What's new

The Future of Kashmir? "Seven" Possible Solutions!

let them determine their future.

This has been discussed several times before and has proven to be a non-solution. Thus the only solution is either remain happy with current boundaries or if applied in letter and spirit then Musharaf's autonomy formula.

This has been discussed several times before and has proven to be a non-solution. Thus the only solution is either remain happy with current boundaries or if applied in letter and spirit then Musharaf's autonomy formula.

It is pretty clear that the Kashmir valley is devolving into yet another place corrupted by Islamic fundamentalism and is regressing backwards. Kashmir valley is definitely the FATA of India and I am not sure how the Indian government will deal with it. But I can tell you that the the CIA is telling the US president that this area will be home to more of what America has been fighting over if it becomes an independent, ungoverned area much like the areas in Pakistan in Afghanistan that have become the breeding grounds for terrorists for years to come. I am still not clear as to how Kashmiris in the valley are addressing issues such as modern education, jobs for youth, lowering the influence of Islamic fundamentalists et al. Maybe a bunch of Kashmiris can be made to travel under Pakistani passports throughout the world for them to realize what a disastrous position that would be...getting screened in world's airports for 3 hours (even for a Pakistani tennis player who finished runner up in the US open this year). Kashmiris can ONLY get the US' support if they can assure that it wont become yet another fundamentalist haven, which is how it is looking now due to all these preachings from mosques, which is what is inciting cries for freedom and not calls from academics, doctors and legal luminaries. This to me is a dangerous proposition. In Bosnia and Serbia, calls for freedom came from well respected individuals and society stalwarts. In Kashmir it is coming from fundamentalist forces...if India succumbs to these forces, it will see more attacks on its soil and would have created an area that would become yet another headache for the world. I think India should propose:

- provide choice to Kashmiris in India to move to Pakistan or their part of Kashmir upon payment of a certain sum of money and a title to a home or business in Pakistani kashmir.
- make it into a SAR of India much like Hong Kong and give it a 20 year time frame to prove that it will not become fundamentalist like the rest of Pakistan and if they behave, ultimately grant independence.
- sign agreements stating that if Kashmiris were found to be involved in terrorist activities in India or around the world, they revert back to SAR status under Indian rule.

See, the world simply does not believe that Pakistan is able to govern territories and prevent the use of its territories for launching global jihads. I, for one, will never support a call for freedom when it is coming from fundamentalist Islamic forces. It is another story when respected Kashmiris especially University level educators/doctors etc. want it. No more religious divisions and destructions because of that. The world has seen enough.

dont drop ******* bombs on Kashmiris.....let them determine their future.

It is not about only Kashmir's future, it is as much about India's future as well.

And when it comes to India's future, a billion+ Indians will decide.:coffee:

future of kashmir is nothing but due to kashmir war is held many times boths countries will destroy but kashmir prob remain still.....million billion will die but kashmir problem remain same...
acc to me sol is seprate only kashmir not jammu and ladak

or drop a nuclear bomb on to kashmir

are you insane!
"If you can't find the solution, NUKE IT!"
could you really live with the blood of millions of innocents on your hands???

are you insane!
"If you can't find the solution, NUKE IT!"
could you really live with the blood of millions of innocents on your hands???

yes this is the only sol...because both jammu and ladakh want to remain with india...only vallay hav a prob....if now india frees the kashmir. In future again jammu may become another kashmir.... soo best sol is no kashmir no tension
no terror
well rest of india wont bother about kashmir
wat happened in kashmir is their internal prob......
wat is going on is bad they stuck Axe onto their foot....
bussiness dead
school closed
unemployeement spreading
loook where jammu region is now every where is developemt
there is more tourist in jammu than kashmir
kashmir is survived only due to jammu economy
neither any firm nor forgiener firm want to do bussiness
now jammu become the most attraccting place for FDI in india......

ADVICE TO INDIAN GOVT

STOP LOVED LANG....NOW USE STICK
We support u watever the world say we dont give it dammm..............

Hindustan Times

CLICK ABOVE LINK -------->then on left side coloum (Main Page) ---------->12) THE BIG STORY (READ N SEE)

See the latest survery what kashmiri, JAMMU & Ladakh WANT................

in this survey u will find see the truth.............................

Last edited:
index.shtml

yes this is the only sol...because both jammu and ladakh want to remain with india...only vallay hav a prob....if now india frees the kashmir. In future again jammu may become another kashmir.... soo best sol is no kashmir no tension
no terror
well rest of india wont bother about kashmir
wat happened in kashmir is their internal prob......
wat is going on is bad they stuck Axe onto their foot....
bussiness dead
school closed
unemployeement spreading
loook where jammu region is now every where is developemt
there is more tourist in jammu than kashmir
kashmir is survived only due to jammu economy
neither any firm nor forgiener firm want to do bussiness
now jammu become the most attraccting place for FDI in india......

ADVICE TO INDIAN GOVT

STOP LOVED LANG....NOW USE STICK
We support u watever the world say we dont give it dammm..............

you dont have to drop a nuke bomb. Right now, the pictures are full of green flag holders asking for this "freedom". In a way, the Kashmiris are nuking their freedom movements themselves. Americans, Russians, Chinese and Western European citizens abhor such green flag movements. We in America are smart enough to know that this means that they want the valley to be Islamic. There is no chance that they will receive any global support for this. Even a liberal city like NY City is against building mosques near Ground Zero. Kashmiris foolishly are expecting global support when no one wants to support fundamentalistic Islamic concept. If they had any brains, they would immediately drop their green Islamic flags and adopt more secular colored flags and get their doctors, engineers, and civil society stalwarts to speak in favor of freedom - even get a few Hindu pandits to ask for freedom to make it a viable secular freedom movement. No chance in 2000 years of the world agreeing to another ungovernable Islamic territory. I dont think the stone pelters get it. World simply does not support Islamic green (for that matter Saffron) flag holders.

Think logically not emotionally. Do a free and fair referendum under international community (unbiased) in Kashmir and act according to the results. It is that simple!

However, morons, fanatics, lunatics, bigots etc from both sides are delaying this issue. Musharaf took a positive initiative and limited the support for Kashmiri Mujahids to support the cause but India back stabbed us through Afghanistan. This is ridiculous, pathetic and an aggressive measure taken by India.

Organize an unbiased referendum and if Indians cannot support it than so be it. I am telling you guys to solve this issue not because I am a patriotic Pakistani but because there is a deep misery waiting for Indians across the hill, trust me. Last time I said something out of emotions but this time I am presenting the 'future facts' You might not wanna listen to this but at the end you will loose, defeat.

Kashmir issue is getting my eyes lately.

Think logically not emotionally. Do a free and fair referendum under international community (unbiased) in Kashmir and act according to the results. It is that simple!

However, morons, fanatics, lunatics, bigots etc from both sides are delaying this issue. Musharaf took a positive initiative and limited the support for Kashmiri Mujahids to support the cause but India back stabbed us through Afghanistan. This is ridiculous, pathetic and an aggressive measure taken by India.

Organize an unbiased referendum and if Indians cannot support it than so be it. I am telling you guys to solve this issue not because I am a patriotic Pakistani but because there is a deep misery waiting for Indians across the hill, trust me. Last time I said something out of emotions but this time I am presenting the 'future facts' You might not wanna listen to this but at the end you will loose, defeat.

Simply, it is not that simple.

For kashmiris to gain freedom, they need to portray a secular movement in the eyes of the world and not some green flag waving fundamentalist type fanatical stone pelting, which will make them monsters in the eyes of the world. First thing to do to gain freedom: start using a Kashmir national flag or something secular like that. Images and pictures are everything. Right now, I can tell that Kashmiris unwittingly are portraying themselves as dangerous people, at least here in America.

if you think use gun against kashmiri is bad then wat about china was it good.. ?against tibetians
even china use guns against tibetian that y condition r there are normal......

Kashmir valley is definitely the FATA of India and I am not sure how the Indian government will deal with it.

Either, you are an idiot or i bet you dont even know what F.A.T.A (the acronym) unfolds into!

N.B. The remaining post of yours in IGNORED as my eyes ache after reading the same BS (though paraphrased each time) by you, that is spread over the last few pages of this thread.

Gosh! i never knew the yanks lack ingenuity to such an extent! i can assure you those Americans (Westerners to generalize) whom i have met in person were much versatile!

Last edited:
Either, you are an idiot or i bet you dont even know what F.A.T.A (the acronym) unfolds into!

N.B. The remaining post of yours in IGNORED as my eyes ache after reading the same BS (though paraphrased each time) by you, that is spread over the last few pages of this thread.

Gosh! i never knew the yanks lack ingenuity to such an extent! i can assure you those Americans (Westerners to generalize) whom i have met in person were much versatile!

I am sure the Americans you met have pretty much the same thoughts as I have. We and the western world are pretty much an image driven country. And we all hate fundamentalistic forces. If Kashmiris are seeking freedom because of their fundamentalistic beliefs - hmm, nada, no support from us.

It is pretty clear that the Kashmir valley is devolving into yet another place corrupted by Islamic fundamentalism and is regressing backwards. Kashmir valley is definitely the FATA of India and I am not sure how the Indian government will deal with it.

Xeric rightly ‘prescribed’ that you figure out the acronyms before yapping and wailing away. The fact that you would equate FATA to occupied Kashmir is alarming.

By the way, being a disputed territory where (CLEARLY) the masses are against the occupation –it is a delusional approach to consider it part of hindustan to begin with! In FATA, there is cooperation between local tribes and the security forces.

You will pretty much never see anti-Pakistan or anti-Army graffiti or other such sentiment in FATA. Not what I can say about occupied Kashmir. Pictures do indeed speak thousands of words.

18IN_KASHMIR_1_165064f.jpg

RTR2GGJA_Comp-300x207.jpg

r

11slid2.jpg

good-picture-of-kashmiris-with-pakistani-flag.jpg

But I can tell you that the the CIA is telling the US president that this area will be home to more of what America has been fighting over if it becomes an independent, ungoverned area much like the areas in Pakistan in Afghanistan that have become the breeding grounds for terrorists for years to come.

How convenient…..what about Bosnia or Kosovo? There were HUGE array of Islamics (some whom you could label fundamentalist) who were pro freedom and pro independence. If you look at Kosovo today, they hang the U.S. flag almost as much as they hang their own national flag. Very pro-American (independent) country

Countries do not cause breeding grounds for terrorism….conditions can cause people to become angry. And in all honesty, people who ARE angry at hindustan for its inhumane treatment of Kashmiris are very much justified in being so. So as a hindustany who is scared of further terrorist attacks, perhaps you should instead introspect and ask ‘WHY’

I am still not clear as to how Kashmiris in the valley are addressing issues such as modern education, jobs for youth, lowering the influence of Islamic fundamentalists et al.

Al Jazeera had a report last month about how a huge number of the younger generation of anti-hindustan protestors are actually college students, some even pursuing graduate studies. It is an existentialist issue, not one in which poverty or poor economic conditions are manifesting themselves (for better or for worse)

Maybe a bunch of Kashmiris can be made to travel under Pakistani passports throughout the world for them to realize what a disastrous position that would be...getting screened in world's airports for 3 hours (even for a Pakistani tennis player who finished runner up in the US open this year). Kashmiris can ONLY get the US' support if they can assure that it wont become yet another fundamentalist haven, which is how it is looking now due to all these preachings from mosques

See, now you are just trolling……no need to analye or comment on dust-bin-worthy garbage.

- provide choice to Kashmiris in India to move to Pakistan or their part of Kashmir upon payment of a certain sum of money and a title to a home or business in Pakistani kashmir.

They are free to move anywhere under Pakistani control/influence that they desire. However, keep in mind that Kashmir is their home. Their land is there, their friends/family, their livelihoods. On one hand you call them ‘’your citizens’’ (derived from hindustans delusional notion that Kashmir is an ‘’integral part’’) and on the other hand you are contemplating giving them this generous ‘’choice’’ you proposed. Basically, you are saying you don’t care at all for the people of Kashmir whom you are occupying

This ‘phenomenon’ seems to be mirrored by the callous recklessness and total unprofessionalism being exhibited by the occupational sissy forces –who seem to have wanton disregard for human life in the valley. I am of the opinion that the stakeholders of this occupation are digging themselves in even deeper cow dung.

- make it into a SAR of India much like Hong Kong and give it a 20 year time frame to prove that it will not become fundamentalist like the rest of Pakistan and if they behave, ultimately grant independence.

- sign agreements stating that if Kashmiris were found to be involved in terrorist activities in India or around the world, they revert back to SAR status under Indian rule.

And if they don’t behave, continue to occupy it?? :rofl:

What are you, a pre-school teacher???

(Or perhaps pre-school student) :azn:

See, the world simply does not believe that Pakistan is able to govern territories and prevent the use of its territories for launching global jihads.

You are merely implying that, based on the statements of a few–many of whom hail from your own country it implies that it gives a true picture on the ground. Yes there are areas in Pakistan that could do with more ‘’state presence’’ (more to do with effective governance). Using the same logic, why can’t the Karzai administration along with ISAF fully ‘’govern’’ or establish writ in Afghanistan? You would think that with all the resources spent in the past 9+ years would have made the country ‘’governed’’ and prevented the scourge of drugs, weapons-pushing, smuggling, and terrorism from spreading across the border into Pakistan.

Of course you would leave that aspect out. You would also (again) forget that the Kashmiri struggle is not necessarily a religious one per se. Though Kashmir is a majority Muslim region; one that is loath to ever accept hindustani occupation

I, for one, will never support a call for freedom when it is coming from fundamentalist Islamic forces. It is another story when respected Kashmiris especially University level educators/doctors etc. want it. No more religious divisions and destructions because of that. The world has seen enough.

You, for one, seem blindly fixated on ‘fundamental Islamic forces’ and you fail to simply just point out that any religious fundamentalism is wrong –if and when it leads to hatred incitement and violence.

Most of the violence in Kashmir is due to frustrated youth who express their anger at an occupation they do not (and will never) accept; as a result, they protest (which is perfectly within their right) and they get shot with (live) ammunitions.

This is no new news. This has been going on for decades. With media taking a more dominant role in this ever-globalizing world - I, for one, would advise Kashmiris to continue to cover and document the atrocities being committed against them.

It is interesting to note that the world's so-called 'largest democracy’ banned SMS services; banned facebook in the valley (protestors were uploading pictures of the protests and creating pro-Kashmir groups on the networking site); and even place political leaders such as APHC chief under constant house arrest.

A FAILED strategy for failing occupational force that have no idea what to do next; no direction at all, due to their own oblivion.

Back
Top Bottom