What's new

The mass graves of Kashmir

I also find it incredible you doubt British help for the Dogra army, they installed Gulab Singh as the ruler of Jammu and Kashmir with the use of force.
Jit singh was raja of jammu, kishore singh and gulab singh fought along with raja of jammu to defend the empire from maharaja ranjit singh ! Jit singh was defeated, maharaja ranjit singh gave autonomy to Jammu and place Gulan singh as king! Get your facts right

No. It was on its last legs. The last rulers were just keeping the seat warm.

Say something in Dogri please? Like how are you and so on. I want to see how similar it is to one of my mother tongues Phari.
Sure mate, to say "How are you?" we say "Kiyaan oo ji?".
Also, to your previous point, it was the Sikhs who gave Dogras domain over the Kashmir region, not the British.

No. It was on its last legs. The last rulers were just keeping the seat warm.

Say something in Dogri please? Like how are you and so on. I want to see how similar it is to one of my mother tongues Phari.
Most of this happened during Aurengzaib's time and by that time the East India company was already there on a mission to divide and conquer so the credit still goes to the British, am I right?

i am not talking about mughal empire only...there were Muslim rulers before them . Start with Muhammad bin Qasim you will learn to count
Muhammad Bin Quasim failed to conquer India and was defeated by Rajasthanis. He only conquered the region that made up Pakistan. He never ruled past Sindh.

wow I feel the same for u, ironic :P

ok the mughal raj was that long but what about other Muslim rulers before that?
India was ruled as a whole by few empire
they where
maurya empire
pala empire
mughals

then come other who had significant proportional but never the entire country

Why are you acting like you ruled. Mughals were Turkic, they looked down on your kind. At least we had the balls to resist them. You people just submitted. And also, Muslim rule was never for 1000 years. Please, stop reading the textbooks in your madrasah.

Says the guy that thinks Mughals were a dominant force in Indian when the British came LOL. Madrasah knowledge,
i said Muslims ruled ... and Hindus shoved their balls somewhere behind which your textbook will never tell you...

India was ruled as a whole by few empire
they where
maurya empire
pala empire
mughals

then come other who had significant proportional but never the entire country
u forgot to add the British Raj to the list

i am not talking about mughal empire only...there were Muslim rulers before them . Start with Muhammad bin Qasim you will learn to count
he never entered past sindh, again sultans were present in northern india

u forgot to add the British Raj to the list
yes

And for all your facts ! Jammu was conquered by sikhs and given to gulaab singh !

Jit singh was raja of jammu, kishore singh and gulab singh fought along with raja of jammu to defend the empire from maharaja ranjit singh ! Jit singh was defeated, maharaja ranjit singh gave autonomy to Jammu and place Gulan singh as king! Get your facts right

Yes he was Raja of Jammu where did I deny that? As for Ranjit Singh he gave them autonomy and then died. After which Gulab Singh fought against the remnants of the Sikh empire. The British came, beat the Sikhs (military intelligence from Gulab helped a great deal) and then became their friend.

The British recognized Gulab Singh as a Maharaja directly tributary to them on payment of 75 Lakh of the war-indemnity.

You might want to read up on the treaty of Amritsar.

Sure mate, to say "How are you?" we say "Kiyaan oo ji?".
Also, to your previous point, it was the Sikhs who gave Dogras domain over the Kashmir region, not the British.

We say Kyal hal he.

How would say my name is?

he never entered past sindh, again sultans were present in northern india

yes
Yes he was Raja of Jammu where did I deny that? As for Ranjit Singh he gave them autonomy and then died. After which Gulab Singh fought against the remnants of the Sikh empire. The British came, beat the Sikhs (military intelligence from Gulab helped a great deal) and then became their friend.

The British recognized Gulab Singh as a Maharaja directly tributary to them on payment of 75 Lakh of the war-indemnity.

Dogra u mentioned where actually rajputs that had migrated centuries ago to jammu, Gulab Singh was a dogra rajput himself.

It was Mian Dido Jamwal who was fighting sikhs, he was a clansman of gulab singh but gulab singh executed him for this.

We say Kyal hal he.

How would say my name is?
I guess you are right in terms of our historical discussion.

What you said sounds very much like Hindi/Urdu, I thought Pahari was similar to Dogri. That's interesting.
To say "My name is....", we say "mera naa aae...". I'm not to good at typing in Dogra so I'm only typing it how it is normally pronounced.

Reactions: waz
I guess you are right in terms of our historical discussion.

What you said sounds very much like Hindi/Urdu, I thought Pahari was similar to Dogri. That's interesting.
To say "My name is....", we say "mera naa aae...". I'm not to good at typing in Dogra so I'm only typing it how it is normally pronounced.

Ah you see it is similar to Dogri.

Here is what we say

Mera naa ai

That's more or less exact.

What about I do this for a living?

Ah you see it is similar to Dogri.

Here is what we say

Mera naa ai

That's more or less exact.

What about I do this for a living?
Sorry I couldn't get back to you sooner, it's nice to see similarities between our languages. It's quite hard for me to put my phonetic speech onto here in written form. There are some other Dogri speakers here, I will tell them to come here.

Reactions: waz

Back
Top Bottom