What's new

The J-20 SUCCESSFULLY conducts first flight!!

I don't think J-20 is designed to counter the F-22 because I doubt that the J-20 is as agile close up. From distance neither will fire because both are stealth.

I think the J-20 will be extremely effect in attacking aircraft carriers because it is big enough to carry powerful anti-ship missile, can evade radar, and has enough range to strike carriers from well beyond the range of F-22 and F-35. Basically I see the J-20 strikes the carrier, and supercruises away with the F-22 in pursuit, and then the smaller, more agile fighters like the J-11 and J-10 will take dogfight to the chasing F-22s which can no longer hide.

test flight happens today but when we can see some maneuver conducted by j-20 ?

If they can manage a fighter, as beautiful and designed to perfection like this, I dont think there would be a problem with engine.
Number of countries which produce own engines is much lower than number of countries which produce planes. Its signifiant that Chinese engines are now mature enough to use them in maiden flight.

BTW, nice date for the maiden flight: 01.11.11. Congrats. :cheers:

There is no need to be jealous or angry here, except if you're a right wing American/Japanese. This is not only a victory for China but for all Asians and residents of developing countries, including Indians, including Pakistanis. We have proven that we are just as smart as the white man. The era when they called us "boy" and had entrances for "Asiatics and Coloreds" vs. "Europeans" was over, but they've just switched to more subtle forms of racism just as bad as "Colored" and "European" entrances. 50 years ago, general Peng Dehuai said: 西方侵略者几百年来只要在东方一个海岸上架起几尊大炮就可霸占一个中国的时代是一去不复返了. The century where Western imperialists can conquer a nation with a few coastal cannons, will never come back. Today, we can say, 西方侵略者几十年来只要派几艘航母去东亚的近海就可吓唬一个国家的时代是一去不复返了!The decades where western imperialists can threaten a country with a few carriers in East Asia's coastal waters, is now over!

02700.jpg

8912r.jpg

Note: Thank you to "maozedong" and "dingyibvs" for the pictures.

Not very long .i think they will start mass production within 5~6 years .

Plz don't teach me.
Compare other 5th gen's first flight and then the time when they become operational.
Well taking out an average it might come out in 2019-20.

I don't think J-20 is designed to counter the F-22 because I doubt that the J-20 is as agile close up. From distance neither will fire because both are stealth.

I think the J-20 will be extremely effect in attacking aircraft carriers because it is big enough to carry powerful anti-ship missile, can evade radar, and has enough range to strike carriers from well beyond the range of F-22 and F-35. Basically I see the J-20 strikes the carrier, and supercruises away with the F-22 in pursuit, and then the smaller, more agile fighters like the J-11 and J-10 will take dogfight to the chasing F-22s which can no longer hide.

though the large body will reduce maneuverability, canards should make up for it. with a thrust vectored engine, it may even exceed the F-22's maneuverability. the body shape is more suited for bombing than the F-22 but it definitely isn't a bomber like the B-1 or B-2. after all, look at the Su-27: it is a huge plane but it is extremely maneuverable.

If it was not that maneuverable, it wouldn't need canards. But anyhow, even if it is not optimized against F-22, it could be quite powerful against F-35 due to supercruise and canards, against earlier airplane like F-15/16/18, and of course due to larger payload, against surface targets.

Chengdu J-20 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

When the planned introduction by the military is 2017-2019 how can u say 2015-2017?

putting in some normal/usual delays i said 2019-20.
But earlier than planned? how can this be done?

Our general said first flight in 1 year (2009/11). Almost exactly in 1 year, (14 months), the first flight occured. He also said combat ready in 2017. I believe him.

Our general said first flight in 1 year (2009/11). Almost exactly in 1 year, (14 months), the first flight occured. He also said combat ready in 2017. I believe him.

Well can't argue because it's a thing that will take time to come.
So no one can be sure.
BTW,Congratz!
:tongue:

Back
Top Bottom