode.

When are you gonna take responsibly of your own actions.
Come out of denial mode.
we allowed a country to use our country as a base to destroy another country, so they should have at least cleaned uo their mess, which are normal mannerisms

we allowed a country to use our country as a base to destroy another country, so they should have at least cleaned uo their mess, which are normal mannerisms
1. You used that situation as much as you could yourself, in order to get strategic depth in AFG in disguise of taliban.

2. Manners in war? That wasn't a kitty party dear. There is no manner in war, only honor.

Your army was instrumental in arming the same Taliban that has now turned against you. It's a well-known fact. KSA had little to do with it in comparison. It was mainly the US and Pakistan (ISI). It happened in your backyard not our too.

KSA already faced a insurgency in the 2000's involving Al-Qaeda (later merged into AQAP - the most powerful branch of Al-Qaeda) and we came out successfully.

Who has denied anything about the Pakistani army having more experience than UAE? Is that something to brag about?

Who told you that? Events that took place 25 years ago are just as relevant as events that took place 1000 years ago (almost) as we live in a totally different reality.

See my example with Iraq and Kuwait for instance.

If you see a post that you deem against the rules or offensive report it to a mod rather than what you seem to do, which is informing the mods and in the very exact same post something that is just as offensive or even worse.You shouldn't be surprised when the mods don’t deal with it when your doing the exact same thing that your protesting about.

What I have been doing in the past has worked 99,9% of the time. The problem with this thread was that Oscar left obvious troll posts intact instead of deleting them and then wondered why I replied to the insults. If they had been removed nobody would have replied to them. Simple.

Your army was instrumental in arming the same Taliban that has now turned against you. It's a well-known fact. KSA had little to do with it in comparison. It was mainly the US and Pakistan (ISI).

KSA already faced a insurgency in the 2000's involving Al-Qaeda (later merged into AQAP - the most powerful branch of Al-Qaeda) and we came out successfully.

Who has denied anything about the Pakistani army having more experience than UAE? Is that something to brag about?

Who told you that? Events that took place 25 years ago are just as relevant as events that took place 1000 years ago (almost) as we live in a totally different reality.

See my example with Iraq and Kuwait for instance.
you were just arguing with Oscar, that events that happened 25 years ago are irrelevant.
you were the ones who were sending fighters and huge amounts of money.
yes it is something to brag about.
one does not simply come out of an insurgency so quickly, so i doubt it was so great

Back
Top Bottom