What's new

The Falcon turret

@BLACKEAGLE : Wait let me get this straight - Auto-loader, low silhouette & a low profile providing more protection for the same mass - Dude that sounds like an Eastern Tank !

As I said, low profile is an advantage but it shouldn't be on the expense of tank Survivability, let's take T-72 as an example, it's the most deployed Eastern tank and most 3rd gen Eastern tanks designs are based on it. Soviet designers were keen to keep it as lower profile as possible to avoid getting hit in the first place and not survive the hit, and this philosophy was proved wrong in several wars especially the Syrian one in which more than 1000+ tanks were destroyed. Considering Avoiding getting hit and survive the hit is the major deference between Eastern and Western concepts of designing tanks.

The lower profile in the T-72/90 was on the expense of the space inside the tank where the crews have to take uncomfortable and strict positions and yet their on the expense of crew combat performance, and that's because the ammo is stored under the floor of the tanks and turret floor and other locations, the fuel as well is stored in scattered locations, which put both the crew and the tank fatal threats in case of getting hit which could be resulted by flying turrets as we usually see with the targeted T-72.

t72-109.jpg

00gzpr0.jpg

The core problem with automatic loading system on the T-72 is not the concept of the system but rather with the scattered, un-protected stored ammo. Unlike the Western tanks which have isolated and protected ammunition compartments including the French Leclerc which has an auto loading system.
t72-37.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
There is some smells from South African DENEL or BAE!

Rooikat 120mm turret very similar to FALCON!

KCDEuXC.jpg

wieza-falcon.jpg

images-26_zpsfg3ux4tk.jpg

falcon14zm4.jpg

d0fa65269daf.jpg

There is some smells from South African DENEL or BAE!

Rooikat 120mm turret very similar to FALCON!

KCDEuXC.jpg

wieza-falcon.jpg

images-26_zpsfg3ux4tk.jpg

falcon14zm4.jpg

d0fa65269daf.jpg
Yes, Jordan cooperated with the Swiss here. I do wish it could have gone forward with an indigenous tank made by Jordan with other Arab countries but sadly it amounted to nothing.

Back
Top Bottom