What's new

The Formula1 in India

Should be hints of Indian culture around the track. Like Korea did.

297405_10150347052647936_292141847935_7916295_616770965_n.jpg

now.. this is what you call display of soft power!! one more feather on India's cap!!:tup:

Only soft power I see is European soft power.

297405_10150347052647936_292141847935_7916295_616770965_n.jpg

Only soft power I see is European soft power.

my friend.... it's still called Indian grand prix... & that carries huge esteem!!

Maybe... It's got the tri-colours and it's called 'Buddh'. Not saying I wouldn't mind a huge statue of the Ashoka Lions but... meh, still a cool looking track if you ask me.

Reason: Fappable material

:rofl: Thats no reason to edit your posts mate.

I don't want to get banned. Lol!

While the run-up to last year’s Commonwealth Games in Delhi, a government-run endeavor, was fraught with chaos, India’s first tryst with Formula One has, so far, been showered mainly with praise.

Whereas athletes arriving at the Commonwealth Games Village were exposed to dirty bathrooms and unkempt living quarters, the Jaypee Group is hosting members of the F1 teams, drivers and prominent guests in its posh 60-acre golf and spa resort. The resort offers its guests a leisurely swim amidst pergolas and exotic flowerbeds, an ayurvedic health spa, salon, lawn tennis and squash courts and even a discotheque.

India's Formula One Hosts, Jaiprakash Associates, Are Betting Big on Noida - NYTimes.com

my friend.... it's still called Indian grand prix... & that carries huge esteem!!

This isn't Indian "soft power".... People doing Yoga around the world is example of India's soft power. People reading Manga around the world is Japanese soft power. Cricket, Soccer is British soft power.

This is a European sport in India, it's not Indias Idea that's exported.. Whos soft power is it??

This isn't Indian "soft power".... People doing Yoga around the world is example of India's soft power. People reading Manga around the world is Japanese soft power. Cricket, Soccer is British soft power.

This is a European sport in India, it's not Indias Idea that's exported.. Whos soft power is it??

When beijing hosted the olympics it diaplyed chinese soft power.. when south africa hosted the world cup, it was called african world cup. These are all projection of soft powers. You might have your own definition, some of which i agree & most of it i dont.

When India won the cricket world cup.. its Indians who got the kudos.. not british! sameway when when spain won the football world cup.. it's spanish who got kudos while britain was mourning the pathetic display of their players.

Formula1 is a prestigious brand & India should feel proud to be holding this event.. this will enhance india's image as a sporting nation!

Back
Top Bottom