What's new

The Kerala Model: Probably the right way forward

I m in Singapore right now and let me assure you that the quality of life in Kerala is better than that in Singapore. Sure Singapore has roadways and tall buildings and what not. But it is also true that husband and wife both have to work their ***** off to just sustain themselves and 2 kids in Singapore. In Kerala, a 30,000 Rs income per month can easily sustain a family of 4.

I think thats bcs of the high cost of living which is an outcome of modernity and development like if you want to use express highway to commute to work, you have to pay for it. But I respect how Singapore increased its GDP eventhough they are space constrained and even had to import their fresh water.

its funny seeing south indians talking sht to each other

All thanks to Mullaperiyar.

Tamils illiterates? really?? our literacy rate is 80.3(2011) . Tamils got 2 noble prizes hw many u people got(who have literacy rate more than 95%) ?? Great mathematician Srinivasa ramanuja frm Tamilnadu have u knw that??.

Who is narrow minded ?? Tamils?? After 1965 no Tamilians ruled our state , our CM lists MGR(malayali 3term ) , Jayalaitha( half Kanadiga ,3term) ,Karunanithi ( Mother tongue Telugu ,5 term).

In wic field Keralites out performed than non-hygenic dirty Tamils ?? even in historical times . We are not superior to anybody and we are not inferior to nobody.

Literacy is not education which was seen during the Mullaperiyar agitation when even the lawyers joined in destroying Malayalee owned shops.

first of all Tamil Nadu has much better infrastructure compared to Kerala no offense but this is just plain and simple even the heavy vehicles factor Avadi (prime producer of tanks and heavy armored vehicles for the army) is located in TN the city of Chennai is India's detroit

first of all Tamil Nadu has much better infrastructure compared to Kerala no offense but this is just plain and simple even the heavy vehicles factor Avadi (prime producer of tanks and heavy armored vehicles for the army) is located in TN the city of Chennai is India's detroit

So...Ships for Indian Navy are made in Kochi and their officers trained in Ezhimala Naval Academy. Kerala will never have the huge factories that other states have as we don't have much land to spare and cost of land is very high. As far as infrastructure is concerned..again the same problem. We may have to relocate lakhs even to widen the National Highway.

So...Ships for Indian Navy are made in Kochi and their officers trained in Ezhimala Naval Academy. Kerala will never have the huge factories that other states have as we don't have much land to spare and cost of land is very high. As far as infrastructure is concerned..again the same problem. We may have to relocate lakhs even to widen the National Highway.

Kerala is heaven compared to Manipur in terms of human development it is the national envy because the state gov't provides social welfare to its citizens now if it had better infra it would be the country's leading state nonetheless i believe that an industrialized Kerala is not needed since gov't has turned the state into a welfare state + Kerala is a natural beauty and any ecological degradation would prove harmful for the economy.

If I remember correctly one Christian Sabha offered incentives to its followers for having more children.
Dude being a Keralite do you believe that Malayalis are fools .............they may give incentives to produce Childrens..............but who will bring them Up................So some Sabhas are living in FOOLS PARADISE......................

see here nobody denying any facts about chennai or any other metros of india... i lived in chennai for 2 yrs and am now in bangalore for last 6 yr.....
you can see development in both cities every day , new IT parks are coming up,new shopping mall are coming up..etc...

but my point is it is a way to measure the development...? in those cities millions are struggling to match their daily expense because of inflation...... it is clearly rich is getting richer and poor is getting poorer.....

having said that am never gonna say kerala is paradaise , like any other states its having its own advantages and disadvantages....
in kerala compare to other states.. there is no big gap between rich and poor , reason i can say is that since we do have strong labour unions low class workers defenetly getting much deserved wage... [some times more that that]...

and thanks to our political awareness among the population , we do have much much better politicians than other state..... and corruption is low compared to other states....

and most importantly we have a strong relegious harmony among people...... unlike other states here politticians can use the majority/minority cards for votes......

kerala model is not a text book way of development.... its a something everyone can refer for create high social developemnt

More precisely, the Kerala model has been defined as:

A set of high material quality-of-life indicators coinciding with low per-capita incomes, both distributed across nearly the entire population of Kerala.
A set of wealth and resource redistribution programmes that have largely brought about the high material quality-of-life indicators.
High levels of political participation and activism among ordinary people along with substantial numbers of dedicated leaders at all levels. Kerala's mass activism and committed cadre were able to function within a largely democratic structure, which their activism has served to reinforce

Kerala, a state in India, is a bizarre anomaly among developing nations, a place that offers real hope for the future of the Third World. Though not much larger than Maryland, Kerala has a population as big as California's and a per capita annual income of less than $300. But its infant mortality rate is very low, its literacy rate among the highest on Earth, and its birthrate below America's and falling faster. Kerala's residents live nearly as long as Americans or Europeans. Though mostly a land of paddy-covered plains, statistically Kerala stands out as the Mount Everest of social development; there's truly no place like it

Kerala model - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kerala is heaven compared to Manipur in terms of human development it is the national envy because the state gov't provides social welfare to its citizens now if it had better infra it would be the country's leading state nonetheless i believe that an industrialized Kerala is not needed since gov't has turned the state into a welfare state + Kerala is a natural beauty and any ecological degradation would prove harmful for the economy.

I disagree. Kerala needs to industralize but it should be in tune with the ground realities in Kerala. We should promote high value industries that takes up less space like electronics industry. Also we should further develop our sea based industries like ship building & ship repair.

Also whats the deal with Manipur. I thought you were a Punjabi.

I disagree. Kerala needs to industralize but it should be in tune with the ground realities in Kerala. We should promote high value industries that takes up less space like electronics industry.

one of the cons of industrialization is ecological degradation and Kerala is renowned for its natural landscape the cities should industrialize whereas the villages should also develop i'm sure roads are needed in the villages to get access to cities.

one of the cons of industrialization is ecological degradation and Kerala is renowned for its natural landscape the cities should industrialize whereas the villages should also develop i'm sure roads are needed in the villages to get access to cities.
i suggest u to visit kerala... here we dont have a big big cities... all we have is many sub urban cities which is connected with 20-30 km distance....... what i mean is there is no differentiation of development in city or village

If I remember correctly one Christian Sabha offered incentives to its followers for having more children.

There are nutcases always everywhere,aren't they Harpoon?You would be meeting lots of Christians and so you yourself might know the real situations.All of my relatives have only a single girl/boy barring a few and in fact I am glad the overall birth rate is decreasing among all--Hindus,Christians and Muslims.We are hell strapped of resources.

Kerala is one big city bro. Travel by train inorder to experience this. You will not travel a single km without seeing a human habitat.

Dude being a Keralite do you believe that Malayalis are fools .............they may give incentives to produce Childrens..............but who will bring them Up................So some Sabhas are living in FOOLS PARADISE......................

Not everyone may be pragmatic as you. The question is why the Sabhas even take such a stance ? Arent they be supposed to guide the people for inner peace and not advise them on how to use their tool. ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom