What's new

The list: The World's Top 100 Restaurants 2012

India does not have very many fine dining restaurants. Even for China, there seems to be just one from mainland.

Road side dhabas are still the best place to eat some good Indian food. The food in Indian Restaurants in the US are just plain boring and bland with no spice, plus they don't even make fresh naan(not even ghee or butter). In the American restaurants, I would say local diners are much better because people are really friendly and welcoming, unlike larger restaurants where nobody gives a sh*t about who comes and goes.

In india also,in larger restaurents the foods are mostly 'exotically' awfull and the bills would be large enough to fill your stomach.

In india also,in larger restaurents the foods are mostly 'exotically' awfull and the bills would be large enough to fill your stomach.

I remember going to Radisson in Delhi with my parents, the food was alright but portions were small as hell and the bill was a whopping 9000 Rs. when I saw the bill I was thinking did they miss the decimal or something.

I seriously think the higher rated the restaraunt the sh!ter it tastes. I like normal people food.

true to a certain extent. I too, prefer family owned restaurants instead of big fancy ones. they generally have great food, excellent service and a boatload of smiles, and this goes for almost all places I've been in US, Taiwan and India.

Most of the Indians expect Indian style food and service. that will not fit the expectation of Europeans. Indian cuisine in itself is vast. yet, we see foreign cuisines less in numbers.

To be frank what Indians expect from a Restaurant is very different from what whites expect....
We expect fast delivery, tasty food, reasonable bills,....
They expect good customer service, quiet environment, good presentation of food regardless of taste.....

Regardless of taste? Really?:hitwall:

I remember going to Radisson in Delhi with my parents, the food was alright but portions were small as hell and the bill was a whopping 9000 Rs. when I saw the bill I was thinking did they miss the decimal or something.
You think that's bad? I ended up footing a Rs. 15,000 bill at Sheraton in Karachi. Pretty sure, I am not going back.

You think that's bad? I ended up footing a Rs. 15,000 bill at Sheraton in Karachi. Pretty sure, I am not going back.

15k pakistani rupee is about 8k indian rupees.. he paid more than you hehe

@ topic

never heard of these restaurants and i think they will not suit my taste. I mean why would i want to pay 300 dollars for a meal that is not even my favourite food. Yes if you are on honeymoon or celebrating your job promotion it is understandable but besides that when I can eat good food for 10-25 dollars in any respectable restaurant why bother paying so much? may be the right title should be... top 100 restaurants for millionaires!

Try Noma the restaurant at the top of the list 2500DKK for a meal for one by a rough calculation thats Rs 40,000 per head though you could save a little by skipping the wines.

Try Noma the restaurant at the top of the list 2500DKK for a meal for one by a rough calculation thats Rs 40,000 per head though you could save a little by skipping the wines.

No spice no additives to normal food can ever justify such high prices. why on earth do they charge like that ? What's the speciality ? :(

This list is bogus if it does not have anything from Lebanon.

Some restaurants have a waiting period of 3 months in advance for a table, WTF is that?? Who plans a meal three months in advance. Aajkal shaadi bhi log 3 months ke pehle nahin plan karte.

Back
Top Bottom