What's new

The Indo-Israel Phalcon Radar System Deal: Pakistan's Likely Response

According to those with inside contacts, the PAF has had an AWACS killer for years - and it is not a SAM.

Last edited:
According to those with inside contacts, the PAF has had an AWACS killer for years - and it is not a SAM.

Please do not give such fanboy references here. As of now no country has a true AWACS killer. Even the KS172 is still in the final stages of development. The longest range a-a missile in the US is the AIM54 Phoenix which has a range of 184 km.

In order to make a point, please back up your posts with facts or links and not what "inside contacts" tell you.

Air-to-air missile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The props can be filtered out. The USN's Hawkeye does it.

I wasn't sure but suspected western platforms have overcome the problem does the 8 blade composite prop on the Hawkeye help in anyway? I'm not sure if the Chinese have had any success with the Y-8's (An-12)?

It's not a "fanboy reference", believe what you like. As of now the PAF have no BVR AAMs too, right?

Sorry, as of now PAF has no BVRAAM's. They placed an order for 500 Amraams in 2007 for delivery from 2010. Only Block52 / MLU F16's have the capability to fire them so you have wait for that as well.

300 SD10's were also ordered from China delivery of which has also not yet started. They will equip upgraded JF17's.

So unless there is any concrete info available, it will be considered as a fanboy comment

AIM-120 AMRAAM - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
SIPRI Arms Transfers Database — www.sipri.org
Pakistan Military Consortium :: www.PakDef.info

Must be true (HQ-9 or S-75).

Sorry, as of now PAF has no BVRAAM's. They placed an order for 500 Amraams in 2007 for delivery from 2010. Only Block52 / MLU F16's have the capability to fire them so you have wait for that as well.

300 SD10's were also ordered from China delivery of which has also not yet started. They will equip upgraded JF17's.

So unless there is any concrete info available, it will be considered as a fanboy comment

Mate, sometimes the above posted links are not be adequate for Pakistan's procurement of weapons.

Can you stop making a fool out of yourself over and over again, as i have said before unlike IAF PAF does not flaunts its capabilities. I think its quite an open secret now and one senior member even posted a picture of BVRAAM missiles that PAF has in its inventory. There is a reason why none of the senior members induldge in fanboy arguments because they dont achieve anything. Do yourself a favour and listen to the advice your fellow countrymen ironman is giving you.

currently PAF has NO BVRs it is developing some BVR in collaboration with a country.....and it is also currently not equipped with any type of AWAC SLAYER.......

sometimes reality is a b***h but you gotta accept it....and i have a source on the inside too that told me we got nothing in terms of BVR or in terms of awacs slayer.....we just keep our mouth shut when the indians scare themselves by saying PAF has it.....

currently PAF has NO BVRs it is developing some BVR in collaboration with a country.....and it is also currently not equipped with any type of AWAC SLAYER.......

sometimes reality is a b***h but you gotta accept it....and i have a source on the inside too that told me we got nothing in terms of BVR or in terms of awacs slayer.....we just keep our mouth shut when the indians scare themselves by saying PAF has it.....

:smitten: Are you sure??
Then go through this thread http://www.defence.pk/forums/wmd-missiles/28713-h2-h4-aam-agm.html

I wasn't sure but suspected western platforms have overcome the problem does the 8 blade composite prop on the Hawkeye help in anyway? I'm not sure if the Chinese have had any success with the Y-8's (An-12)?
Not really, may be some. It is true that different materials do respond differently when impinged with radar signals, but not too much that their electromagnetic properties cannot be predicted.

Can you stop making a fool out of yourself over and over again, as i have said before unlike IAF PAF does not flaunts its capabilities. I think its quite an open secret now and one senior member even posted a picture of BVRAAM missiles that PAF has in its inventory. There is a reason why none of the senior members induldge in fanboy arguments because they dont achieve anything. Do yourself a favour and listen to the advice your fellow countrymen ironman is giving you.

Okay if you say so then I'll accept it that you know these things through "inside contacts". If there are any such pics, they are pics of the trials which are on so that these weapons may be integrated by 2010 as and when the new F16's come in. And as for the SD10, first let the first squadron of JF17's get FOC and induction. And as for Ironman.. read his post more carefully... it reeks of sarcasm. :cheers:

Sorry if my views differ from yours, i guess each to his own. Ans as for being a fool, remember the person who questions is never the fool.... the one who answers usually is!!!:yahoo:

if we have indigenous or with the help of SOUTH AFRICA built BVRs why the biggest procurement of AIM120 and SD10s

He said its not a SAM. Even the presence of HQ9 is just a rumour. They have no systems in the S300 range.

Then it must be some magic wand :lol:

if we have indigenous or with the help of SOUTH AFRICA built BVRs why the biggest procurement of AIM120 and SD10s

AIM-120 for F-16 // SD10 a better option ?

Back
Top Bottom