What's new

The inauguration event of Integrated Shipbuilding Facility at GRSE

Abingdonboy

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
As part of its modernization drive to implement modular shipbuilding technologies, Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers Ltd (GRSE) inaugurated its “Integrated Shipbuilding Facility” (ISF) on 06 June 2013.

The ISF was inaugurated by Shri Jitendra Singh, Hon’ble Raksha Rajya Mantri at 1000 hours 6th June 2013, at GRSE Main Works, in the presence of high level dignitaries from the Ministry of Defence, State Government and Defence Services.

The foundation stone for the ISF was laid on 19th Feb 2009 and the project was completed in May 2013. GRSE’s modernization seeks to create new shipbuilding infrastructure that would allow integrated construction of large ships, using modular shipbuilding technologies.

The new “Integrated Shipbuilding Facility” comprises the below listed co-located facilities:
A 180M x 29M Dry Dock of 10000 Tons capacity, for building large ships

An Inclined Berth with a length of 180M and width of 23M of 4500 Tons capacity, for building large ships

A Module assembly Hall measuring 99 x 30 M with telescopic sliding roof arrangement, to facilitate integration of Pre-outfitted Mega-Hull blocks weighing up to 200 Tons

A 250 ton Goliath Crane spanning the Dry Dock, Inclined Berth and Module Hall, for handling mega-Hull blocks weighing up to 200 Tons

In addition to the above facilities, associated facilities like a Paint Cell for blasting and painting of hull blocks at controlled conditions of temperature and humidity, an Electrical Sub-Station of 6 KV capacity to meet power supply requirements of the new facilities, a River Jetty for berthing ship prior to docking / after undocking, and an Amenity Block for workers have also been constructed as part of Modernisation project.

GRSE says that it has taken a “a giant stride” towards the adoption of the latest Modular Shipbuilding technologies for warship construction with the commissioning of the new “Integrated Shipbuilding Facility” as the new facility would enable GRSE to construct ships with 200 Ton mega hull-blocks instead of the prevailing method of using hull blocks with a maximum weight of 40 tons.

Crucially, GRSE expects to achieve a significant reduction in ‘Build Period’ and improve quality as part of its new shipbuilding strategy.

10017_162853193893118_292534995_n.jpg

943163_162853047226466_595731267_n.jpg

The inauguration event of Integrated Shipbuilding Facility at GRSE
@sancho @Koovie @kurup @RPK @jha @arp2041
Just excellent news!

Last edited by a moderator:
Impressive addition. It is indeed very heartening to know that such ship building capacity addition is going on for speedier manufacturing and perhaps bigger vessels also.

Good news .

Although our navy is modernising fast , our ship building industry modernisations are still in snail pace.

But I want privatization of these public sector shipyards. Launch IPO of these shipyards & make shareholder a common man not industrialist families. take L&T as example.

But I want privatization of these public sector shipyards. Launch IPO of these shipyards & make shareholder a common man not industrialist families. take L&T as example.

Exactly the common person having a stake in core areas is a blessing in disguise.

Exactly the common person having a stake in core areas is a blessing in disguise.

In India major population says privatize anything & give example of western nation but they know nothing of economics. In western nation shareholders are common man unlike in INDIA major chunk of share owns by industrialist families and these system bring corruption. only L&T is which one is true corporation.

In India major population says privatize anything & give example of western nation but they know nothing of economics. In western nation shareholders are common man unlike in INDIA major chunk of share owns by industrialist families and these system bring corruption. only L&T is which one is true corporation.

I truly believe in certain areas, public-private partnerships in investments and business could be a win-win for India. We have ahuge population. The govt is the biggest f-king stumbling block. These partnerships could and should be audited using CAG style accounting practices to deter fruad and corruption. Whenver the common person has a stake in stuch projects they will be more diligent and strict about getting it done properly without cutting corners.

Just look at Mumbai and its development. Many ppl will talk about how skyscrapers being built and such, but BILL Getes pointed out it is development without input and long term planning. He compared India to China and showed there is a world of difference in such projects.

Do you or anyone really think our ppl don;t know this? Do you really think we don;t have the aptitude or the knowledge to know this? Of course not. There is a culprit. What is stopping us? Ask yourself. I already know the answer but I want you and others to think why and who?

Do you or anyone really think our ppl don;t know this? Do you really think we don;t have the aptitude or the knowledge to know this? Of course not. There is a culprit. What is stopping us? Ask yourself. I already know the answer but I want you and others to think why and who?

We are the real culprit, we don't take risk , we lacks entrepreourship. In my family everybody expected with me to join government service or corporate job & make money by any illegal activities then they have no problem with me but I am revolt against them but every person can't revolt against their family members and here is began a big problem for country.

We are the real culprit, we don't take risk , we lacks entrepreourship. In my family everybody expected with me to join government service or corporate job & make money by any illegal activities then they have no problem with me but I am revolt against them but every person can't revolt against their family members and here is began a big problem for country.

I agree with most of your points. However, look around you. We can see all examples of entrepreneurship in India just not on the scale we would like. A littl govt support would go a long way. Sadly, we lack comprehensive development. The more I analyze India, I see there is no cohesive BLUEPRINT for development. This needs to tackled and changed.

I agree with most of your points. However, look around you. We can see all examples of entrepreneurship in India just not on the scale we would like. A littl govt support would go a long way. Sadly, we lack comprehensive development. The more I analyze India, I see there is no cohesive BLUEPRINT for development. This needs to tackled and changed.

An old proverb in sanskrit that ruler is glimpse of the that country's people.

Back
Top Bottom