What's new

The Iraqi Armed Forces

Mate, i would understand these black uniforms in night operations...but it seems like it's their standart uniform....

Make the comparison by yourself.....

Iraqi Special Forces.
10615446_10152321459516235_3039722603181461758_n.jpg

Turkish special forces.

bordo-bereliler-kimlerdir.jpg

I think the reason for the black uniform is to stand out over other forces, we have to admit it looks 'cool', kids would immediately classify it as the best special forces in the world as we know how kids think. The commander of ISOF fadl barwari has been busy with social media way too much advertising this force all over the internet.

The facebook page has 200k likes, there's a website of it as well.
العمليات الخاصة Iraqi Special Operations Forces http://www.isof-iq.com | فيس بوك

Other then that they often pose with masks for pictures which is childish, some here will disagree with me but I don't think all this is needed, keeping a low profile while trained highly is far better but it might have a positive impact on recruitment.

Frnd of mine in Mosul with Iraqi troops:

image.jpg

Lol yeah he's small.

Mate, i would understand these black uniforms in night operations...but it seems like it's their standart uniform....

Make the comparison by yourself.....

Iraqi Special Forces.
10615446_10152321459516235_3039722603181461758_n.jpg

Turkish special forces.

bordo-bereliler-kimlerdir.jpg

Woodland .. Even ours wear woodland or black.

Frontier corps which is active is mountainous/rocky desert terrain in our country wears this:

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I wonder why Iraqi SOF wear black and tht too in hot desert terrain.. Their old camo would work much better.

Last edited:
@Sinan the pic you shared is 8-9 years old and it's taken in Afghanistan..if you seen the Maroon Berets at EFES'14..where it's been years that they were revealed back to public..Today, their kits and camo is second to Polish GROM or Norwegian SOF.

ÖKK uses the nano-digital Turkish camo only since 2010.

SAT uses olive for boarding and NATO MultiCam for general purpose.

MAK uses all of them.

This is the current situation of ÖKK:

14464394636_2fb2a60f19_b.jpg

They phased out the M4A1 from ÖKK service and and adopted the H&K-416A5

Efes2014_13.png

@DESERT FIGHTER whats the current situation of SSG bro. Also do they have desert camos

@Sinan the pic you shared is 8-9 years old and it's taken in Afghanistan..if you seen the Maroon Berets at EFES'14..where it's been years that they were revealed back to public..Today, their kits and camo is second to Polish GROM or Norwegian SOF.

ÖKK uses the nano-digital Turkish camo only since 2010.

SAT uses olive for boarding and NATO MultiCam for general purpose.

MAK uses all of them.

This is the current situation of ÖKK:

14464394636_2fb2a60f19_b.jpg

They phased out the M4A1 from ÖKK service and and adopted the H&K-416A5

Efes2014_13.png

@DESERT FIGHTER whats the current situation of SSG bro. Also do they have desert camos

Woodland and black overall ...

SSG (Army SOF) training pics .. In good old woodland:

image.jpg
image.jpg

2 uniforms used by SSG (old pics from training or displays for a tv channel)..

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

@Neptune

Last edited:
@DESERT FIGHTER

Definitely the camo at the first pic ;)

The camo pattern is well suited for Pakistani geographical environment. .just the kits needs some modernisation. I don't mean the armament. Camo is awsome..but

Why I see Navy folks in very black up there

@DESERT FIGHTER

Definitely the camo at the first pic ;)

The camo pattern is well suited for Pakistani geographical environment. .just the kits needs some modernisation. I don't mean the armament. Camo is awsome..but

Why I see Navy folks in very black up there

This is the old standard infantry gear (in old camo):

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

The old plate carrier BJPs are being replaced with .. While the front line soldiers are already being issues new vest (in black color),(and interceptors--- FC uses interceptor) etc...as a stop gap. A new soft type new body armour would soon be replacing them..

As for the navy guys they are SSN .. Navy seals .. They use the same camos as the SSG.. Woodland n black..infact all SOF .. Use the same pattern...Except ones belonging to paramilitaries like FC and Rangers

This is the old standard infantry gear (in old camo):

View attachment 44594 View attachment 44595 View attachment 44596 View attachment 44597 View attachment 44598 View attachment 44599 View attachment 44600 View attachment 44601 View attachment 44602

The old plate carrier BJPs are being replaced with .. While the front line soldiers are already being issues new vest (in black color),(and interceptors--- FC uses interceptor) etc...as a stop gap. A new soft type new body armour would soon be replacing them..

As for the navy guys they are SSN .. Navy seals .. They use the same camos as the SSG.. Woodland n black..infact all SOF .. Use the same pattern...Except ones belonging to paramilitaries like FC and Rangers

I think they should modernise them with new camo..and armor vests instead of assault vests..

Back
Top Bottom