What's new

The first co-production movie between Iran and India

A work of art produced by the joint effort of two great civilizations that have contributed so much to human culture

What did Ganga contribute to human culture? Name something useful other than religious rituals.

What did Ganga contribute to human culture? Name something useful other than religious rituals.

Ganga is a river. I didn't mention the Ganga anywhere. Are you talking about the Indian civilization?

If so...oh boy, I can't believe that I need to repeat all this. I posted a long post some time back in response to a Pakistani "think tank" member, and I was astonished somebody would actually ask such a question. It's like asking what Americans have contributed to science or technology in the 20th century. I suppose there is an active force in Pakistani education that deliberately teaches that India hasn't contributed anything to human culture. I can think of no other explanation for this bizzare question.

https://defence.pk/threads/who-is-an-indian.409661/page-11#post-8038464

Anyway:

1) Literature: Vyasa, Kalidasa, Bhasa, Shakuntalam, Raguvamsham, and all the other classics of ancient literature? Shudraka, Asvagosha, and so on and so on? Heck, just mentioning the names of great works and great poets would fill a page - and that's just the ancients.

Now the great South Indian ones? Sangham literature of Tamil Nadu itself is more richer and amazing in breadth than those of entire civilizations.

Or the works of medeival India, both Hindu and Islamic? Or even Jain and Buddhist? Ramacharitamanasa?

Seriously, I can't even begin to simply name all the literary movements and traditions...just use google and learn a bit, it will only take you 10 years to scratch the surface.

2) Dance: From Natyashastra, the classic philosophical study on dance, and the great dance forms it has produced and continues to produce? Bharatanatyam to Kootiyattam to Kathak to Kathakali to...again, please do read up on the great dance forms and traditions of India, from ancient to modern.

3) Music? Oh boy. From Carnatic to Hindustani, from Tansen to Tyagaraja, from...

4) Architecture? The Shilpakala of Dravidian culture, the majestic temples and structures from the Chola period, the Buddist stupas, Kalinga arcitecture, the intricacies of Tanjavur, and so on and on?

5) Philosophy? Sorry boss, too tired to even list out India's contributions.

Mind you, I haven't even attempted to mention the literary and artistic accomplishments of each region - Malayalam or Kanada literature, and so on. I could only start thinking about ancient India, and realized that giving a synopsis of India's cultural contributions would itself take me a lifetime.

Sincere question - are you somebody who actually knows a thing or two about "human culture", other than as a measuring contest? Are you somebody who deeply enjoys any cultural pursuits? If so, there is a wealth of literature and poetry and music and art to enjoy that India has produced over millenia - far more than you can enjoy in a few lifetimes. I would be happy to nudge you in a few directions, depending on your tastes.

But if this is just a "You no culture, we lots of culture" thing, please don't waste my time.

(Given that you asked the question you asked, I think I know which camp you fall into.)

Ask Kashmiri people about the great hindustani insaaniyat.

Non sequiter.

Ganga is a river. I didn't mention the Ganga anywhere. Are you talking about the Indian civilization?

I asked, name something USEFUL ... refer to post #18 again.

How useful is temple architecture to humans? How useful is an obscure tamil sangham "literature" or whatever to humans?

The only thing you (or maybe not you) get credit for being USEFUL is improvements to the basic number system by white Brahmins.

If so...oh boy, I can't believe that I need to repeat all this. I posted a long post some time back in response to a Pakistani "think tank" member, and I was astonished somebody would actually ask such a question. It's like asking what Americans have contributed to science or technology in the 20th century. I suppose there is an active force in Pakistani education that deliberately teaches that India hasn't contributed anything to human culture. I can think of no other explanation for this bizzare question.

Anyway:

1) Literature: Vyasa, Kalidasa, Bhasa, Shakuntalam, Raguvamsham, and all the other classics of ancient literature? Shudraka, Asvagosha, and so on and so on? Heck, just mentioning the names of great works and great poets would fill a page - and that's just the ancients.

Now the great South Indian ones? Sangham literature of Tamil Nadu itself is more richer and amazing in breadth than those of entire civilizations.

Or the works of medeival India, both Hindu and Islamic? Or even Jain and Buddhist? Ramacharitamanasa?

Seriously, I can't even begin to simply name all the literary movements and traditions...just use google and learn a bit, it will only take you 10 years to scratch the surface.

2) Dance: From Natyashastra, the classic philosophical study on dance, and the great dance forms it has produced and continues to produce? Bharatanatyam to Kootiyattam to Kathak to Kathakali to...again, please do read up on the great dance forms and traditions of India, from ancient to modern.

3) Music? Oh boy. From Carnatic to Hindustani, from Tansen to Tyagaraja, from...

4) Architecture? The Shilpakala of Dravidian culture, the majestic temples and structures from the Chola period, the Buddist stupas, Kalinga arcitecture, the intricacies of Tanjavur, and so on and on?

Mind you, I haven't even attempted to mention the literary and artistic accomplishments of each region - Malayalam or Kanada literature, and so on. I could only start thinking about ancient India, and realized that giving a synopsis of India's cultural contributions would itself take me a lifetime.

Sincere question - are you somebody who actually knows a thing or two about "human culture", other than as a measuring contest? Are you somebody who deeply enjoys any cultural pursuits? If so, there is a wealth of literature and poetry and music and art to enjoy that India has produced over millenia - far more than you can enjoy in a few lifetimes. I would be happy to nudge you in a few directions, depending on your tastes.

But if this is just a "You no culture, we lots of culture" thing, please don't waste my time.

(Given that you asked the question you asked, I think I know which camp you fall into.)

Non sequiter.

You hindus are a very insecure people. Outside of India, nobody knows of these super magnificent feats that you've mentioned. Get a grip on reality.

Regarding this joint production film, even the actress is North Indian. What does it have to do with you South Indians?

Other than culling people for eating beef and raping tourists, I don't see many achievements. I might get the oddball Indian that says we have created the USB drive. Big fucking deal.

Many of the things you Indians are proud of are things that our ancestors in Pakistan were known for. Poetry, class, cuisine, manners, and even music. It just boils our blood that you snake like Indians try to take our culture and infuse it into yours.

And btw, nobody is falling for the fact that you are a Muslim Hindian girl. Stop pretending my little saffroni fraaand.

And also learn how to spell sequitur correctly. You didn't even use the term correctly because my example was completely relevant to 'human' culture. :lol:

Last edited:

I asked, name something USEFUL ... refer to post #18 again.

How useful is temple architecture to humans? How useful is an obscure tamil sangham "literature" or whatever to humans?

The only thing you (or maybe not you) get credit for being USEFUL is improvements to the basic number system by white Brahmins.

Guys lets not get into a discussion about what is "culture" with a bunch of self loathing wahhabi wanna be arabs from our neighborhood.

On topic iran makes some awesome movies. Hopefully the next one will be in that league.

ayesha.a said:

Anyway:

Non sequiter.
They are jealous girlfriends of Iran

Guys lets not get into a discussion about what is "culture" with a bunch of self loathing wahhabi wanna be arabs from our neighborhood.

On topic iran makes some awesome movies. Hopefully the next one will be in that league.
Even arabs consider them low class people, lol.

[QUOTE post: 8972329, member: 161175"]Pakistani mujra is better [emoji57][/QUOTE]
Their models did that for us at holi in bikini :lol:

Guys, please ignore troll post. Just stick to the topic. Is it an Hindu Movie or Iranian movie???Good development and more and more cultural exchange is needed between us.

Some positive development between India and Iran relations.

http://www.iran-daily.com/News/173060.html

Iran-India ties at a turning point

Iranian Foreign Minister Mohamamd-Javad Zarif, heading a high-ranking political, economic, trade and banking delegation will visit New Delhi today on the first leg of his Asian tour.
While in India, which is his third visit to this Asian country, Zarif is scheduled to deliver a speech at the Ministerial Conference on Afghanistan called 'Heart of Asia', IRNA reported.

In the conference, Zarif will also hold talks with several high-ranking Indian officials the ways of fostering mutual cooperation.

Managers of 45 companies including those from the mining, trade and agriculture, 15 knowledge-based companies, eight banks along with industrial, scientific and business officials are accompanying Zarif on his Asian tour, which will also take him to China and Japan.

Despite the decline in Tehran-New Delhi ties during the sanctions era, India is currently the second biggest importer of oil from Iran.

Following the removal of sanctions, Iran's oil exports to India has increased by 800,000 barrels per day (bpd) in the past several months.

According to official Indian report, trade between Iran and India reached over $13.13 billion during the 2014-15 fiscal year.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom