What's new

The J-20-engine discussion is over and other speculative topics ... to separate from the J-20-news !

Unlike the European makers, China does not export J-20 thus it needs not to publicize the J-20 data! I hope this simple fact makes it pretty clear to you. China has no need to divulge such data!

such a material has widespread application across many industries and it will bring billions in revenue to its inventor. Also, when it comes to composites or SCB the manufacturing technique is protected (secret) not the compositional data.

such a material has widespread application across many industries and it will bring billions in revenue to its inventor. Also, when it comes to composites or SCB the manufacturing technique is protected (secret) not the compositional data.
Why they spread it because they using it on j20 you want to reveal j20 secrets to world its their decision that they kept secret this or not and why want it please tell me does F35 baking composite technology is being used by in commercial industries please answer this ma'am.

Why they spread it because they using it on j20 you want to reveal j20 secrets to world its their decision that they kept secret this or not and why want it please tell me does F35 baking composite technology is being used by in commercial industries please answer this ma'am.

it’s a secret please don’t share with anyone :close_tema:

CYCOM 977 epoxy resin
CYCOM 5250 bismaleimide resin

I don’t know and that is the point isn’t it. On the Typhoon and Rafale, the canard is made with diffusion bonded titanium- this information is provided by Airbus and Dassault respectively. But not so in the case of the J-20, it isn’t known and yet many here assume it (the canard) is made from Radar Absorbing composites.

So on all three 4.5 gen delta canard European fighter the canard is made from Titanium. It is possible the Chinese invented a material that is radar absorbing and also provides the same strength and resilience to dynamic loading forces as titanium. If such a material has been engineered by anyone it will be huge news not a state secret.
Would be much appreciated if you presented your view in this way in your first post!
Well,no one can confirm or deny any such thing so I guess we can only make educated guess based on reasoning.
China has been research Radar Absorbing composites from long time, I just did a rough google search and found this paper in Chinese. It discuss RAC for stealth fighter wings.

To me, there really isn't any solid counter arguments for the sake of this simple logic: CAC must have researched all layouts very carefully. The fact that they chose canard over conventional design indicates the canard don't affect the RCS. After all RCS is one of the most(if not THE most) important metrics for a 5G fighter. It's not that CAC can't design a conventional plane. They did it for JF-17.

Would be much appreciated if you presented your view in this way in your first post!
Well,no one can confirm or deny any such thing so I guess we can only make educated guess based on reasoning.
China has been research Radar Absorbing composites from long time, I just did a rough google search and found this paper in Chinese. It discuss RAC for stealth fighter wings.

To me, there really isn't any solid counter arguments for the sake of this simple logic: CAC must have researched all layouts very carefully. The fact that they chose canard over conventional design indicates the canard don't affect the RCS. After all RCS is one of the most(if not THE most) important metrics for a 5G fighter. It's not that CAC can't design a conventional plane. They did it for JF-17.

The J-20 is more of a long range interceptor, and may rely on its weapons to do most of the turning for it. The canards, while definitely accounted for across all signatures, especially RCS, may only be a factor if the J-20 gets close to another 5th generation platform.

Once 5th generation technology is perfected on the J-20, especially the super cruising engines, there maybe a few conventional layout stealth fighters unveiled in China; a conventional layout carrier fighter, a vertical takeoff fighter for its LHDs and a mass production Air Force fighter, which might even have a pelican tail like this proposed European Stealth fighter mockup. (China may even develop two version of this pelican tail fighter; one with WS-13/19 engines for export (to compete with the F-35) and one with WS-15 engines for its Air Force)

multiple designs out of multiple factories will also allow the PLAAF and PLANAF catch up in fielding 5th gen fighters in numbers to reach parity with its adversaries on its borders.

Last edited:
it seems that in future u.s will not be able to maintain monopoly in fighter jets as Europeans and chinese are developing their own jets and europe is moving away from reliance on u.s equipment,u.s power will likely to decrease in future and there are clear signs evident of this
The J-20 is more of a long range interceptor, and may rely on its weapons to do most of the turning for it. The canards, while definitely accounted for across all signatures, especially RCS, may only be a factor if the J-20 gets close to another 5th generation platform.

Once 5th generation technology is perfected on the J-20, especially the super cruising engines, there maybe a few conventional layout stealth fighters unveiled in China; a conventional layout carrier fighter, a vertical takeoff fighter for its LHDs and a mass production Air Force fighter, which might even have a pelican tail like this proposed European Stealth fighter mockup. (China may even develop two version of this pelican tail fighter; one with WS-13/19 engines for export (to compete with the F-35) and one with WS-15 engines for its Air Force)

multiple designs out of multiple factories will also allow the PLAAF and PLANAF catch up in fielding 5th gen fighters in numbers to reach parity with its adversaries on its borders.

it seems that in future u.s will not be able to maintain monopoly in fighter jets as Europeans and chinese are developing their own jets and europe is moving away from reliance on u.s equipment,u.s power will likely to decrease in future and there are clear signs evident of this

Purely economics and the West Europeans want to maintain their quality of life. That is the most important thing for them.

1. They don’t want to have children and import migrants to fill in the work force gaps.
2. They won’t stop trading with China in emerging technologies so they remain competitively priced in world markets despite the potential security risks (Germany is one of the top exporters of the world despite being a population of 80 million. So it wants to maintain its relations with China)
3. Germany only spends 1.2% of GDP on defense even though its NATO requirement is 2%.
4. Germany won’t buy US fighters like the F-18 to maintain its NATO interoperability to carry the B61, and will take the slower route to integrate the B61 on the eurofighter, to keep money in German industry.
5. The Europeans still want to save the deal with Iran so that their export industries get access to Iran because the US is unwilling to sell to the Iranians. The Europeans know they can easily make deals worth over a $100 billion with Iran for Airliners and equipment to modernize Iran if they can get around the US.

Then thanks for that info and I hope You did not take my question as an offence ... anyway I'm surprised since women are quite rare in such forums.
There should be more women in these forums lol

I'm entitled to some drama.:D
Engineering is all about compromises, in this particular case between RCS and flight performance.

The bulkhead, radar, canard and inlet all make a significant contribution to RCS. The radars contribution to RCS can be reduced by the use of bandstop and bandpass filter combined with emission controls techniques such as chirping. Even the FCS can be programmed in response to RWR input so control surface actuation is reduced in response to hostile radar emissions.
I occasionally visit the J-20 thread to look at some pictures knowing full well that the Chinese will not divulge any technical information. Still, there are a few things one can conclude from pictures. Please tag me if there is an interesting revelation in the future.

Back
Top Bottom