What's new

The impact of good governance and policy making on change

313ghazi

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I came across this article today, https://propakistani.pk/2021/03/03/...embly-plants-pakistan-got-since-dirbs-launch/

it's talking about how many new mobile phone assembly plants have been created in Pakistan. The answer is 33.

" The implementation of PTA’s Device Identification, Registration, and Blocking System (DIRBS) in 2019 has resulted in a significant increase in legal import of mobile devices and the establishment of over 33 local assembly plants of mobile devices in Pakistan. "

@Zibago recently posted that Pakistan produced 18 million phones in the first 10 months of this year. This was all possible because of a single good policy choice. One decent legislative change and within 2 years look where we are. Look at the speed of growth too.

In 2019, only 119,639 smartphones were assembled locally. Whereas, in 2020, the number of such devices grew to 2.1 million. It is important to highlight that at the end of the second month of 2021, 1.21 million smartphones have been assembled in Pakistan.

It's important amongst all the doom and gloom just how much potential our nation has. We're a coiled spring, we just need to be released in the right direction.

The next step is offcourse to move towards local manufacturing of components but that will only be possible if we establish local PVC manufacturing facilities, and more importantly boards and simpler ic components manufacturing ..

The next step should be to make compulsion for assembler to get technological designs from OEM get those board assembled here in Pakistan.

The next step is offcourse to move towards local manufacturing of components but that will only be possible if we establish local PVC manufacturing facilities, and more importantly boards and simpler ic components manufacturing ..

The next step should be to make compulsion for assembler to get technological designs from OEM get those board assembled here in Pakistan.

Yes absolutely. I came across this and thought it worth mentioning the speed at which it took off. If we continue to press in the right direction like you suggested, I wonder where we could be in 10 years time. I hope they do the same with car manufacturers setting up in Pakistan. That's the only way we'll get affordable vehicles in Pakistan.

Yes absolutely. I came across this and thought it worth mentioning the speed at which it took off. If we continue to press in the right direction like you suggested, I wonder where we could be in 10 years time. I hope they do the same with car manufacturers setting up in Pakistan. That's the only way we'll get affordable vehicles in Pakistan.
Challenge with the auto industry is absence of high tensile auto grade sheet metal, steel products, high grade PVC and electonics ....

Without these industries we cant do anything significant in auto sector

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom