What's new

The horror of being a woman in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is our subcontinent.

Everywhere in subcontinent women are raped and beaten and we are fighting whose country has more rape cases...........:hitwall:

The thread might be eyeopener for few Pakistani posters who think that rape does not happen in their country.
Express tribune has compiled a list of atrocities against women reported by them in last year.

Pakistan’s ‘shame’: Rape cases in 2012 – The Express Tribune

Now you dont want to discuss about it?? Is it also a genuine concern??

:lol:-
this thread is a genuine troll thread created with that same intention- only thing genuine about this one is revenge and to gain some lost honor- -

I wasn't lighting anything on any issue. I have no interest in any r@pe case. But I do reserve the right to answer when a troll tries to attack my country.

You means some people from "republic of pak". And your country composed of ROP too.

Pakistanis getting defensive now where as they are the ones trolling on the other thread. Typical!!

You means some people from "republic of pak". And your country composed of ROP too.

Whatever. At least I have no plan to start a thread on dehli r@pe after this thread. As a revenge thread. Just like this thread was created.

All the issues mentioned in the OP are genuine and is prevalent in Pakistani society. What's wrong here is that people want to brush it below the carpet ? Not many people in Pakistan would even like to talk about it and fixing them will be a real far call.

All the issues mentioned in the OP are genuine and is prevalent in Pakistani society. What's wrong here is that people want to brush it below the carpet ? Not many people in Pakistan would even like to talk about it and fixing them will be a real far call.

and like you people have talked about it open heartily like saints-- show me one thread-

What a nonsense article by the scum bag.. 'Tahir Ali - in Islamabad'

When rape case happens in Pakistan, even in remotest place, the lady goes immediately US.

Mukhtaran Mai's fake rape is translated in 12 foreign languages. She was even awarded rape medal.
Pakistani rape cases are heard at highest level in UN.

Still there is nothing unusual about rapes.. they happens every where.. this time even accepted by stubborn Indian.
But unusual are rapes in India, which are driven by shortage of girls due to popular female foeticide, and state sponsored rapes by hindu army of india.
KASHMIR: Obstacles continue for women reporting rape
Indian regime has closed eyes on Kashmir rapes.
Hundreds sign Facebook petition on north Kashmir rape victims

In current case, Indian regime is looking for low cast underage scape goats to protect the identity of high cast hindus involved in rape.
High class hindus consider themself above the law.

and like you people have talked about it open heartily like saints-- show me one thread-

If you are talking about India, the protests are happening on the streets as we speak. Media actively pursuing the case, politicians are forced to formulate stricter law for the crime and police forced to be more actively guarding areas.

Show me a similar protests in Pakistan against any of these social issues affecting Pakistani women. I remember a few months back few women were murdered in a Pakistani village just because they danced in a marriage. if that is the state of women there then it needs to change/improve. Don't you think your women deserve more respect too..

The horror of being a woman in Pakistan - Rediff.com India News

The Delhi gangrape case has highlighted how vulnerable women remain in India. But the situation in neighbouring Pakistan is worse, as most cases of sexual assault in that country are hushed up due to the stigma attached to the victims of such crimes.

South Punjab in Pakistan has recorded the most cases of atrocities against women. According to AWAZ Foundation, a local NGO, 3,100 such cases were registered during 2012 across 15 districts and 53 tehsils.

"These 15 districts have the highest reported incidents of crime against women," stated the NGO.

This year has recorded the highest number of such incidents. In 2009, there were 1,621 recorded cases of atrocities against women, in 2010 there were 2,744 cases and in 2011 2,797 cases.

According to the AWAZ Foundation, violence against women in the region had worsened because of a combination of various factors including the feudal system, weak law implementation and lack of awareness in a male-dominated society.

Apart from rape, several forms of violence against women are rampant in Pakistan:

Honour Killings: These are acts of violence, usually murder, committed by male family members against female family members who are perceived to have brought 'dishonour' to the family.

Kala-kali: This term usually indicates a 'disreputable man' or a 'disreputable woman', who have committed the 'crime' of bringing disgrace to his/her family or clan. The crime, including having an illicit relationship, can be 'punished' with murder.

Vanni: Child marriage is still prevalent in tribal areas of Pakistan. Young girls are forcibly married to members of opposing clans in order to resolve family feuds or compensate for a crime.

Vanni can only be avoided if the girl's clan agrees to pay blood money, called Diyat. Otherwise the young bride is forced to spend her life paying for a crime committed by her male relatives.

Death by burning: The horrific custom -- of killing a woman by setting her ablaze and then claiming that it was a case of suicide – is a blot on both Indian and Pakistani democracies.

Acid Attack: This is another practice that should make both India and Pakistan hang their heads in shame. Acid is often flung on the face of a woman, disfiguring her permanently, by a jilted suitor or an angry husband.

Selling women: Selling off women -- by her impoverished family members -- is a common practice in Pakistan.

Domestic violence: It is estimated that between 70 and 90 per cent of women in Pakistan have suffered some form of abuse. An estimated 5,000 women are killed per year due to domestic violence; thousands of others are maimed or disabled.

---Tahir Ali In Islamabad

What a joke now indians r trying to save their face by making Pak look worse:lol:.
The society of india is very worst in human rights n especially for women n this gang rape was another example of that n the main reason is that its because of the Sexual frustration that is given to the people there through its media n movies.......
Where as in Pak there is not much problem here as there is not much sexual content made or shown in media.

So blaming or comparing with a Muslim country whose religion strongly prohibits such activities is totally nonsense.
It wont help them to stop these things in their own country.

Contrary to you I would have concerns for my women only. You guys can go and r@pe all the ladies in India. I don't care.

Neither you nor anyone has the right to give permission to me or any others to go r@pe all the ladies in India,whether you care or not.

For the underlined part: why won't you care for other women? Any reason?

Neither you nor anyone has the right to give permission to me or any others to go r@pe all the ladies in India,whether you care or not.

For the underlined part: why won't you care for other women? Any reason?

Bold part. I only care about my country. Simple.

If you are talking about India, the protests are happening on the streets as we speak. Media actively pursuing the case, politicians are forced to formulate stricter law for the crime and police forced to be more actively guarding areas.

Show me a similar protests in Pakistan against any of these social issues affecting Pakistani women. I remember a few months back few women were murdered in a Pakistani village just because they danced in a marriage. if that is the state of women there then it needs to change/improve. Don't you think your women deserve more respect too..

Dude give it a break, no doubt there were some genuine protesters there but according to media reports, the participating females were even groped and hassled during these high profile protests.

Woman allegedly groped in candlelight vigil in Mumbai | NDTV.com

:lol:-
this thread is a genuine troll thread created with that same intention- only thing genuine about this one is revenge and to gain some lost honor- -

Why is the thread being called a troll? Genuine sources were provided including that of Express Tribune. You prove the data to be made up,and i shall accept the thread to be a troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom