What's new

The first war of India fought against Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye! And they were happy when their women were raped by your Daskra personnel? They went gangam when they recovered corpses from mass graves! I can post numerous references but don't want to derail the thread.

So if you have any authentic reference to accounts please post, don't lie and play blind!

Here you go from the Pakistani source.
This All Began in 1947: The Jihadist Operations of Pakistani State*|*LUBP

1947: Pakistan army hires tribal mercenaries to liberate Kashmir

Tribal invasion of Kashmir started on 22 October 1947, an outcome of collaboration between Pakistan army, Pakistan Muslim League and Muslim Conference. Muslim Conference not only invited the tribal attack but also actively joined the raiders. Reward for this collaboration was that they were appointed rulers of this region known as Azad Kashmir; they and their political masters in Pakistan kept on feeding lies to people to strengthen the impression that the ‘tribesmen’ were ‘liberators’, and they came to Kashmir to fulfil their religious obligation.

The Tribal Invasion was a contentious and significant action, because of its serious consequences; and because it clearly violated the Standstill Agreement concluded between Pakistan and the Ruler of Jammu and Kashmir. Furthermore, it resulted in death and destruction of thousands of innocent people; and it forced the Maharaja of Jammu and Kashmir to seek help from India, which was only made available after the ‘provisional accession’ to India. Apart from that it divided Kashmir resulting in enormous problems for thousands of families on both sides of the divide. It should also be remembered that the Tribal Invasion, apart from other problems also resulted in the first India and Pakistan war, bringing its own problems, animosity and subsequent wars.

While discussing about brutalities of the Tribal attack, Khawaja Abdul Samad said: ‘Hindus and Muslims were taking refuge in separate areas. Most of the properties that belonged to Hindus had been burnt down. Many Hindus and Sikhs had been mercilessly slaughtered and most of their bodies were still lying in their homes or on the streets. In the past two days, the tribesmen had dragged numerous bodies and thrown them into the river………..Their attack had totally devastated Muzaffarabad. The homes of Hindus and Muslims were looted, shops were plundered and all the stock loaded onto trucks. Places of worship were not spared; they entered and took whatever they considered to be of value. They tore down mandirs and desecrated masjids. In their lustful search for gold, silver and rupees they even used digging equipment to search beneath the stone floors of shops. Whatever they could find would be amassed in a collective place where tribal leaders would supervise the whole process. From here, everything would be loaded onto trucks and sent on their way to the North West Frontier Province. In Muzaffarabad and its surroundings, no Muslim home was spared from this tribal bounty-hunt.’ (Tribesmen steal from a Masjid – Mosque.)

Khawaja Abdul Samad, while discussing the loot and plunder carried out by the tribesmen who apparently came to Jammu and Kashmir for the purpose of ‘Jihad’ and to ‘liberate’ people of Jammu and Kashmir, explained how they even looted materials hidden in a Masjid:

‘As there was no restriction on how much booty the tribal Pathans could take home, some of us locals consulted with each other and made a plan. We decided that in order to protect Hindu assets from being seized by the tribesmen, we would take upon ourselves (Muslims) to transport goods and valuables from Hindu homes and store them in the masjid. Some Hindu youngsters, many of whom were our close friends; who had yet somehow avoided the deathly onslaught were also utilised in this exercise….. ‘The ‘Bazaar Wali’ masjid was a two-storey building. By the evening, so much stock had been stored there that there was barely room for even a solitary ‘sandooq’ (large metal box for storing valuables) to fit in. We locked up the masjid at night and left for our respective camps of refuge. When I returned in the morning, I found that the masjid had been stripped bare clean. I was later to learn that the tribesmen had come late the night before and taken everything.’

akbar-khan-tribals.jpg

10000000000000000000000000% sure

Technically, theoretically and practically, bull cr@p.. So is rest of your post ;)

So I was thinking that we incorrectly blame Zia for the troubles of Pakistan. The use of religious extremism thru non state actors was first pioneered by Jinnah himself.. Which would make him the patient zero in the epidemic of religious extremism that plagues Pakistan today ....

You would'nt expect from pashtun to rape woman, our record is atleast clean regarding rapes, i think it is propaganda by india (or may be it is not). I am not sure, i need to do proper research on this.
But loot (may be killings on resistance) can be expected from tribals considering their circumstances. They were starving in cold winter with no supply lines from pakistan. I have read that locals refused to give food and assistance to these tribals, so they had to loot villages to survive, and they might have killed those who offered their resistance to their looting.
Bacha khan had already warned pashtuns that they should'nt let themeselves used as cannon fodder in kashmir by pakistan. At the end Pak army took the credit for victories in 1948 war, major sarwar was awarded nishan e haider. While tribals died in anonymity , earned "badnami", nothing else.

This article gave full account for rape, looting and killings in Baramulla. Mehsud tribesmen even raped and killed European nuns.

It was an interesting and informative article.

Wow Luffy. This post seriously enraged me. Now with other Pakistanis you are fighting half the time to "defend Pashtuns" and here you quieten down? Luffy why you are taking part in abuse of Maseeds just to perpetuate myth that they were used as cannon fodder? It has always been nature of Pashtun to fight for his country and people. I really suspect the interests you represent. I am writing about Maseeds and know half of what is said about them is myth and its only few families that are involved with the Taliban. They are emotional and even their ways were changing before the start of the war. They are not really ones who are responsible. They went to Kashmir to fight to liberate land they believed rightfully belonged to Pakistan. Why don't you check how many fighters Faqir of Ipi sent there and then talk?
@Gigawatt... Mehsuds looted but that is besides the point. It is because of them 2/5th of Kashmir belongs to Pakistan and their efforts kept Indian army at bay. Mehsud looting has to do with historical battles against enemy armies and in those times looting and raiding was a common thing. Now they are cultured people unlike Luffy who has more interest in acting like an Afghan national who still hasn't grown out of this murderous mentality. It was only Indian luck that the airport had not fallen. If it had fallen history would be written by our Kalam and Maseeds would be heroes of Pakistan.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tribal invasion of Kashmir started on 22 October 1947, an outcome of collaboration between Pakistan army, Pakistan Muslim League and Muslim Conference. Muslim Conference not only invited the tribal attack but also actively joined the raiders. Reward for this collaboration was that they were appointed rulers of this region known as Azad Kashmir; they and their political masters in Pakistan kept on feeding lies to people to strengthen the impression that the ‘tribesmen’ were ‘liberators’, and they came to Kashmir to fulfil their religious obligation.

The Tribal Invasion was a contentious and significant action, because of its serious consequences; and because it clearly violated the Standstill Agreement concluded between Pakistan and the Ruler of Jammu and Kashmir. Furthermore, it resulted in death and destruction of thousands of innocent people; and it forced the Maharaja of Jammu and Kashmir to seek help from India, which was only made available after the ‘provisional accession’ to India. Apart from that it divided Kashmir resulting in enormous problems for thousands of families on both sides of the divide. It should also be remembered that the Tribal Invasion, apart from other problems also resulted in the first India and Pakistan war, bringing its own problems, animosity and subsequent wars.

While discussing about brutalities of the Tribal attack, Khawaja Abdul Samad said: ‘Hindus and Muslims were taking refuge in separate areas. Most of the properties that belonged to Hindus had been burnt down. Many Hindus and Sikhs had been mercilessly slaughtered and most of their bodies were still lying in their homes or on the streets. In the past two days, the tribesmen had dragged numerous bodies and thrown them into the river………..Their attack had totally devastated Muzaffarabad. The homes of Hindus and Muslims were looted, shops were plundered and all the stock loaded onto trucks. Places of worship were not spared; they entered and took whatever they considered to be of value. They tore down mandirs and desecrated masjids. In their lustful search for gold, silver and rupees they even used digging equipment to search beneath the stone floors of shops. Whatever they could find would be amassed in a collective place where tribal leaders would supervise the whole process. From here, everything would be loaded onto trucks and sent on their way to the North West Frontier Province. In Muzaffarabad and its surroundings, no Muslim home was spared from this tribal bounty-hunt.’ (Tribesmen steal from a Masjid – Mosque.)

Khawaja Abdul Samad, while discussing the loot and plunder carried out by the tribesmen who apparently came to Jammu and Kashmir for the purpose of ‘Jihad’ and to ‘liberate’ people of Jammu and Kashmir, explained how they even looted materials hidden in a Masjid:

‘As there was no restriction on how much booty the tribal Pathans could take home, some of us locals consulted with each other and made a plan. We decided that in order to protect Hindu assets from being seized by the tribesmen, we would take upon ourselves (Muslims) to transport goods and valuables from Hindu homes and store them in the masjid. Some Hindu youngsters, many of whom were our close friends; who had yet somehow avoided the deathly onslaught were also utilised in this exercise….. ‘The ‘Bazaar Wali’ masjid was a two-storey building. By the evening, so much stock had been stored there that there was barely room for even a solitary ‘sandooq’ (large metal box for storing valuables) to fit in. We locked up the masjid at night and left for our respective camps of refuge. When I returned in the morning, I found that the masjid had been stripped bare clean. I was later to learn that the tribesmen had come late the night before and taken everything.’

akbar-khan-tribals.jpg

Bhai jaan, thora perh bhi liya karien... The excerpt you have presented is an extraction from the fabrications by blogger called DR SHABIR CHOWDARY. lollll! Ever heard of him before, he's controversial. He's a stooge who resides in UK, used to be the part JKLF now on a certain parole, known for spewing venom against Pakistan - he's to Pakistan as Arundhati Roy is to India. Lets agree Arundhati Roy and him are trustworthy, shall we?

The source is not at all Pakistani, it is also mentioned in the essay, but obviously you are too hypermetropic to see it. Just click on the tab source present right at the end of the last paragraph. I can understand, people often deliberately do not copy paste such things.. Anyway, here's the link to fabrications - Tribal invasion - some more facts-II.

Moreover, these are the sources to the entire compilation on LUBP*|*Pakistan's alternative media!

Ministry of Defence, Government of India. Operations In Jammu and Kashmir 1947-1948. (1987). Thomson Press (India) Limited, New Delhi. This is the Indian Official History.
Lamb, Alastair. Kashmir: A Disputed Legacy, 1846-1990. (1991). Roxford Books. ISBN 0-907129-06-4.
Praval, K.C. The Indian Army After Independence. (1993). Lancer International, ISBN 1-897829-45-0
Sen, Maj Gen L.P. Slender Was The Thread: The Kashmir confrontation 1947-1948. (1969). Orient Longmans Ltd, New Delhi.
Vas, Lt Gen. E. A. Without Baggage: A personal account of the Jammu and Kashmir Operations 1947-1949. (1987). Natraj Publishers Dehradun. ISBN 81-85019-09-6.
Cohen, Lt Col Maurice. Thunder over Kashmir. (1955). Orient Longman Ltd. Hyderabad
Hinds, Brig Gen SR. Battle of Zoji La. (1962). Military Digest, New Delhi.
Sandhu, Maj Gen Gurcharan. The Indian Armour: History Of The Indian Armoured Corps 1941-1971. (1987). Vision Books Private Limited, New Delhi, ISBN 81-7094-004-4.
Singh, Maj K Brahma. History of Jammu and Kashmir Rifles (1820–1956). (1990). Lancer International New Delhi, ISBN 81-7062-091-0.

Yeah, yeah, very very neutral and unbiased sources, huh!

Bhai jaan, thora perh bhi liya karien... The excerpt you have presented is an extraction from the fabrications by blogger called DR SHABIR CHOWDARY. lollll! Ever heard of him before, he's controversial. He's a stooge who resides in UK, used to be the part JKLF now on a certain parole, known for spewing venom against Pakistan - he's to Pakistan as Arundhati Roy is to India. Lets agree Arundhati Roy and him are trustworthy, shall we?

The source is not at all Pakistani, it is also mentioned in the essay, but obviously you are too hypermetropic to see it. Just click on the tab source present right at the end of the last paragraph. I can understand, people often deliberately do not copy paste such things.. Anyway, here's the link to fabrications - Tribal invasion - some more facts-II.

Moreover, these are the sources to the entire compilation on LUBP*|*Pakistan's alternative media!

Yeah, yeah, very very neutral and unbiased sources, huh!

Here are the account given by Father George Shank about Pashtun atrocities in Kashmir who was in Barmulla in 1947.

Father Shanks's Kashmir 'Diary' - Andrew Whitehead

The link I given, every source is not Indians, have a relook.

The Lashkar, Act I « South Asia Tribune

By: Andrew Whitehead

My mission as a historian of Kashmir started 10 years ago at the St Joseph’s mission in Baramulla. There I met Sister Emilia, an Italian nun who had lived in Kashmir since 1933, and heard her first-hand account of one of the defining moments in South Asia’s modern history. She was the last survivor at St Joseph’s of the attack by armed Pathan tribesmen in October 1947.
“There were rumours that they were coming; we were thinking they won’t do nothing to us,” she told me. “The Monday after the feast of Christ the King they reached here. Then they started to shoot. We were working still. The hospital had patients. They were on the veranda of the hospital, going from one ward to another.”

Sister Emilia offered a window on to a deeply contested episode—a moment that was slipping out of living memory. The invaders, who decades later were still disturbing her dreams, had been encouraged to enter Kashmir by elements in the Pakistan establishment to claim the Muslim-majority, Hindu-ruled princely state for Islam and Pakistan.I urgently sought out others who had lived through the attack. In England, Tom Dykes told me how he was awoken on that Monday morning by the sound of gunfire. He was five years old. He and some nuns sought refuge in a locked room at the convent hospital, but the attackers started to batter down the door. “The splinters started to fly, and I could see the wild faces through the cracks. At the back of the room there was another door, and it was not locked and I ran.” His parents were among the six people killed in the attack; he and his two younger brothers survived.In Baramulla town, a man who in 1947 had pro-Pakistan sympathies recalled how the mood had turned against the invaders. “They provided me with a guard, one of the tribal men,” he told me, his sense of outrage still undimmed. “After two days, they looted me also!” An elderly Sikh woman recounted how her three female cousins, all then teenagers like her, had been abducted and never heard of since.

A journalist colleague in the North West Frontier Province succeeded in tracking down a veteran of the tribal lashkar. “We were asked by the Pir of Manki Sharif to come and fight,” said Khan Shah Afridi. “He told us we should not be afraid—it is a war between Muslims and infidels and we will get Kashmir freed. We shot whoever we saw in Baramulla. We forced Hindus to run for their lives.” These voices offered compelling testimony about how Kashmir first came to be in the grip of conflict. It was a human perspective to what so often is presented as a dispute about territory. And there was a remarkable conjunction of dates—the day on which the tribal fighters ransacked St Joseph’s, October 27, 1947, was also the day that the first ever Indian troops landed in Kashmir.Scouring through the archives, further remarkable testimony came to light. A missionary priest had set down by hand in an old desk diary a vivid account of the attack on Baramulla. I was perhaps the first person apart from the author to have read it. Old copies of the Hindustan Times and the Times of India revealed how Sheikh Abdullah and his supporters set up an armed militia to defend Srinagar—and in recent months, I have met Kashmiri men and women who served in that force.

These rich historical sources help answer questions about how the invaders were organised, why they failed to capitalise on local disenchantment with the maharaja, and why they were unable, in spite of initial military superiority, to capture Srinagar. The events of those few days 60 years ago have moulded the region’s political geography—it’s a story too important to be left to the official chroniclers.

If the Kashmir dispute had ever been settled, then an account of how the conflict first flared up would be of academic value only.But it remains one of the world’s most enduring geopolitical faultlines, compounded by the rise of Islamic radicalism and by the nuclear power status of both principal parties.

Partisan history has been part of the problem. The Kashmir issue has been snagged by an almost theological reiteration, from one perspective or another, of the events of 1947. It’s as if, in Delhi and Islamabad (less so in Srinagar), there’s a feeling that if we can argue that our side was right 60 years ago, then it vindicates our approach to Kashmir ever since.Yet it’s difficult to see how any crisis can be settled unless it is first understood, or how it can be understood without a grasp of how it started. Once you begin to look at the complexities of the past, simple solutions no longer seem to make so much sense. And once those who care about Kashmir start to agree on a common narrative of the valley’s modern history, then broader agreement may not be too far away. (Andrew Whitehead’s account of the origins of the Kashmir conflict, Mission in Kashmir, is published this month by Penguin India.)

yr post yr propaganda video with a title ''The first war of India fought against Pakistan'' in Pakistan's Military Forum itself.:rofl:

Yr title says it all that what it will be in this video.
Truth hurts, what? Living in denial of the truth is supreme bliss! Carry on......

@Emmie

From Google Book by Frank Moraes about account by Life Magazine Photographer Margaret Bourke-White
Jawaharlal Nehru - Frank Moraes - Google Books

In this particular page mentions looting and slaughter by laskhars in Uri, Baramulla.

http://ikashmir.net/pakraid1947/reportage.html

On occasions Bourke-White was able to slip out unescorted and meet tribal Pashtun invaders. She narrates her conversation with one Invader leader, Badsha Gul of Mohmand tribe. Gul had brought one thousand tribals, a convoy of trucks and ammunition for invasion of Kashmir. The trucks and buses would at times come back within a day or two "bursting with loot, only to return to Kashmir with more tribesmen, to repeat their indiscriminate "liberating" - and terrorising of Hindu, Sikh, and Muslim villagers alike".

Source: BBC News

BBC NEWS | South Asia | How the Kashmir crisis began

How the Kashmir crisis began
It's 60 years exactly since one of the world's most enduring conflict zones, the Kashmir valley, first erupted in violence.

Before dawn on Monday, 27 October 1947, soldiers from the Indian army's Sikh Regiment gathered at short notice at Palam airport outside Delhi.

Their mission - to spearhead an urgent military airlift intended to secure the Kashmir valley for India.

"I arrived at Palam airport at 0300, an hour before the Sikhs were expected," Staff Officer SK Sinha recorded many years later. "The aerodrome was floodlit to facilitate loading and we had tea ready for the troops...

"We were racing against time but fortunately things somehow worked all right."

The Dakota planes could take at most 17 soldiers along with personal bedrolls and ammunition. The airfield at the capital, Srinagar was basic - no fuelling or servicing facilities, no tarmac landing strip, no lighting for night-time flights.

Unresolved conflict

The first Indian troops reached there about 9 am on that morning. By the end of the day, 28 military flights had been completed and 300 Indian servicemen had landed.

They were the first ever Indian troops in Kashmir, and the following morning - as they sought to check the advance of invading Pakistani tribesmen - Indian soldiers fired their first shots in a conflict which still remains unresolved.

When India and Pakistan gained independence from Britain in mid-August 1947, the status of Kashmir remained uncertain.

Its autocratic princely ruler, Maharaja Hari Singh, was a Hindu; three-quarters of his subjects were Muslims. He didn't know which way to turn, and he personally favoured the unrealistic option of independence.

To force the issue, sections in Pakistan's army and political leadership encouraged an invasion of the Kashmir valley by thousands of Pathan tribesmen.

They crossed the border in the early hours of 22nd October and - aided by desertions from the maharaja's army - quickly took control of the town of Muzaffarabad.

Khan Shah Afridi, a veteran of the invading force, said he was instructed to go to Kashmir by a Muslim holy man.

"The pir told us we will fight and we should not be afraid. It's a war between Muslims and infidels, and we will get Kashmir freed."

Many Kashmiri Muslims initially viewed the tribesmen as liberators, but the raiders' appetite for loot cost them much local support.

As the tribal army advanced towards Srinagar, the maharaja and his entourage fled by road, south to the city of Jammu.

"Everybody was furious," recalls Leela Pasricha, then in Srinagar; people said the maharaja was "running away, that he was abandoning everybody, that he was a coward. Saving his own skin, that's what we all thought."

Quest for booty

To save his capital city, the maharaja signed the document which made his princely state legally part of India.
At next-to-no notice, the Indian armed forces began the airlift of troops to Kashmir. It was the first big military test of independent India. By then the invading tribesmen, accompanied by a handful of Pakistani army officers, had captured Baramullah, the second city of the Kashmir valley.

"Dirty, blood-stained, ill-kempt with ragged beards and hair; some carrying a blanket, most completely unequipped," wrote Father George Shanks, a missionary priest in Baramullah, describing the ill-disciplined tribal army as it entered the town.

They were armed "with rifles of Frontier make, double-barrelled shotguns, revolvers, daggers, swords, axes and her and there a Sten gun. Jostling one another, shouting, cursing and brawling, they came on in a never-ending stream".

The tribesmen ransacked the mission, looted Muslim homes and businesses, and abducted Sikh girls and women.

The quest for booty delayed their advance towards the Kashmiri capital. The Indian airlift, and strafing and bombing by India's air force, started to tip the military balance against the invaders.

But the tribesmen were effective fighters, and they reached the outskirts of Srinagar.

In the capital, the Kashmiri nationalist leader Sheikh Abdullah - an opponent of both the maharaja and of the tribal army - stepped into the power vacuum. He organised a militia of his supporters, men and women, to help keep the tribesmen at bay.

Within two weeks of the start of the invasion, the tribal fighters were in disarray. Almost overnight, they turned tail and headed out of the Kashmir valley, with Indian troops in pursuit.

But while the Indian army won control of the valley, some other areas which had been ruled by the maharaja remained with pro-Pakistan forces.

Kashmir has, in effect, been partitioned ever since.

By the spring of 1948, Pakistani troops were openly deployed in Kashmir, and the two countries were at war.

Kashmiri Muslims, many of whom initially acquiesced in Indian rule, have in recent years been more hostile.

The past 18 years of separatist insurgency has seen huge loss of life - about 40,000 people killed by the most conservative of estimates.

The rise of Islamic radicalism and the nuclear arsenals of the two claimants of the Kashmir valley, India and Pakistan, have compounded the conflict.

In recent months, there has been more talking and less killing. But 60 years on, there's still no sign of a lasting solution to Kashmir's suffering.

Andrew Whitehead's A Mission in Kashmir is due to be published later this month.

Wow Luffy. This post seriously enraged me. Now with other Pakistanis you are fighting half the time to "defend Pashtuns" and here you quieten down? Luffy why you are taking part in abuse of Maseeds just to perpetuate myth that they were used as cannon fodder? It has always been nature of Pashtun to fight for his country and people. I really suspect the interests you represent. I am writing about Maseeds and know half of what is said about them is myth and its only few families that are involved with the Taliban. They are emotional and even their ways were changing before the start of the war. They are not really ones who are responsible. They went to Kashmir to fight to liberate land they believed rightfully belonged to Pakistan. Why don't you check how many fighters Faqir of Ipi sent there and then talk?
@Gigawatt... Mehsuds looted but that is besides the point. It is because of them 2/5th of Kashmir belongs to Pakistan and their efforts kept Indian army at bay. Mehsud looting has to do with historical battles against enemy armies and in those times looting and raiding was a common thing. Now they are cultured people unlike Luffy who has more interest in acting like an Afghan national who still hasn't grown out of this murderous mentality. It was only Indian luck that the airport had not fallen. If it had fallen history would be written by our Kalam and Maseeds would be heroes of Pakistan.

The few lines in the article about tribal's looting, killing and raping did'nt interest me, it was rest of the article which caught my attention and interest. The article was written by pakistani in a pakistani newspaper so why critcizing an indian?
I still dont believe rapes part untill i do a proper research on it but i know more about waziristanis than you can imagine. You may not know but wazirs and mehsuds main source of earning was through looting of trade caravans and plundering of plain areas. We marwats had fought several wars against wazirs and mehsuds in their attempt of plundering our areas , though their main target was always bannu, a very fertile agricultural land. Ask from any bannuchi, he would tell you that in ayub khan times, in 60s wazirs occupied and plundered bannu city, they announced that from now on bannu belong to wazirs. Bannuchis asked for our helps and we marwats defeated wazirs for them. One of my elder relative participated in that marwat-wazir war and died....they were not actions of some individual wazirs, they were wars waged by entire wazir qaum. You would be surprised to hear that from me, it was british who kept these tribesmen busy otherwise pashtuns of plain areas had to face such fearsome warriors always thirsty for warfare.
You cant leave areas on their own, if you wont settle them, if you dont provide them education, facilities etc they will always be caught in violence...wazirs, mehsuds and other tribals are like rest of pashtuns but are ignored and kept backward. The same wazirs in domail tehsil of bannu, have one of the most highly educated villages with large number of doctors, engineers etc....

@Joe Shearer Can you add some input to this thread.

The few lines in the article about tribal's looting, killing and raping did'nt interest me, it was rest of the article which caught my attention and interest. The article was written by pakistani in a pakistani newspaper so why critcizing an indian?
I still dont believe rapes part untill i do a proper research on it but i know more about waziristanis than you can imagine. You may not know but wazirs and mehsuds main source of earning was through looting of trade caravans and plundering of plain areas. We marwats had fought several wars against wazirs and mehsuds in their attempt of plundering our areas , though their main target was always bannu, a very fertile agricultural land. Ask from any bannuchi, he would tell you that in ayub khan times, in 60s wazirs occupied and plundered bannu city, they announced that from now on bannu belong to wazirs. Bannuchis asked for our helps and we marwats defeated wazirs for them. One of my elder relative participated in that marwat-wazir war and died....they were not actions of some individual wazirs, they were wars waged by entire wazir qaum. You would be surprised to hear that from me, it was british who kept these tribesmen busy otherwise pashtuns of plain areas had to face such fearsome warriors always thirsty for warfare.
You cant leave areas on their own, if you wont settle them, if you dont provide them education, facilities etc they will always be caught in violence...wazirs, mehsuds and other tribals are like rest of pashtuns but are ignored and kept backward. The same wazirs in domail tehsil of bannu, have one of the most highly educated villages with large number of doctors, engineers etc....

I am seriously troubled by your support to India and Afghanistan. There is no sense in supporting the Indians. Marathas, Ranjit Singh's Sikhs... all their nations have virtually always been at war with us since time immemorial. There is no sense in defending them. It is foolish and shows lack of insight. I might be suspicious of the world Afghan and Pashtun nationalist because of a number of terrorists I met on that site and those inspired by them like you.

Here are the account given by Father George Shank about Pashtun atrocities in Kashmir who was in Barmulla in 1947.

Father Shanks's Kashmir 'Diary' - Andrew Whitehead

The link I given, every source is not Indians, have a relook.

Don't bother, this link was also referred there..

Anyway, I have read the book "Mission in Kashmir" - I would recommend you too to read this book, its a good book. In addition to Father Shank's eleven days it also covers other aspects. It also mentions how India colors its stories and how facts are distorted per interests.. I suspect you know the the book in its entirety, for if you knew you wouldn't hyperbolize.

BTW, here, as per father shank (MiK, page 94) - Last line in particular.

image.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom