What's new

The Kilo impact

3 more brand new Kilos with better sensors and weapons or 3 Amurs with 1 Kilo in hand with Myanmar and naval balance will totally be tilted in favor of Myanmar not only against Bangladesh but even against Thailand..... if any war happens this capability will enable Myanmar to impose a complete blockade of Bangladesh..... this is KILO the BLACK HOLE impact.....
BRAHMOS on Myanmar warships will be an iceing on the cake.....

In current geopolitics USA may not allow that to happen to BD as they need India and BD with them, that is why they are enhancing military cooperation with BD

USA can easily provide used ships and MPA after upgrades to tackle Myanmar if they go towards China.

In current geopolitics USA may not allow that to happen to BD as they need India and BD with them, that is why they are enhancing military cooperation with BD

USA can easily provide used ships and MPA after upgrades to tackle Myanmar if they go towards China.

Agreed Myanmar is a strategic ally of China and hence not in the good books of USA..... they will be ready to supply any advanced weapons to BD including fighter jets (barring submarines as USA only operates nuclear submarines)....if BD is ready to completely align with USA camp over China which is quite a challenge for BD....

How BD can handle this at the same time getting access to top of the line USA weapons will be interesting to see.... for this I appreciate India's smart handling of USA..... buy from Russia at the same time get cutting edge platforms from USA too.....

But one thing is sure that USA can't stop Myanmar from getting stronger.... it can at the most equip Bangladesh with better weapons....

Agreed Myanmar is a strategic ally of China and hence not in the good books of USA..... they will be ready to supply any advanced weapons to BD including fighter jets (barring submarines as USA only operates nuclear submarines)....if BD is ready to completely align with USA camp over China which is quite a challenge for BD....

How BD can handle this at the same time getting access to top of the line USA weapons will be interesting to see.... for this I appreciate India's smart handling of USA..... buy from Russia at the same time get cutting edge platforms from USA too.....

But one thing is sure that USA can't stop Myanmar from getting stronger.... it can at the most equip Bangladesh with better weapons....

Myanmar also face same issue of balancing between China and US as both want allies in region.

As India is new strategic ally of US in IOR against China so BD may also come in that equation in future as BD mostly toe Indian line in most issues.

Moreover, US may not produce conventional submarines but they produce state of the art naval equipment which can hunt submarines effectively and BD can get that those just like India.

Last edited:
Myanmar also face same issue of balancing between China and US as both want allies in region.

As India is new strategic ally of US in IOR against China so BD may also come in that equation in future as BD mostly toe Indian line in most issues.

Totally agreed....

I was optimistic for Bangladesh to get US sourced fighters earlier, but judging from what we have seen, I don't think that will happen.

TBH I'm not quite sure what the heck Bangladesh is doing.

I thought perhaps they decided to align a bit more with China in a sense and buy the J-10 but then the Chinese defence minister recently cancelled his trip to Bangladesh.

So not sure what is going on here.

Regardless, 1 used Kilo isn't a threat in itself.

But Bangladesh can not afford to neglect its defence capabilities any more.

at the end of the day it boils down to who pays for the textile exports ?

You are right.
BD members in PDF did not see it as a threat but BD top brass are really concerned about the submarine acquisition of Myanmar.
That's why BD General wrote the article "The Kilo Impact".
You should also note one thing that "in the eyes of the BD members from PDF, all the weapons used by India and Myanmar are junks and useless and only the weapons used in BD military are the best".
So don't argue with them.
They don't know but their generals know.
Myanmar was supposed to buy a North Korean submarine. What about that?

@tarpitz

Back
Top Bottom