What's new

The Moral Collapse and gradual break down of American/Western Society

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy is trying to tell us about a moral collapse in America when a girl was stoned to death outside a high court in Pakistan a few days ago lol.

This guy is trying to tell us about a moral collapse in America when a girl was stoned to death outside a high court in Pakistan a few days ago lol.

A pregnant women at that.

Actually...His criticism still applies. The Pakistani woman who married against family's will is the one with the moral lapse. It is good that she was killed by her own kin to discourage other women from doing the same. Essentially, it is containment of moral decay. From this perspective, it is the Pakistani society that is the superior to the US.

If only we Americans are this courageous...:(

Am only providing a comparison, which is sorely needed when the US is an immigration goal for many.
But, this isn't a comparison thread.

Surely it is your mission in life to save as many as possible from American immorality, no ?
No, but rather to highlight these social issues and spread awareness to the average couch potato/brain dead sheeple who is too lazy to bother with reality and do his/her own research and instead depends on the mainstream media to do the thinking for them, the same media, 90% of which is politically correct and hypersexualized.

Actually...His criticism still applies. The Pakistani woman who married against family's will is the one with the moral lapse. It is good that she was killed by her own kin to discourage other women from doing the same. Essentially, it is containment of moral decay. From this perspective, it is the Pakistani society that is the superior to the US.

If only we Americans are this courageous...:(
I can't understand why you have the urge to drag Pakistan into a thread that has absolutely nothing to do with it. If you want to open a thread about Pakistani women being killed then be my guest, but please show some professionalism Mr. so called "PROFESSIONAL" and stop dragging Pakistan into this thread otherwise i will report your off topic posts to the mods.

Look at it this way...

For a Briton, given a choice between the US and Britain, he would chose Britain. Not because his life would be any significantly less qualitative in terms of physical comforts and legal rights, but because Britain is more socially and culturally agreeable with him. What about a Texan or a New Yorker ? Of course either would chose the US and of course either would do so because of culture and less of issues like physical comforts or legal rights. I use physical comforts and legal rights as limited examples. There are more but am sure you are smart enough to infer what I am talking about.

Now...For the woman who was stoned to death by her relatives...

Pregnant Pakistani woman stoned to death by her family

If given a choice between the US or Britain, which would she chose ?

Both the US and Britain have similar immoralities relating to the article posted here. Drugs, premarital sex, inadequate schooling, and on and on...

So if all the choices this woman have are the US and Britain, where would she go ?

Let me guess, she would chose neither because she is shocked at the drugs, premarital sex and poor education her child would be victim to, right ?

Yah...:rolleyes:

You can look at objective parameters such as standard of living, average gdp per capita, hdi, health care quality, etc.. Canada fares better than the US for example. Obviously the US is not a bad place to live in overall but no one is saying that in the first place. At the same time, you also have some social problems. To deny them based on the fact that people from third world countries still want to immigrate, is shoddy logic. It merely illustrates that the problems are not as bad as is made out to be in the sensationalist article in the OP.

You can look at objective parameters such as standard of living, average gdp per capita, hdi, health care quality, etc.. Canada fares better than the US for example. Obviously the US is not a bad place to live in overall but no one is saying that in the first place. At the same time, you also have some social problems. To deny them based on the fact that people from third world countries still want to immigrate, is shoddy logic. It merely illustrates that the problems are not as bad as is made out to be in the sensationalist article in the OP.
A friend is a civil engineer, specifically traffic. He is God of all the traffic lights and transportation planning. I learned a lot from him. In traffic, there is no such thing as 'fast' or 'slow'. There is only 'faster' or 'slower'. Every vehicle's speed is relative to each other. So it is technically incorrect to portray each vehicle -- that is in motion -- as a standalone entity, like 'a fast car'. What is 'fast' or 'slow' to start ? But if you say A is 20 km FASTER than B, then it give everyone frames of references from which they can do their own calculations.

Who is denying that the US have our own social problems ? No American here does. But the traffic analogy is eminently applicable. If you say that A is 200 km faster than B, then it is only natural -- human nature -- that people will discard whatever speed B is doing and focus on A. Yes, we have plenty of social ills, some homegrown, some imported, and given the interconnectedness of the countries these days, it is tough, if not impossible, to distinguish which from which.

So it is patently absurd to bring out our social ills as a standalone entity. It gives people no frames of references simply because it is our human nature to make comparisons. But not only is your objection absurd, it is condescending as well. You are basically saying to everyone: 'You are too stupid to make comparisons and decide for yourselves, even if only in the abstract, so let me do your thinking for you.'

If you, and others, are that confident that our social ills are that much more terrible to humanity, then what are you afraid of allowing people to make comparisons ?

One person's immorality is another's normal. Seeing society move away from religion is what I think bothers some people. That is a perfectly understandable opinion, but it isn't the only opinion.

Black girls spread more? And yes, Tyra Banks show, your first post contained a link to the article, coincidentally it's a different survey than the one you linked now.

Tyra ‘shocked’ by risky teen sex - Parenting & Family - TODAY.com

I quoted both links in my post, though it seems you intentionally left out mentioning the second one just to take a cheap shot at the sources. Though, the Tyra one only reinforces the facts mentioned in the USA-Today link.

Here is the direct source from the CDC (Center for Disease Control and Prevention) website which is a American gov.t website, and it clearly states the following:

Chicago (March 11, 2008) – A CDC study released today estimates that one in four (26 percent) young women between the ages of 14 and 19 in the United States – or 3.2 million teenage girls – is infected with at least one of the most common sexually transmitted diseases (human papillomavirus (HPV), chlamydia, herpes simplex virus, and trichomoniasis).

Press Release 11 March - 2008 National STD Prevention Conference

Where is proof that all teenagers go drive drunk?
Whoever said "all" teenagers go drive drunk???

Where is proof that what they are smoking isn't legally obtained "bath salt" or "herbal incense"? And for all the drunk drivers you speak of, all i saw were soft drinks, beer and maybe a cider. And cigar's and cigarettes.

Clearly, you are pretending as if you are not aware of the ground realities. But to your disappointment you are not fooling me since i have grown up in America.

Now, to address your above points, here is another American gov.t Website that only reinforces what i have said:

What's the deal with teens and car crashes?
  • Car crashes are the No. 1 killer of teens in the U.S. Believe it.
  • Teens are four times more likely to die or be injured in a car crash than older people.
  • In 2003, teens accounted for 10% of the U.S. population but were involved in 13% of car crash fatalities. Seem unfair? It is!
  • Males are twice as likely as females to die or become injured in a car crash.
Why the bad rap for teens?
  • The crash risk is high during the first year teens drive because they're newbies behind the wheel. Without years of driving practice, teens are more likely to mess up.
  • Most teen crashes occur on the weekends, when teens are too busy having fun to pay attention to their driving.
  • Teens tend to underestimate or not recognize dangerous situations.
  • Teens are more likely to speed, run red lights, make illegal turns, ride with an intoxicated driver, and drive after using alcohol or drugs.
So, teens are already at high risk when they're sober behind the wheel. Driving under the influence (DUI) is just asking for more trouble. You could ruin your life, and the lives of your friends and family—or other families' lives.

Learn the hard facts. Don't be a statistic.
  • Eight teens die every day in DUI crashes.
  • At all levels of blood alcohol content (BAC), the risk of being in a car crash is greater for teens than for older drivers. Just because your dad had a beer and drove a couple of hours later doesn't mean you can. The effects are a lot stronger for teens than for adults because teens are still growing and developing.
  • In 2005, 7420 teens died or injured in DUI crashes. Teen fatalities make up one-fifth of all alcohol-related crashes, though licensed teens make up only about 6% of the overall licensed population.
  • Alcohol involvement in crashes peaks at night (9 p.m. to 6 a.m.) and is higher on weekends than on weekdays for teens. Males are almost twice as likely as females to drive under the influence.

Source: Teen Driving Crash and Fatality Stats | Teens | Survive - Stop Yourself. Stop a Friend.

Also, this is very important since it concerns the topic at hand:

Drunk Driving: the Secret Life of Teens

Inseparable since kindergarten, Jessica Rasdall, right, and Laura Gorman, left, had always been a dynamic duo. Growing up in St. Petersburg, Fla., the best friends experimented with makeup, dyed each other's hair and loved to have fun. But years later that would all change in an instant as a girl's night out turned fatal. "I am going to wake up every day for the rest of my life knowing I killed my best friend," Rasdall said from prison.
It started with a trip to a club. There were drinks, and a walk to the car, with Rasdall taking the wheel. Less than an hour later, Gorman was dead. And her best friend would be charged with killing her.

Watch the full story on "20/20" Friday at 10 p.m. ET.

On average, a drunken driver kills someone every 40 minutes in the United States. That's 36 deaths daily and more than 13,000 annually. The highway deaths are so frequent they can go unnoticed, until one hits close to home.

Drunken Driving Crash Shattered Teen's Life - ABC News

Very tragic to see that a young woman with her whole life ahead of her, full of so much potential, lost her life all because her and her friend decided to have some "fun" one night. :tsk: One wound up dead and the other in prison.

No, but rather to highlight these social issues and spread awareness to the average couch potato/brain dead sheeple who is too lazy to bother with reality and do his/her own research and instead depends on the mainstream media to do the thinking for them, the same media, 90% of which is politically correct and hypersexualized.
Right...So your mission is to educate Americans ? :lol:

The American media is politically correct and hypersexualized ? :lol:

More like I see someone who only know how to use jargons but not what they really mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom