What's new

The Indian Beer Brand Has Been Picked By The United Nations As Beer Of The Month

Margarita

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Premium beer brands within India is a rarity, which is where Bira 91 stands out. And now things are only going to get more high profile for the brand since it has been named as United Nation's beer of the month. This is a moment of immense pride for our country, since this the first time ever the UN has opted for an imported brand.

5017e2ec-e4cd-42ec-9c5e-6f18369c3bef.jpg

Source: Livemint
Now before you imagine UN officials guzzling beer while solving complex diplomatic issues, let us explain how this 'honour' will work for the beer brand. Bira 91 will be served in the UN's North Delegate Lobby to ambassadors, delegates and special guests.

2adf60ca-6943-437f-b598-16e76d903720.jpg

Source: Gigglewater
The beer company's CEO Ankur Jain will participate in a tasting session along with some dignitaries and discuss his long journey to the UN. He was quoted by Outlook India as saying,

The United Nations Delegates Lounge is a fantastic space for delegates and other global leaders to share their ideas and come up with solutions to make the world a better place. Now they can do so while enjoying a cold Bira.
0baccbe5-9687-42e2-96be-ff6f8d6b414b.jpg

Source: Livemint
It sure makes us jump with joy that the UN officials will have the same beer that we will have, on a Saturday night. While we have it in our comfortable neighbourhood bar, the UN officials will be nicely tucked away in their lobby with a Bira 91 in their hand.

There was this cobra lager in UK that I really liked. Not sure how it's doing now. It's high time we start some good craft beers in the league of trappist ones. Too much monopoly in India in this market.

There was this cobra lager in UK that I really liked. Not sure how it's doing now. It's high time we start some good craft beers in the league of trappist ones. Too much monopoly in India in this market.
Bira has the potential. Though it is a little pricey compared to regular Indian beers but is superior in quality and taste.

U will find it pretty close to Belgian beers, particularly Hoegaarden.
That makes it a craft beer, sort of witbier. I hope we make something with cherry. Something like Kriek, why eat a stupid fruit with big guthly when you can make a nice beer along with hops.

Yes, easily available at least in Bangalore. I have drank Bira in pubs only, so not sure how much will they cost at wine/liquor shops but someone told me that 330 ml costs approx Rs. 200.
That's expensive, let the metal tasting zingaro, godfather 10k, bullet, guru rule. I can't afford such a drink.

I found an article. Prices are down at retail as per this article.
https://qz.com/713797/indias-most-popular-beer-startup-almost-ran-out-of-beer/

But trust me Bira is worth the price, 2 pints are good to make you light headed
I found an article. Prices are down at retail as per this article.
https://qz.com/713797/indias-most-popular-beer-startup-almost-ran-out-of-beer/

But trust me Bira is worth the price, 2 pints are good to make you light headed
Bhai, in Delhi all beers are cheap as it is union territory. I can understand the prices considering its brewing in Belgium(hats off to Jain's guts). But now that they are going to brew in India, they should atleast reduce the prices in India to encourage people towards non lager beers. But Ankur Jain is my hero for he's done what even Mallya didn't sitting on his fat arse.

A decade back, I bought some local wines after a trip in Shimla - made from plums, peaches, apricotes and more(don't remember), trust me they were not bad, and not chemical. And kick as good as a port wine.
And later in Maharashtra I tried Taadi (it's a sap from a pine like tree) and maadi (Taadi becomes Maadi if you let it stay for few hours).
If we just adertise it as a natural drink there will be many takers.

A decade back, I bought some local wines after a trip in Shimla - made from plums, peaches, apricotes and more(don't remember), trust me they were not bad, and not chemical. And kick as good as a port wine.
And later in Maharashtra I tried Taadi (it's a sap from a pine like tree) and maadi (Taadi becomes Maadi if you let it stay for few hours).
If we just adertise it as a natural drink there will be many takers.
lol while we are at it, we (me and my friends) bought a local whiskey full bottle, for just Rs. 500 at Himalayas in Uttrakhand. The name of the whiskey was 'Soulmate' and the kick was as good as any other expensive whiskey. One of the finest whiskeys I ve ever had

Back
Top Bottom