What's new

The Luxury Tower Built for New York’s Elite Still Sits Half Empty

StraightEdge

Reaction score
Country
India

The Luxury Tower Built for New York’s Elite Still Sits Half Empty​

Related Companies has struggled to unload its most expensive units at 35 Hudson Yards. Now the developer is offering deep discounts.​

The Luxury Tower Built for New York’s Elite Still Sits Half Empty - WSJ
How Covid-19 Left the $25 Billion Hudson Yards Eerily Deserted - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

1690177889265.jpeg

35 Hudson Yards

Are people finally going to believe that living in tall buildings with 100 other people in dense cities is not appealing to Americans anymore?

If it was they’d be putting up tall buildings all over the place and they’d be selling like hotcakes.

Many high-rise buildings units are not even the primary residence of purchasers. Many are just an investment that isn’t even furnished nevermind actually occupied.

Last edited:
If you're real economic elite, you choose a big house in the country or beach.

According to the Chinese here on PDF (who apparently know what appeals to everybody on the planet) everybody is interested in living in a highrise in the city. Those people who have/built their own house in the suburbs/country are those “who can’t afford to live in a building with 100+ other people” like a hotel.

Last edited:
According to the Chinese here on PDF (who apparently know what appeals to everybody on the planet) everybody is interested in living in a highrise in the city. Those people who have/built their own house in the suburbs/country are those “who can’t afford to live in a building with 100+ other people” like a hotel.
I think 35 Hudson yard WAS a hotel. (Or it still partly is)

I think 35 Hudson yard WAS a hotel. (Or it still partly is)

The development was intended for mixed use of sporting entertainment, luxury retail, offices, residences. But the project hit roadblocks as it was proposed so the developed "100 affordable housing" to get federal, state, city grants/loans. Yes 100 units, before cutting it down due to costs.

The place is pretty cool if you get a chance to visit along with the connecting Green Mile.

If you don't know about B1M it's a great YT channel.

Hudson Yards:

Expensive Cities destroying affordable housing:

This particular one was over hyped and over priced. After coming across this article (in WSJ I think) I made inquires and they seem to have some acceptable configurations for around 4.5 (it'll probably be 5 by the time you're done furnishing it). But the location and views need be checked out. Overall it is a wait and watch I think. You can never be timing the Manhattan market accurately

The development was intended for mixed use of sporting entertainment, luxury retail, offices, residences. But the project hit roadblocks as it was proposed so the developed "100 affordable housing" to get federal, state, city grants/loans. Yes 100 units, before cutting it down due to costs.

The place is pretty cool if you get a chance to visit along with the connecting Green Mile.

If you don't know about B1M it's a great YT channel.

Hudson Yards:

Expensive Cities destroying affordable housing:
I used to live very close to New York City actually, when I was deployed to Fort Drum.

Most sky scrapper in NYC are commercial when I was in New York, they probably changed since I was there, but coming from living in 56th floor of an apartment block in Hong Kong, I don't think anyone would like to live like that...

Most sky scrapper in NYC are commercial when I was in New York, they probably changed since I was there, but coming from living in 56th floor of an apartment block in Hong Kong, I don't think anyone would like to live like that...

It's actually pretty nice, stayed for a month in Hunters Point. Gym and rooftop deck that was open for residence was a great place to network and :D, then nice clean places to walk/run around in the afternoon before retreating to the diverse restaurants.

It's great if you treat your apartment as purely a place you sleep and if you're an extrovert who likes being out.

Back
Top Bottom