What's new

The endless ideological wars against China

Large numbers of people died because of famine and U.S blockade, not kill, it is very different.

---------- Post added at 08:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 AM ----------

80 million , are you crazy?

You're talking BS, how can you compare a city like Hong Kong to an entire country. Have you even been to Hong Kong?

And if you have such a problem with China, then please tell your country to stop begging us for money to solve their debt problems.

Well, it seems "Captain America" has returned to the forum. :azn:

I am not here to defend the US but to say that China is certainly no worthy supplanter to the US. Besides, both economies are intertwined. For those who are foolish enough to suggest that China pull the plug on U.S. exports and loans would know that by forcing the U.S. to enter a depression would only hurt the Chinese economy.

Perhaps once the CCP is ran out of power could the concept of a peaceful Chinese superpower be accepted.

I am not here to defend the US but to say that China is certainly no worthy supplanter to the US. Besides, both economies are intertwined. For those who are foolish enough to suggest that China pull the plug on U.S. exports and loans would know that by forcing the U.S. to enter a depression would only hurt the Chinese economy.

Perhaps once the CCP is ran out of power could the concept of a peaceful Chinese superpower be accepted.

I do not see any concept of peace from you, in addition to deep hostility.

It's people like you who make me certain that supporting the CCP is the right thing to do.

If you're so concerned, ask your country to stop begging for money from China, and using that money to buy more Chinese goods, thereby increasing your deficit to us. (Which ironically means that you'll have to borrow more money to cover the increasing deficit).

All you're doing is giving more power to the CCP. You're giving them the power to shut down your economy.

And in case anyone missed this post:

^^^ Guys, just ignore the troll. He'll be gone by tomorrow. :azn:

[/COLOR] 80 million , are you crazy?[/QUOTE]

The fifty million killed by the Great Leap Forward and the Cultural Revolution combined with the "average" yearly rate of famine in the PRC not to mention the Civil War, the War with India and the Invasion of Vietnam adds up to that figure.

It's people like you who make me certain that supporting the CCP is the right thing to do.

If you're so concerned, ask your country to stop begging for money from China, and using that money to buy more Chinese goods, thereby increasing your deficit to us. (Which ironically means that you'll have to borrow more money to cover the increasing deficit).

All you're doing is giving more power to the CCP. You're giving them the power to shut down your economy.

And in case anyone missed this post:

Isn't it hypocritical to ask others to ignore me when you don't even follow that rule?

Regardless, the Chinese economy is export driven and could not survive without having to sell a bunch of plastic-based crap to the U.S., the largest consumer of Chinese "merchandise". Besides, the second you "shut down" the US's economy, it will be reinvigorated by the war manufacturing sector, much like in World War 2.

The fifty million killed by the Great Leap Forward and the Cultural Revolution combined with the "average" yearly rate of famine in the PRC not to mention the Civil War, the War with India and the Invasion of Vietnam adds up to that figure.

You are an idiot, only a few thousand people were killed during the Cultural Revolution, even if the West is also aware of this. The Civil War the number is uncertain, but because a large number of KMT soldiers surrendered, insurrection, so this number is not very large. Civil war, the Chinese go out of U.S. control, these figures need to remember in U. S. India and Vietnam war? Are you joking?

Americans have this ridiculous logic that if it disagrees with their version of history you are a brainwashed commie terrorist.

Exactly right, it's just typical racism.

They assume that because you are Chinese, if you don't agree with them, you must be brainwashed.

Not one of them has managed to explain to me how I, born and bred in Hong Kong, was somehow "brainwashed" into supporting the CCP.

Well, since you wish to continue talking about who has killed more, the Chinese or white people (both who have murdered plenty) let me continue with China.

36,000,000 An Shi Rebellion
25,000,000 Qing destruction of Ming Empire
12,000,000 Dungan revolt
7,000,000 Yellow Turban Rebellion

And the Taiping REBELLION (not a riot, riots don't last 14 years) figures were given to me from my Chinese History Professor, Dr. Yao-shen Fan, so those numbers might be disputed.

Either way, there's your figures for the 99th largest economy in the world (according to GDP per capita)

You mean, this Dr. Fan?

"Fan, Yao-Shan, MD, PhD Director, Cytogenetics Laboratory"

There is no other person by the name you have given, according to google. I don't think MDs talk about history. And I also don't think GDP per capita is the way to measure the overall size of the economy, but I don't know what they teach you in American schools... maybe adding and subtracting by age 15.

whats the official CCP version of the history regarding great leap forward?

whats the official CCP version of the history regarding great leap forward?

It was acknowledged that several errors were made, the great leap forward is one example of that.

Deng Xiaoping for example said that "Chairman Mao was 30% wrong" in a reference to those mistakes.

History lessons in China are not conducted in some alternate dimension you know. :azn:

You mean, this Dr. Fan?

"Fan, Yao-Shan, MD, PhD Director, Cytogenetics Laboratory"

There is no other person by the name you have given, according to google. I don't think MDs talk about history. And I also don't think GDP per capita is the way to measure the overall size of the economy, but I don't know what they teach you in American schools... maybe adding and subtracting by age 15.

I thought Google was in an unholy alliance with the US :taz:

Back
Top Bottom