What's new

The end of the desktop PC

Zaki, their are already PCs built in monitors with touch screen.
They have more powerfull processors than laptops but their are not as mobile as laptops.
Today, laptops are available with big screnes and powerful enough processors to catter gaming stuf.
Only, weaker issue is hard disk space which will also soon be solved.
Desktops, have no place in future and reprot indicate it quite rightly.

i have seen many times laptop processors r not as fast compare to desktops

I am thinking of building a massive powerful desktop with all my external harddisks connected in my present my laptop arranged in an array and with a massive video card which can play 1080p resolution blu-ray rips effectively and effortlessly.

Desktop PCs gonna stay..

I have a 17" HP laptop. Two Netbooks (9"; 10"). An HTC 'Hero' Smartphone. And a HP desktop with 23" monitor. Other than the 9" netbook (which serves as the home phone via Majic Jack), I use all of them depending on the need/place. I am next looking forward to HP Slate with Windows 7 or some Droid based tablet

(You probably guessed it: I never buy Apple products!).

Point is: Desktop is going to stay! I can't possibly do the kind of work using my smartphone which I can do even with my netbook. And even if my smartphones become powerful their inherent problem is small screen. Sure, my Smartphone can surf the web, Remote Desktop, play music etc. But that's it.
the web, Remote Desktop, play music etc. But that's it.

Zaki, their are already PCs built in monitors with touch screen.
They have more powerfull processors than laptops but their are not as mobile as laptops.
Today, laptops are available with big screnes and powerful enough processors to catter gaming stuf.
Only, weaker issue is hard disk space which will also soon be solved.
Desktops, have no place in future and reprot indicate it quite rightly.
I know Batman, I have seen this in many shopping centres and even used there (played chess on that PC). Haven't purchased yet so forgot its name. Its Tablet PC's may be? or Mobile pc something like that :D

All your Development for ur super / uber cool smart phones and laptops and games are done on Desktop....

So decide whether Desktops are in or out .....:coffee:

Most of here already explained in detail PC is never going to die, to the sane people the high cost graphic intensive animated movies/games how can it be mastered developed created on ipad like flop thing.

lol man they don't create/develop ps3 & xbox games using the respective consoles they use the pc to do it so those consoles fanboi can **** off

A desktop PC is essential for general purpose applications. I can't imagine trying to type up a multi-page document on a smartphone, or editing a spreadsheet etc.

Most of the journalists who hype about mobile devices have no real idea about the IT sector. A PC is highly customizable. You can replace nearly every component of a PC according to your likings. You can change the monitor to any size/taste without buying a new PC unlike any other mobile device. Every professional requires at least two HD and this can be easily done in PC. All the hype of cloud computing is going to disappear as governments start policing the net and I prefer working off line due to security risks for some projects.
Not only PC is here to stay but they will become as powerful as some of the low end super computers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom