What's new

The 'miscellaneous' blunder in India's Rafale deal

This reminds me of my School Tution fee , lol

My miscellaneous fee was almost half of the yearly fee :P

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

indians, you folk are laughing stock of the world. No wonder world laughs at the shit hole called india.

Look at us, our military deals go swiftly and effectively.

A-400m transport aircrafts were provided to us on time b/c we finalized the deal.

You guys aren't even able to decide the final version of deal, forget about getting the equipment.

Today, my military can decimate any opposition of vital Turkish interests in Balkans, Caucus, and Cyprus.

And my military already matches Israeli military in firepower.

In short, my military is the strongest regional military in the Eastern Mediterranean, Balkans, and Caucus region.

In comparison, you guys are a joke! Pakistan easily check-mates you militarily and don't even talk about China..

indians, you folk are laughing stock of the world. No wonder world laughs at the shit hole called india.

A-400m transport aircrafts were provided to us on time b/c we finalized the deal.

You guys aren't even able to decide the final version of deal, forget about getting the equipment.

Today, my military can decimate any opposition of vital Turkish interests in Balkans, Caucus, and Cyprus.

In short, my military is the strongest regional military in the Eastern Mediterranean, Balkans, and Caucus region.

In comparison, you guys are a joke! Pakistan easily check-mates you militarily and don't even talk about China..
Did you fight with your wife today or did your mom beat you o_O

Are in 5th grade ? My military this, my military that.... Grow up kid.

Dafuq!

The negotiators who neglected to account for misc items which were critical to the subs while signing the scorpene deal should be fired asap.

This is pretty basic stuff, of course they were paid by French to do so, knowing that they would be recompensed handsomely by the Indian taxpayer.

And Rafale deal is uber expensive as it is, any Indian suggesting we jump into it without accounting for every thing just because Air Force wants it either needs his head examined or his bank account.

Told you the French were crafty fukkers.... Corruption is what Sarkozy is known for. Dump this deal and go for EFT...

What a load of BS :lol:

One have to give it up to the author who really put an effort in making this crap sounding anything like a real article, but at the end of the day it remains to be a bunch of speculations, with artificial relations to draw a line between the 2 competitions, but without any base.
The reason why we had to spend more on the Scorpenes, were problems that came up during the licence production, when we proved to be not as capable as expected, because we simply had lost the know how in the industry to build such subs. That required addtional procurements to deal with the gaps on our side, so how can we blame the French for increasing costs?
The only relation to the MMRCA he draws is the increas of costs, which he primarily bases on seculated figures and that also from 2 different competitions, as MRCA was logically estimated at lower costs as the current M-MRCA, which included more capable fighters with more advanced techs. So that alone doesn't make any sense, let alone the fact that he states the unit cost of Rafale to be between $110 and 120 million now "according to him because of inflation and lower value of the Rupee" (which again is not the fault of the French!), but simple math tells us that $110 and 120 million x 126 fighters => would be $13.8 to 15.1 billion, far below the $20 billions he claims to be the cost of the M-MRCA now.

It's always funny to see how many of such BS articles our media can produce and also how often people fall to such nonsense, instead of simply looking at official statements.

What a load of BS :lol:

One have to give it up to the author who really put an effort in making this crap sounding anything like a real article, but at the end of the day it remains to be a bunch of speculations, with artificial relations to draw a line between the 2 competitions, but without any base.
The reason why we had to spend more on the Scorpenes, were problems that came up during the licence production, when we proved to be not as capable as expected, because we simply had lost the know how in the industry to build such subs. That required addtional procurements to deal with the gaps on our side, so how can we blame the French for increasing costs?
The only relation to the MMRCA he draws is the increas of costs, which he primarily bases on seculated figures and that also from 2 different competitions, as MRCA was logically estimated at lower costs as the current M-MRCA, which included more capable fighters with more advanced techs. So that alone doesn't make any sense, let alone the fact that he states the unit cost of Rafale to be between $110 and 120 million now "according to him because of inflation and lower value of the Rupee" (which again is not the fault of the French!), but simple math tells us that $110 and 120 million x 126 fighters => would be $13.8 to 15.1 billion, far below the $20 billions he claims to be the cost of the M-MRCA now.

It's always funny to see how many of such BS articles our media can produce and also how often people fall to such nonsense, instead of simply looking at official statements.

How do you know all this ?
Do you work in MoD or the shipyard ?

P.S Sincere question, no trolling.

How do you know all this ?

The problems of the licence production are well known and were widly reported in the recent years.

It may be recalled that India had bought four HDW submarines from Germany in the 1980s, but due to controversies and allegations, whatever little transfer of technology was done was lost, and all those who trained on the contemporary systems of the 1980s, have retired or left MDL.

..:: India Strategic ::. Indian Navy: France transferring Submarine Technolgy to India

Union minister of state for defence MM Pallam Raju said India was re-building its lost skill sets for submarine building with French technology. This would be the next step of indigenisation of submarine project after HDW Germany submarine contract was dumped in 1980.

First Scorpene submarine to roll out in 2015 | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis

Q. How would you rate MDL’s performances and abilities?

A.Established under P75, DCNS is very pleased with its partnership with MDL, a first-class shipyard, it is an outstanding success and MDL is now in a position to become the Centre of Excellence for Submarines for India and the region. MDL is fully capable to manufacture Submarines with the same quality as DCNS and MDL is fully competent in meeting the requirements of Indian Navy.

There have been normal initial teething problems. MDL had stopped manufacturing submarines for more than a decade. Any shipyard confronted with such inactivity will inevitably lose the staff trained for such specific tasks and all the associated expertise required to manufacture a system as complex as a submarine.

However, it is remarkable to note that MDL has been able to catch up, hire new staff, train them and absorb new TOTs in only 3 years. As far as the pressure hulls are concerned, MDL has successfully absorbed the Transfer of Technologies allowing them to manufacture these sensitive and crucial hulls as fast as we can do it in our facilities in France with the same level of quality...

..:: India Strategic ::. Defence Industry: DCNS developing sub-launched anti-aircraft missile

None of this refutes what the article is suggesting in any shape, way or form.
All it says is Indian shipyard is having trouble building the sub, which is again our fault for letting our sub building capacity atrophy.

How is this an excuse for not negotiating critical parts of sub while signing the contract ?

Also can provide your credentials since you speak with authority on most defense deals while rest of us can only speculate.
Otherwise I can only take your views as views of another defense enthusiast rather than an expert.

Last edited:
Hope to see the deal being signed, and planes actually being delivered during my lifetime.

There are some Dallals of Rafale on this forum.. calling all Anti Rafale has paid journalists...
French are milking India with this expensive fighter which no one bought because of its price...

Back
Top Bottom