What's new

The first co-production movie between Iran and India

I asked, name something USEFUL ... refer to post #18 again.

How useful is temple architecture to humans? How useful is an obscure tamil sangham "literature" or whatever to humans?

The only thing you (or maybe not you) get credit for being USEFUL is improvements to the basic number system by white Brahmins.

Then I have to ask you, what did you mean by "human culture"? Is it something "useful"? Is that what the term means to you?

Is the Raag Durbar "useful" to you? The poems of Amir Khusrow? The subtle notes of the Sitar and Sarangi? Surely you can live without them, as can a frog. Surely you don't need to listen to Tyagaraja's "Entharo Mahanubahvolu" to earn a living. Surely, the majesty of Indian art and architecture are lost on you, if you only care about the "useful". Surely "Mia ki malhaar" or "Raag barsaat" by Tansen are "useless" to you.

You see, cultural accomplishments may be "useless" for people who simply want to live and die, like insects live and die. And I have no problem with that - I have no right to judge other people's lives. But when you ask about human cultural accomplishments, and then ask how any of it is "useful", I really cannot help wondering whether you know what "culture" means.

Again - are you sure you know what "culture" means? Are you interested in any cultural or artistic pursuits? If so, which ones? Literature? Poetry? Architecture? Dance? Music? Philosophy? Painting? Do tell me, and I will do my best to nudge you in the appropriate direction. If I can't, I shall contact people more well versed than me in these endeavors, and ask their guidance.

But if you were simply biting more than you could chew, and didn't really have a clue about culture or art, then please say so.

You hindus are a very insecure people. Outside of India, nobody knows of these super magnificent feats that you've mentioned. Get a grip on reality.

Actually dear, anybody in the world who is seriously interested in human culture knows these things. The Art institute of Chicago has an entire wing dedicated to just one of the things I made a passing mention to.

As I said before, I'm not interested in a "mine v/s yours". If your interest in human cultural endeavors is sincere, there is a wealth of art and culture to enjoy that the Indian civilization has produced - at least as great as any other. But if your interest is solely "India bad, Pakistan good", I am really not interested in an argument of pointless intent.

I'll ignore the rest of your post as an argument of pointless intent. Grow up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom