What's new

The KSA would not wait “a minute” after Iran acquires a nuclear weapon

BLACKEAGLE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Jordan
Saudi Arabia would not wait “a minute” after Iran acquires a nuclear weapon to build or buy one themselves, a former senior Israeli military official told The Jerusalem Post on Sunday.

Western powers suspect Iran is trying to develop nuclear weapons, as it continues to enrich uranium well beyond the grade required for any civilian nuclear use.

The former senior official told the Post that Israeli intelligence assesses Saudi Arabia would not wait “a minute” after Iran acquires a nuclear weapon to build or buy one themselves, risking a nuclear arms race in the world’s least stable region.

“The Saudis have the missile technology already,” he said. “I’d be surprised if they don’t just take warheads from the Pakistanis. They’ve already paid for them.”

Emphasizing the importance of existing sanctions, the official said Iran would try to get the financial pressures lifted with as few concessions as possible.

While generally supportive of the prime minister’s policy, he said that the leadership of Israel’s intelligence community has repeatedly warned Netanyahu against striking and said that the tone of his speech to the UN last month was “a mistake.”

“He’s not the commander-in-chief,” he added. “But he can achieve consensus. And it can be done without leaks – it can be done.”

'Netanyahu is not bluffing on intention to strike Iran' | JPost | Israel News

If Saudi Arabia wanted them it would've gotten them.

I doubt the US wants them to get one, and since US is a major ally they don't want to **** them off.

Even if they decided to get some I bet some money and western influence would talk them out of it.

Saudi Arabia is highly unlikely to be attacked from a powerful foreign country at this point.

Empty threats are rife but nothing concrete.

Arabs aren't capable enough to build a nuclear weapon...

Empty threats..thats all.

forget nukes

They need to master the art of making spoons first

forget nukes

They need to master the art of making spoons first

:lol: Who's talking, someone who can't refine the basic products of their oil and natural gas :lol:

Tell me, how many Iranians died this month out of the lack of medicine? :D

Sorry bro, the ME nuclear-weapon club is exclusive to two states only. We can't let the mullahs get their hands on WMD, they want to use them to bring the basement dude :lol:

So why don't the just get the Nukes and get it over with. Why do they try so hard to prevent Iran from getting them. I'm pretty sure it's to please Mama America and keep Israel safe.

Without Mama America your country would never have got rid of Saddam.

Next

Already :agree:

I doubt the US wants them to get one, and since US is a major ally they don't want to **** them off.

Not just the US. The whole world won't like an arm race spark.

Even if they decided to get some I bet some money and western influence would talk them out of it.

No body will help you on the subject, forget it.

Saudi Arabia is highly unlikely to be attacked from a powerful foreign country at this point.

Empty threats are rife but nothing concrete.

Yes, we can't build drones either :lol:

Nobody stop them from getting nuclear and why these American puppet dogs care and talking about us israel has 400 nuclear warhead I never heard yahudi Arabia say that if israel doesn't give her nukes we will build nukes

The Israelis never bugged us at all. You, on the other hand, have been nothing but a trouble-maker in the region - despite the fact that we have been stomping you for more than 30 years. You see what are we getting at? :lol:

Iran has no interest if Nuking Saudi if they are scared :)
Saudi is for all Muslims Holy Place

“The Saudis have the missile technology already,” he said. “I’d be surprised if they don’t just take warheads from the Pakistanis. They’ve already paid for them.”

Those golden days of Pakistan nuclear arsenal at Saudi services are long gone...They can boast of financing it but it won't get them one...Those nuke's are not in Nawaz's control, its the Pak army, and they are not happy with the saudi's and gcc's either...Believe me, Saudi's are looking for other options...

Those golden days of Pakistan nuclear arsenal at Saudi services are long gone...They can boast of financing it but it won't get them one...Those nuke's are not in Nawaz's control, its the Pak army, and they are not happy with the saudi's and gcc's either...Believe me, Saudi's are looking for other options...

We didn't boast financing anybody :).

Sure, and thanks we are good for now.

Without Mama America your country would never have got rid of Saddam.

Next

Installed by themselves and hanged by themselves

And don't say the USA care for freedom, they always destroy countries it's all they want to do
Otherwise they would help the palestinians

Good try anyway

It is not the first time the C.I.A. has meddled in Iraq. In the early 1960's its gruesomely named ''health alteration committee'' sent a monogrammed, poisoned handkerchief to Gen. Abdel Karim Kassem, Iraq's leader. The handkerchief either didn't work or wasn't used. In any case, an Iraqi firing squad executed Kassem in 1963, paving the way for Saddam Hussein's rise to power.

Another C.I.A. Disaster - NYTimes.com

The CIA also played a central role in preparing the death lists of those who were to be eliminated after the coup by squads from the Ba'ath party. Mr Aburish says that he believes 5,000 were killed of whom he has collected the names of 600, including many doctors, lawyers, teachers and professors who formed the educated elite of Iraq.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ddam-on-the-bloody-road-to-power-1258618.html

Saddam also becomes a leader of the Ba'ath Party's student cell in Cairo and reportedly regularly visits the U.S. embassy to meet with CIA agents interested in sparking Gen. Kassem's overthrow.

In February, Kassem is assassinated by members of the Ba'ath Party and the CIA helps the Ba'athists by providing lists of suspected communists for the party's hit squads, who kill an estimated 800 people. Saddam returns home and rejoins the party as an interrogator, torturer and killer. Nine months later, the army overthrows the Ba'ath Party and Saddam is jailed. He is said to have studied the political tactics of Hitler and Stalin while in prison.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/longroad/etc/cron.html

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom