What's new

The Kilo impact

Dummy, a retired general wrote this, not a current one.

Lmao who cares about which weapons are junks when you cant even beat your rag-tag rebels lol. You or others burmes claim that you can beat us in a all-out war, first go all out on your rebels first before fighting us.

Lmao and why is an cow urine drinker here. Now piss off and go rape your mother.

@LeGenD
Please see what kind of language is being used on defense forums which is degrading the level of discussion.
And do you know what is the ASW assets of BN or you're BN spokesman or from Bangladeshi DOD, stop being retard, BN neither denying or accepting Myanmar's Kilo is threat to them, so stop spreading false rumors/speculations

I don't know much about ASW assets but right now they aren't something very advanced like P3 Orion, MH60s and other systems available with surface ships.....

No problem to defeat a mutiny army.
Mutiny army soldiers will kill their own generals when they are desperate for food.
You should be proud of your army coz your army is the only army in the region that has the history of mutiny.
LDC country with secondhand navy, tiny 3rd gen air force and mutiny army. What a perfect match.

View attachment 692748
View attachment 692750
That’s not even our army but ok whatever you say to justify your 14 yo pedo existence.
I can't stop laughing after reading this post. Mutiny army? Lol
@DalalErMaNodi @Michael Corleone @UKBengali kee dada; bhalo? :rofl: :rofl:
Patla daal at ruti to khawaina, na onno desher bahinir hathe maar khai

That’s not even our army but ok whatever you say to justify your 14 yo pedo existence.

The concept of 'pedophila' does not exist in Primordial Primate societies, that's why you never seen child protection services being called in to a Zoo.

:chilli::chilli::chilli::chilli:

BTW watch this awesome video detailing on Kilos and why it's called BLACK HOLE.....

Ohh my my really proud to have Kilo in my nation's weapons kitty....

Kilo submarine..... enemy's envy..... owner's pride.....

@waz
Please Ban this sanghi troll.

Bruh.....

Screenshot_20201213-205319~2.png

Off course current BD submarines and future planned are a threat to not only Myanmar but to Indian navy too..... my only argument is the way some members making Kilo look like a joke or saying its not a threat at all to BN warships and only to tankers.....
In future bay of Bengal is going to be a jungle of advanced submarines with Bangladesh, Myanmar and India..... advantage going to be with the one who deploys better ASW and arm submarines with more deadly missiles.....

I see Bangladesh investment in submarines as a naval strategy in area denial to hostile navies. The hostile navies can invest in ASW assets to neutralize Bangladeshi submarines. India can afford the resources to accomplish that. But Myanmar cannot afford that for the forseeable future. The biggest flaw in the whole strategy is that Bangladeshi submarines cannot protect merchant traffic headed for the Bangladesh coast. What is the point of this whole thing with respect to investment in submarines ?

Bangladesh lacks the geographic depth to be defended. It is like trying to defend Belgium or Netherlands from Germany during World War 2. If Bangladesh wants to improve their defense capabilities the biggest bang for the buck is 4th generation combat aircraft. 2-3 squadrons of Flankers or F-16s can send a message to neighbors. The only problem with that acquisition is that it sends a geopolitical message on which bloc you are in (USA versus China)
Yes let's get back to the thread....

What are your thoughts on Myanmar getting 1 used Kilo?

You sound as if it completely changes the balance of power.

1 Kilo submarine does not change the balance of power. It gives Myanmar navy a platform to train submarine crews. It takes a long time to train crews and keep institutional memory of how to operate a submarine. If the Myanmar economy is crappy these things won't matter. They might never develop a submarine arm.

I see Bangladesh investment in submarines as a naval strategy in area denial to hostile navies. The hostile navies can invest in ASW assets to neutralize Bangladeshi submarines. India can afford the resources to accomplish that. But Myanmar cannot afford that for the forseeable future. The biggest flaw in the whole strategy is that Bangladeshi submarines cannot protect merchant traffic headed for the Bangladesh coast. What is the point of this whole thing with respect to investment in submarines ?

Bangladesh lacks the geographic depth to be defended. It is like trying to defend Belgium or Netherlands from Germany during World War 2. If Bangladesh wants to improve their defense capabilities the biggest bang for the buck is 4th generation combat aircraft. 2-3 squadrons of Flankers or F-16s can send a message to neighbors. The only problem with that acquisition is that it sends a geopolitical message on which bloc you are in (USA versus China)

1 Kilo submarine does not change the balance of power. It gives Myanmar navy a platform to train submarine crews. It takes a long time to train crews and keep institutional memory of how to operate a submarine. If the Myanmar economy is crappy these things won't matter. They might never develop a submarine arm.

Instead of F16 I think F18 super hornet will be a great addition as it will be able to fulfill air force as well naval requirements at the same time.... as you say BD can't protect its merchant shipping lines at longer range it will be possible with F18.....it can also pose a huge threat to IAF/IN and MAF/MN.....

Yes for Myanmar mainly Indian Kilo is for knowhow.... I am sure budget is not going to be a problem because if they have taken it from India and spending resources on training, maintenance then there must be some provision for future brand new submarines..... also Chinese monetary assistance cannot be denied......

Instead of F16 I think F18 super hornet will be a great addition as it will be able to fulfill air force as well naval requirements at the same time.... as you say BD can't protect its merchant shipping lines at longer range it will be possible with F18.....it can also pose a huge threat to IAF/IN and MAF/MN.....

Yes for Myanmar mainly Indian Kilo is for knowhow.... I am sure budget is not going to be a problem because if they have taken it from India and spending resources on training, maintenance then there must be some provision for future brand new submarines..... also Chinese monetary assistance cannot be denied......
And who are you to put a verdict that BN has no defense against KILO, ARE YOU MINISTER OF DEFENSE OF BANGLADESH OR YOU'RE BN SPOKESMAN???

13 pages of excitement because they have given away a second hand kilo.

F-18 Super Hornet might not be available for Bangladesh unless they align with USA. They seem intent on being in the middle between USA and China. It is more expensive to operate and more expensive to maintain. F-16 may be better suited for Bangladesh's budget. With refuellers they can extend the range.
Bangladesh needs to protect its airspace first. Otherwise all these naval bases will get smoked. They can study what Singapore does for its national security. It is a good template.

F-18 Super Hornet might not be available for Bangladesh unless they align with USA. They seem intent on being in the middle between USA and China. It is more expensive to operate and more expensive to maintain. F-16 may be better suited for Bangladesh's budget. With refuellers they can extend the range.
Bangladesh needs to protect its airspace first. Otherwise all these naval bases will get smoked. They can study what Singapore does for its national security. It is a good template.

I was optimistic for Bangladesh to get US sourced fighters earlier, but judging from what we have seen, I don't think that will happen.

TBH I'm not quite sure what the heck Bangladesh is doing.

I thought perhaps they decided to align a bit more with China in a sense and buy the J-10 but then the Chinese defence minister recently cancelled his trip to Bangladesh.

So not sure what is going on here.

Regardless, 1 used Kilo isn't a threat in itself.

But Bangladesh can not afford to neglect its defence capabilities any more.

I was optimistic for Bangladesh to get US sourced fighters earlier, but judging from what we have seen, I don't think that will happen.

TBH I'm not quite sure what the heck Bangladesh is doing.

I thought perhaps they decided to align a bit more with China in a sense and buy the J-10 but then the Chinese defence minister recently cancelled his trip to Bangladesh.

So not sure what is going on here.

Regardless, 1 used Kilo isn't a threat in itself.

But Bangladesh can not afford to neglect its defence capabilities any more.

Why don't you Americans extend your American Exceptionalism by providing some F-16V's to BD for free? :azn:

In fact threaten sanctions and shove the F-16s down the throats of BAF imbeciles.

This will lead to future sales of spares, replacements accessories, etc. anyway.

Why don't you Americans extend your American Exceptionalism by providing some F-16V's to BD for free? :azn:

In fact threaten sanctions and shove the F-16s down the throats of BAF imbeciles.

This will lead to future sales of spares, replacements accessories, etc. anyway.

I acknowledge the difficulties that Bangladesh must have balancing China and the US.

The US would love for Bangladesh to become another customer, especially if Bangladesh is entertaining European options.

The problem may be that Bangladesh is reluctant. And the US isn't ready to release what Bangladesh wants.

All the money Bangladesh makes is textile exports to the West. All the money Bangladesh spends is on purchases from China.

at some point Bangladesh needs to decide which direction they want to go

Back
Top Bottom