What's new

The Great Game Changer: Belt and Road Intiative (BRI; OBOR)

The problem is that Russians want cooperation now but China is on the verge of able to do these on their own. The Russians offer is 10 years too late.

LOL That is the thing with Russia. They don't offer you something until you already have it, but the same could be said for others.

Last edited:
To me it seems the Russians need China more than China need them.

It is equal relationship. This is the reason in 2016 China and Russia upgrade to highest level cooperation relationship, but have not declared ally. In any ally, there should be a leader. So far both nations don't consider each other as leader.

It is equal relationship. This is the reason in 2016 China and Russia upgrade to highest level cooperation relationship, but have not declared ally. In any ally, there should be a leader. So far both nations don't consider each other as leader.

Definitely not true, counter-example would be WW1, WW2.

Also don't believe there was a clear leader of international forces during the Boxer rebellion (though the US was a lesser participant).

Napoleonic wars as well.

Definitely not true, counter-example would be WW1, WW2.

Also don't believe there was a clear leader of international forces during the Boxer rebellion (though the US was a lesser participant).

Napoleonic wars as well.

My fault, I should have told the casual ally and solid ally. In the casual ally (such as US USSR in WWII ), they don't need leader, as long as they have strong common interests or same enemy / target, they will bind ally. When the target lose threat, the ally will be dismissed quickly.

I would be inclined to say so too.
Why? What can Russian offer for China? We are going to commission the largest radio telescope and our heavy rocket going to debut by end of this year. I don't think there is anything Russian can do more than us. Even the lunar moon trip of retrieving soil is going to happen in 2018.

Why? What can Russian offer for China? We are going to commission the largest radio telescope and our heavy rocket going to debut by end of this year. I don't think there is anything Russian can do more than us. Even the lunar moon trip of retrieving soil is going to happen in 2018.

Well Russia will have come with interesting cooperation offer since China will cover a great percentage cost of this mission unless they will be shoulder half of the cost. There is some space field that they're still more advance than China, if that will benefit to this mission then it's worth to have cooperation otherwise it's better off that we go alone.

Well Russia will have come with interesting cooperation offer since China will cover a great percentage cost of this mission unless they will be shoulder half of the cost. There is some space field that they're still more advance than China, if that will benefit to this mission then it's worth to have cooperation otherwise it's better off that we go alone.
Seriously, anything from Forbes about China you shall take it with a pinch of salt. I doubt China needs anything from Russia. There is no indication China foot most of the bill and even that is truth. That doesn't mean China needs something that we don't have. I doubt China is at disadvantage in this deal.

Russia is still ahead in rocket engines.

Russia is still ahead in rocket engines.
Not really. There was a BS article from Russia claiming China wanted to buy their R-180 rocket but mind you, there was a powerful and similar YF-660 being build. We do not have much info but I am sure its exists since Long March-9 rocket project is almost officially announced. Russia current new gen of rocket angara is not much far away from China Long March-5. Seriously, I do not know what can Russia really offer?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom